Usergroups
MOD Discussion Thread
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

Yes send it to me please .... I wrote my e-mail in one of the upper posts.

I have Ultra-Edit. (Do you need it for editing?)

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:22 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

How to change Pyrokar in focus name to John.

@Mercenary

UltraEdit32 is fine Hex Editor for editing.

Open up file gothic.dat with Editor in Gothic2\_work\Data\Scripts\_compiled folder.

Goto to exact line adress 00214126 h (for UK version 1.31 only!) or search for 'Pyrokar' with ASCII text box checked and match case until you find the name alone: 'Pyrokar' with End of Data, in hex format it is this:

50 79 72 6F 6B 61 72 0A FF FF FF FF new name must fit in original space.

4A 6F 68 6E 00 00 00 0A FF FF FF FF changed name to 'John'.

Important when saving a file in UltraEdit32! Ifyou just use 'save' option, it overwrites original file. If you use 'save as' option, it will save file but with NO extension such as DAT. When using 'save as' option you must specify what type of file is being saved as the whole file name such as gothic.dat instead of plain gothic default prompt. This is not clear when using it.

Now when Pyrokar is in focus, he has 'John' above his head for his new name.

Do the same for any name.

I also sent you a file with my german text bug patch and the new name John. It is a zipped file 1 Meg, just replace original gothic.dat file.

Please post if this works for you for feedback information
Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:25 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

Xerxes ........ World needs more people like you.

It works as good as RPGDot. Perfectly.

It's really great. And as i watched in Gothic.dat
you can change everything there. Dialogs,names everything. Cool.
Thanks for your help.

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:09 pm
wk
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Xerxes
good work, all that hex code takes me back a few years.

Anyway, is there any way I can identify the location of a scroll by looking at the binary data. I have seen a list of their insert names so I can find the hex data for each item but I wondered if you knew how or could tell me where to look for the codes to find their co-ordinates on the map.
Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:46 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

The location of scrolls are not identifiable locations redaily.

Most easy to refer to the maps from the German RPG site that has locations of scrolls and various loot already done.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:21 am
DrAAk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Does anyboy know what kind of mods are on this site: http://gothic.gamesweb.com/clans/mud/mod_public/?
Is there an english translation for those mods?
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:39 am
Twangy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The link is down my friend.
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:29 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

I tried the link today,

It's back on track again.
Post Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:27 pm
ScrewDriver
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Change NPC Faces in Gothic.dat

First off, I'm amazed at Xerxes712's work and dedication to this site and game, you've given a lot of priceless information about this game to the community.

And I hate to ask you this question cause you probably get bothered constantly about it, but i've come pretty much to dead ends everywhere. I understand how to change the values in that string of code to get Diego's face, and head shape, but I've been trying to find the values for Moe's ( the guy at the tavern at the harbor. also, his head is the second one on the face helper[with the scars]) headshape and face. I know that his head shape is the fighter.

But, I'm not too great at finding values for hex and all that, so my only alternative is to just put in random values and see what comes up. At first, I thought the head numbers on Face Helper were relative to hex values, taken from decimal to hex, but it seems that isn't the case.

So after long hours of head mismatches and game crashes from not having the value, I'm stumped. Pretty much I'm just begging for Moe's face and the fighter's head shape. Oh, and my version is 1.31 English. Man, if you or anybody can help me out on this, I'd be eternally grateful.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:51 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Screwdriver,

First, welcome to the boards,

I may be wrong on this but am i correct in assuming you just want to see Moe's face (HUM_HEAD_V1_CO-C.TEX) on the fighters head (which is an anim)
named (HUM_HEAD_FIGHTER.MMB) in the Gothic II game, or are you preffering
to "fiddle" with the hex code etc' ?

I have no knowledge of hex or the like but i have Moe's face texture on the fighters head and i used the GothicVDFS.exe plus Goman.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:09 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Each NPC Face and Head are located in files I call .D from Gothic1. They all start out with the string 41 6D 05 00 00 09 40 XX XX where XX XX is the double word for the the NPC unique ID.

The ID is from using Marvin mode and looking at abililties to see it (the Hero is 00 00). Example is Bandit by the cave at the start of game you see going down the path is 1013 = 3f5h = F5 03 machine code. Search for that, you find his and all data for him (armor, weapon, stats, behaviour, mortal flags, weapon, items, etc) Just subtitute Moe's number 432 = B0 01 and you willl find his Face number right behind the Head number. 8C 85 and 16 07

Use the raw number in place of the Hero's to get Moe's face. The number changes since this is uncompressed indexed data. When my Net connection quits messing up, I can find out exactly what the face number of Moe is to place in its stead for the Hero so you will have both the Fighter Head model and Moe's Face.

Changing the global texture may very well change all fighters to look like Moe. I thought he wanted his personal Hero to look like Moe only?
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:34 am
ScrewDriver
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Alright!

First, thanks for the welcoming, Wulf. This is a fine board. And a very fine game.

Thanks for the advice. As for the Gothic FDVS, that's the thing that lets you extract and view and edit textures right? I wanted to use that to edit Moe's hair once I had it (since he pretty much has none). But when i try to open a vdf file, it just says Unexpected VDF version cannot open. It's no big deal though, I can live without some extra hair. I just wanted to edit those 2 values in the hex just so I changed the hero's face.

And, thanks to Xer, I found the face! Thanks man, thanks a lot. I changed that 2c value to 0A. I was kinda taking a shot in the dark when I found the 0A value around Moe's data, but sure enough when I loaded the game it was his face. Now, all I gotta find is the value for the Fighter head shape(Moe looks kind of funny with a stub of flesh sticking out of his neck). If it's too much of a bother, you don't have to worry about finding any more values, you've already been more than enough help. I'll try and find it myself until I get it right. I'll take a screenshot for fun after I get it.

Thanks to both of you.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:42 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

No, that is the wrong value! Many faces look similiar, i verified the data use these for an exact twin! file gothic.dat UK v1.31

Face of Moe: go to adress 00432c31 and change the data string 41 2c 07 to look like 41 1b 07. "Change the 2c to 1b."

Head of Moe: go to adress just before that 00432c2c and change the data string from 41 50 7f to look like 41 8c 85. "Change 50 7f to 8c 85."

See my earlier post in this thread about two pages back that also explains how this stuff works. I got this data from Moe's data strings.

Try it out and tell me. I tested it and my avatar Hero looks just like Moe! Head and Face exactly, permenately until you want to change him back.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:54 am
ScrewDriver
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Whoa haha, guess the 0A was wrong, that's weird that there's a lot the same, and the fact I picked a wrong value still gave me similar face. Thanks for the head too!
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:41 am
Blacklight
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Forget about Diego and Moe...

I wanna play as an Orc Warlord and sack Khorinis.
Haha. That would be so neat. Maybe you could make the Orcs non-aggressive toward you. Of course, the whole game would be completely messed up, but imagine...

Sacking Khorinis with the Orc army would be sweet...
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:29 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next