Usergroups
Two questions!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
herrx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

1. I noticed that your character in the game starts at level 0. Why not level. I have never started with a level 0 character in any other game!

2. Could someone please check how much Gothic the full installation fills on your harddrive without the savegame folder and how many files and maps it has? Do this by first removing your savegame folder from the Gothic map. Then right click on the map called Pirahna Bytes and click on properties. Please tell me exactly how much it fills and how many files and maps there is!
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 4:38 pm
Stuart Booth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

What makes you think your installation from the CD is bad? I assume that's why you're asking...

Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 5:00 pm

Please, Herrx, for the love of god GO AWAY
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 7:06 pm

Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Actually in the AD&D 3rd edition rules you start out as being 0-level.
There is nothing wrong with your installation or game.
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 7:31 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

And if you think about it it's quite logical. Before you were thrown in there you knew nothing about sword fighting or handling a bow which is why you do is so badly in the start
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 7:32 pm
herrx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, the reason I ask for the installation size, is because I experimentet things, that I think is very strange. These things I list here:

First of all, when I installed the game, I did not get and autoscreen, it just began installation right away. Also after the installation I did not get an autoscreen either and I don't even get one, when I insect disc 1 after the game has installed. I always have to start the game manually.

In the game, my characters always run, instead of walking even thou you should make him run by pressing shift.

I had 20 ores on me, and was knocked down by a guard, becuase I attacked him, and he said something like "You don't even have ore, your poor bastard", even thou I had 20 Ores!

I knocked two menn down at a camp, and searched their bodys, and in body of their belongings I got a picture of an Ore, but I was not able to take it.

In the old camp, I can just walk freely into the place where Gomez castle lies, if I draw my weapon that is, and afterward all have forgotten. That means I for exsample can deliver the letter to the high mages.

I tried attacking a guard and im at level 3, but he did not even lose a tiny bit of his health even thouh I hid him 3 times with my sword!

Sometimes my characters suddenly can't move and im unable to talk to anyone or quit the game, but I can draw my weapon!

Very early in the game, on my way to the old camp, I met two hunters, and I noticed that you can be tougth 4 things, and when I ask about the two of these things, the main character for ask, but the other two, the hunter just answer at the same, and my character don't even ask!

Sometimes a characters is stuck in a place, a bench for exsample, and I cannot see his legs.

Could someone please tell me if they have noticed all this too in their game, and then please tell me, how much Gothic fills on their harddrive without the savegame folder and how many files and maps it has!
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 8:42 pm

Could someone ban him already?
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 8:43 pm

jldawson
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hi,
All your questions have been, or at least attempted to have been, answered in the numerous other threads you posted. Your installation is fine. These are normal issues that most everyone has run into. Stop worrying about it and enjoy the game.
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 8:47 pm

It's just Mud. The real Mud. Just tell him to come along with you on your adventure!
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 8:50 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Herrx again
DO NOT BAN HIM, it is funny to read his posts

Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 9:10 pm
herrx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Could someone please answer serious to my questions, or at leats say, if they have noticed the same. Also, please tell me how much the full installation of Gothic fills on your computer without savegames, by first removing your savegamefolder and then right click on Piranha Bytes an click on properties. A screen then appears telling how much the game fills and how many files and maps there is. If you check this for me, and answer the above questions, I promise not to bother you in the future!!
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 9:41 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Somebody told you in the other thread that all of this is either normal a known bug. Wasn´t that serious enough?
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 9:55 pm
herrx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well yes kind of, but could someone then please tell me how much the full installation of Gothic(that means you choice the custom installation and installed it all) fills on your harddrive without the savegamefolder and how many files and maps it holds!
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:22 am
Drakhan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

These are all normal game bugs, or parts of the game that are not bugs, you're installation is fine, and if it were not, you wouldn't even be able to play. So PLEASE,,, SOTP WORRYING, everything is OK.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:03 am
Jabberwhacky
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Overall my P Bytes folder is 1.15 (1,239,844,788) gigs large. Save games take up 54 megs of space.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:28 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next