Members
Usergroups
Can't join thieves guild, please help!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Another noob

Can't join thieves guild, please help!

I ask around to join the thieves guild and someone tells me "Go see sugar-lips habassi". So I do that and he says "You do not meet our standards, redguard".

I find this odd, especially since I bribed him up to 100, AND I have sneak and archery as primary skills along with acrobatics as a minor skill. They're all over 50 too. I even found Jim Stacy and asked him if I could join and he said the same thing.

I am currently the highest ranked in the imperial legion, and almost to the top of the fighter's guild. What can I do to join the thieves?
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:24 pm

Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

If you have major skills in those areas, and they say no, it's either one of two things:

a) A bug,
or b) Since you're head of a law enforcement agency and near the top of a ring of mercenaries run by their sworn enemies the Camonna Tong, they don't want you there.

-Matt
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:31 pm
Another noob

Is there any way around this?

If I could, I would exclude myself from my current factions, join theives guild, then rejoin my old factions. Think that would work?
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:10 am

Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Could work. I´d quit the Imperials. Sounds like a good guess the thieves don´t want you if you´re a copper.
And, for crying out loud! Sugar-Lips! She´s a girl! You can tell by her voice if not by her name!

CrossTopicBaner
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:24 am
maddog0606
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Pinnen
And, for crying out loud! Sugar-Lips! She´s a girl! You can tell by her voice if not by her name!

Could have a taste for moonsugar
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:54 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

The boss of the south wal corner club (he is upstairs) send me to Sugar-lips habassi.

I think if you exclude from a guild you can't get in again.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:59 pm
Vercingetorix

Re: Thieves Guild doesn't want you

You are out of luck...you have to go back to where you joined the fighters guild and join thieves first....there is actually a plot to the game! The fighters guild at the very top is corrupt, but the thieves guild found out, so the fighters guild has quests which ultimately eliminate all the top thieves guild bosses...so but advancing beyond a certain point (I think the codebook quest) in the fighters guild BEFORE joining the thieves guild will prevent you from ever joining or doing the thieves guild quests. By advancing to Grandmaster thief before completing the fighters guild is best, as the fighters guild won't exclude you from finishing quests for being a thief, and in fact, the thieves guild quests ultimately smooth your advancement in the fighters guild.

Most of the other factions are like that also...so beware of what you do....best advice...don't go killing people randomly.

Listen carefully to information about which faction is fighting or dislikes another faction. Also try joining all factions all at once before completing any faction quest early in the game, that way at least you have your foot in the door. Once you are a member, they may expel you for doing a quest for a rival faction that hurts them, but at least you will have some warning, and you may be able to finish a quest such that it does not antagonize a either faction (usually, persuading rather than killing someone).

Also, the game is designed so any one character will not be able to do ALL quests available, there will always be an exclusion somewhere, however, by playing smart, you can do most of the quests for almost all the factions with one character. By playing dumb, (running around killing things and not talking to to characters), you will be excluded from many factions, and many many quests.
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 11:27 am

Hank
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ACtually, you aren't outta luck yet. I had the same problem, the good news you can still join. The only one who is going to let you into the thieves guild is Gentlemen Jim Stacey in Vivec. He's the Boss man and will still let you join. After you join, you can still the do the quests by Angoth and zbig Helende.

I think it's because I whacked those guys in the Caldera Mine quest, but it might e due to an affiliation with the imperials. Don't really know. Anyone know if you can join the mora tong and the thieves guild at the same time?
Post Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:33 pm