Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic III Soundtrack samples and upcoming public showing :)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Krzychu
Japanese Drummgroup? Looks like I'm not informed well enough.

The group is called GOCOO and also worked on the soundtrack of the Matrix. Their homepage is www.gocoo.de

You can download a movie from the recordings for Gothic 3 on WoG, simply click here
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:16 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Thank you very much, Sem. And I've just seen in the other thread - wow, they took this soundtrack seriously.

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr
This will sound great on my damn great speakers

Off topic, but what speakers you got?
Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:44 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I dont like them these two pieces of music dont go well with Gothic 3 and i cant find myself playing the game listening to these the music sounds more for Star Trek or a opera ball or something lol but hopefully there are some better tunes in the game.

My favorite was the title music in Gothic 1 that was classic.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:54 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Paul999999
the music sounds more for Star Trek or a opera ball or something

Are you sure you followed the right link??
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:32 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Agree with Sem on that one.. Star Trek? Can't say it reminds me of Star Trek at all..

I agree on the Gothic 1 theme though - that really is a classic, and I read a rumor somewhere that it would be redone and be in G3, but only time will tell.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:08 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I meant it kinda reminds me of the trumpit sound in Star Trek the next generation intro , but the music sounds like a music in a opera ball or something really doesnt go well with Gothic 3 really cant picture exploring listen to that crap lol.

yeah Gothic 1's intro music was awesome we need more stuff like that also hope those birds chirping and all that crap is in it too makes gothic 3 come to life.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:48 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I do believe we will be seeing most of that in G1. PB has proven twice over(three times, if you count the add-on) now that they can create a good environment, and I think G3 will be no exception.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:26 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

never got to try the addon never came out in english i dont like addons though but really wondered about that game what is it about how long is it?
Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:16 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can't really measure it. It adds and alters the game in many ways, adding a lot more depth to it(especially to the characters). In hours the add-on part is about 10 hours or so I'd say for most experienced players. Also, it is a lot harder than Gothic 1-2. The creatures in G2 have been tweaked a lot and are now much tougher, so it's quite a challenge. Dragons in particular are now virtually invincible due to insane regeneration rate and psycho damage. In fact, most of the time I have to use cheap tactics such as scrolls of Summon Demon to stand a chance(at least the final boss, he's seriously badass now).

Spoiler Warning:

Also it adds a few story elements to our hero, such as Adanos' role in all of this, and the fact that our hero is the Keeper of the Balance. Which means that now our hero is both Adanos' and Innos' Chosen One, and Xardas is Beliars' Chosen. I'm guessing by the title "Keeper of the Balance", that one of the options in Gothic 3 will be to actually become the Chosen of all three, and therefore bring harmony to it all.

It reminds me a bit of Star Wars where Anakin is destined to bring balance to the Force, yet not in the way most people think. This whole Keeper of the Balance thing might just turn out to be more important than most people think.

Another thing the add-on adds is a lot of old friends. Saturas and the rest of the Water Mages, Thorus, Snaf, Fisk, Raven, Cavalorn and a few more are back, and have quite a few interesting things to say regarding what has happened in the meantime.

All in all, the game before and after the add-on is very different, and by far better after the add-on. I'd advice you to wait for the English version however. It's already been released in a few small countires in eastern europe(as far as I know), so my guess is that it will be out before the release of G3(you never know though). I would get the German version if you come too close to the release of G3 without the English being on its way though, because it would be a shame if you didn't get all the new story elements. Either that or ask for a full story spoiler(I'd be happy to write one if anyone needs it at some point).
Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:41 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
I dont like them these two pieces of music dont go well with Gothic 3 and i cant find myself playing the game listening to these the music sounds more for Star Trek or a opera ball or something lol but hopefully there are some better tunes in the game.

I thought the G1 theme sounded much more barbaric and primitive. It went along well with the story of convicts and bandits roughing it in camps and probably not bathing.

As we progress from the rural to the suburbia and finally the capitol of Myrtana, it will make sense that the music becomes more civilized.

These people know ambiance.
Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:05 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by muteki13
quote:

I thought the G1 theme sounded much more barbaric and primitive. It went along well with the story of convicts and bandits roughing it in camps and probably not bathing.

As we progress from the rural to the suburbia and finally the capitol of Myrtana, it will make sense that the music becomes more civilized.

These people know ambiance.

Yeah i liked the barbaric powerful sounding music , just like the music in the Conan movies i wish it would have stayed in just all forestly land areas , i think that desert place will ruin gothic but oh well.

im not looking forward to roaming around a desert listening to arab music
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:49 am
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

IMO I'm all for having more variety in landscapes.

Swamps....that actually look like swamps, forests, valleys, mountains, deserts, caves, etc.

As for "Arab" music why would it have to be arab music?

I think scores like say, E.S. Posthumus - Antissa , fit a "Desert/oasis" type setting very well and it wouldn't feel out of place.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:54 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Heehee that makes me think of the middle eastern stlyed techno music from Prince of Persia the Sands of Time. Our nameless hero will have to go shirtless, get angry, and learn acrobatics (10LP).
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:22 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Well usually every desert type place and you saw those arab looking warriors so i guess they will have that kind of style music usually is in every game i dont like that kind of music specially some gross sounding voice singing.

But theres the odd tune that i like and sounds good usually nice music played on a accoustic.

Yeah i remember Prince of Persia , prince of persia 2 was all rock music kinda ruined the game it had a more darker feeling to the game but i liked the first one better.

I like different areas too but my favorite are the areas in gothic 3 the grassy forest parts with the huts and castles all that cool stuff also like caves to explore and snowy areas would be cool if the next gothic was all in a snowy place i dont mean just wandering around big blobs of snow but villages and moutains like gothic but covered in snow and snowing kinda feels like norse setting.

Ive always hated Deserts , Sewers , anything that i find really boring i think GOthic 3 woulda been better with out the Desert and focoused on the forest part but oh well will see what happens , strange they havent shown any pictures of the main hero yet or any other new area unless i havent seen em.

One thing i love about snowy areas , is when you kill some one the blood just looks beautiful all over the white snow
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:47 am
LordHagen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think in the addon the desert looked quite cool, but I hoped It won't be empty, I hope their will be lots of caves, some filled with group of people hiding from orcs. And particuliar creatures. Also it would be fun to see the hero dying because he is so thirsty .In gothic 2 I liked abujin-whatever.
But I hope the desert part won't be more than 1/5 of the world. And the icy region shouldn't exced 1/3 of the world. Which would leave 45 % of the world to plains+forest, or 1.5 times gothic2+addon of "normal" territory. And I think you won't be forced to spend time if you don't want where you don't want (but you would lose valuable allies to fight the orcs). So there really is no reason to worry.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:58 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next