Stuck....am I screwed?? *spoiler*
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
davin8r
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Stuck....am I screwed?? *spoiler*

I have the meteor sword, and I just got the dragon egg. But, when I try using the egg on the sword, it just keeps saying "that's not a good idea".

To top it off, I killed all the Sisters of Ederneum (sp?) earlier in the game. Since I can't talk to them to trigger the dialog for enchanting the sword, am I screwed???
Post Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:19 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Enchant Object ( Spoiler)

I don't know if you're screwed or not, but if you are at level 8 you can cast enchant object your self. All I can tell you is wait for someone wisher than I or play on and see what happens. I enchanted the sword myself when I got it. But I used the egg on it first. So you may be out of luck. Do you have the Bow of Lord Inuit? That was what I killed Akbaa with anyway. It might be interesting to see if it will work.
Post Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:39 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

davin8r, are you sure that you made the sword from the right alloy? It must be of blue color..

And you can enchant the sword yourself or use an enchant spell.
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:19 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Um...
Well I can tell you that yes you need the meteor sword to finish the game, no ifs ands or buts.
You have to attack akbaa with it at least once.

If you cant figure out what youre missing you are indeed screwed. Sorry lol. So stop now and figure it out I would say.
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:38 am
davin8r
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Merz
davin8r, are you sure that you made the sword from the right alloy? It must be of blue color..

And you can enchant the sword yourself or use an enchant spell.

I made it using 2 pieces of Mithril and the Koltk powder, then using the 2-handed sword mold. It has a +20 damage modifier. Is this the right one? Thanks!
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:15 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Sword

That sounds right to me. Try to go to another area to use the dragon egg on it. Since I didn't have the snake lady mess with it, I don't see why it should matter now. You might send a note to Garrett and ask if all else fails. You are using F key to put it on the sword I assume. I got that message a few times and just moved and then tried again. Also read thread "Stats messed up" They mention a guy you might want to try to get hold of as well.
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:02 am
davin8r
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Sword

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
You are using F key to put it on the sword I assume.

The F key? I just double-click on the egg, then move the cursor over to the sword, and it says either "I shouldn't do that" or "That's not a good idea". The F-key doesn't seem to do anything when the egg is highlighted, and only equips the sword. Am I missing something?
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:59 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

cmckj50 probably meant double-clicking.. F or "use" key" does not make sense in this case..

BTW, did you try to enchant the weapon outside the dwarf kingdom? Magic does not work there (even though apllying egg is not magic, but hey I am running out of ideas here..)

Good luck
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:35 pm
davin8r
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
cmckj50 probably meant double-clicking.. F or "use" key" does not make sense in this case..

BTW, did you try to enchant the weapon outside the dwarf kingdom? Magic does not work there (even though apllying egg is not magic, but hey I am running out of ideas here..)

Good luck

I'm standing outside the castle on level 1 trying it, and no dice. BTW, is it possible for me to continue w/out finishing the sword, or does having the sword trigger a new dialog with the king and/or with someone else?
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:44 pm
davin8r
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Great, I also just realized that I only have 4 of the five Akbaa meteor pieces (and that's after going into the hideout and getting the one from Ylsides' chest in his office).

Is there anywhere I can download a saved game near the end so that I can at least fight the last battle and see the end?
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:22 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

F key

My bad, you don't use F key to apply egg, I did mean double click. Did you get the Stone in the temple in the chest level 2 room 35? I forgot that one until the last minute because of the lich. I am out of ideas for the other problem, it should work. Personally if you can get the fifth stone, I'd try to finish anyway. If the stone is not there you can ask JoWood to send you a patch to fix it. They did that for someone else I read about. Hope you can beat it. Good luck. I said JoWood but just use the first thread in the forum to get hold of them.
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:28 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

The root of your problem lies with the sword.

davin8r, I read somewhere on this forum that you NEED properly enchanted meteor sword in order to get 5th akbah stone. As soon as you get one, the game will place a priest carring the missing stone at the entrance of Ylsides bunker.. Then you can kill him, take the stone and face Akbah.
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:06 pm
davin8r
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: The root of your problem lies with the sword.

quote:
davin8r, I read somewhere on this forum that you NEED properly enchanted meteor sword in order to get 5th akbah stone. As soon as you get one, the game will place a priest carring the missing stone at the entrance of Ylsides bunker.. Then you can kill him, take the stone and face Akbah.

Uh-oh, so much for continuing without the fully-enchanted sword! I am going to try reinstalling the game and then apply the 1.15 patch instead of 1.16, and see if by chance the use-egg-on-sword will work. If not I'll go grovel to JoWood for some salvation. Thanks for the help and advice Merz, cmckj50, and others!
Post Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:39 am