Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Why do I get 7 fps with it all on MIN with a *GF4 Ti 4600*?!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
L_U_D_W_I_G
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Fps

To DREAGA07 - You turn on your FPS counter by opening the morrowind.ini file the main directory. There is an option to turn on the fps disply there (something like FPS=0, which you need to change to a 1.) This will turn on the counter in the bottom right of your screen.

A note to the rest: I used this game as an excuse to upgrade my computer (it was a 400mz clunker that was runnig about 5 FPS on this game) It is now a P4 1.6 mhz w/512 DDR ram, an Raydeon 8500 (128 mb) video card. Now I run about 50 FPS outdoors, up to 70-80 in small buildings, and about 20-30 in the largest cities.) I guess the moral of this story is that it takes some cash to get the game smooth, but it can be done.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:52 pm
shockzero
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Aeolus, it seems you must have failed to read benchmark comparisons of top end intel and top end AMD.

A say...1.8ghz AMD system with the same exact other components as a Intel 2.4GHz system perform almost the same. The difference is about 5-10fps in favor of intel. Thats PATHETIC for such a difference in clock speed. I am not a fanboy, I merely know my facts.
Post Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:40 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Aeolus
Intel are cheaper than AMD.. faster and blah blah... All this quantum architecture crap makes no difference to gaming

And btw your quite clearly an AMD fan boy.

Actually, AMD is cheaper than Intel. That's the entire concept of AMD chips, to be cheaper than what Intel offers, yet have performance at or above what Intel offers.
Post Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:46 pm
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

[quote="Aeolus"]Intel are cheaper than AMD.. faster and blah blah... All this quantum architecture crap makes no difference to gaming
[quote]

This is a joke right?
Post Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:38 pm
Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I'm a fan of whatever maybe the best. AMD is the best right now. It makes a diff in gaming. Just not this one. Needs a new game engine.
Post Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:48 pm
Spawnster
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

it's either the PC or u...so go figure
Post Sat Jul 27, 2002 4:39 am
IDPuterGuy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hmm...

I've heard a lot of FUD on this topic and needed to put my 2 cents worth in. First off this game obviously has problems. It should play fine on most of the machines mentioned. On to SDRAM. There isn't a huge performance jump for most of you using DDR unless your using a VIA 266A or VIA 333 chipset with an Athlon XP. As far as the Intel ones go I don't know. AMD is the way to go right now. So to say that you must have DDR RAM to play this is ignorant in my viewpoint because when this game was released motherboards that can take advantage of DDR were just released. Does this mean the the game was developed with the idea that it needs technology that will be sold approximately the same day as the game to play? Doubtful. I suspect some of peoples problems are Gateway, Dell and who knows, they use inferior motherboards for the most part. I suspect if they take there good components and replace the Mobo with a decent one they would get a huge performance increase. I am still using a Abit BP6 dual celeron 433 with 256mb SDRAM and I can play Return to Castle Wolfenstein on lower settings. Can also play Neverwinter. Both games do have some noticeable lag and the lower graphics settings detract from the game. If anyone wants me to build them a box let me know! I'm planning my next one right now. Should smoke. A Ti4200 only costs 137$ right now!
Post Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:18 am
Poor_Seyda_Neen_Bum
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

not proscessor

it cant be the prscessor or video card because i have 800 athlon 128sdram and i get 15-20 fps!
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:42 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3