Getting Heavy Guard Armor in a "sort of" fair way
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Anakin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Getting Heavy Guard Armor in a "sort of" fair way

I'm on Chapter 4 now and have just realized that I "won't" be able to get Heavy Guard's Armor which is rather upsetting because I wanted to buy it.

I'm really against cheating however I just really want to get this armor very badly, so I thought about it and I'm willing to "create" the armor in Marvin Mode and then give it to Scorpio for free... then pay him 2100 ore to get it off of him (to be fair to myself).

However, when I gave it to him, he doesn't sell it back!? I don't understand this. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:33 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Since buying stuff from Stone is bought through conversation, he has a potentially limitless amount of what he sells. However, this stuff is not in his inventory. So there is no way to get the Guard's armor without cheating. I'm disappointed too.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:45 am
Anakin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I guess that regular store keepers can't sell armor at all, they are only sold by "conversation" sellers?

I can't believe this really, I just can't use this armor in good faith not losing 2100 ore for it but I really want it. Dropping the ore on the ground is goofy because it will always be there to get, there must be something I can do. Isn't there some sort of script or anything I can add to a store person to make him sell everything in his inventory that he isn't using or wearing?
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:03 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

If there is, I have no knowledge of it. Ask Wulf, he knows about these things. As for "converstion sellers," they're not just certain people, but people that sell armor sell it through conversation. I have no idea why. Again, ask Wulf.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:34 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Anakin,

Yes it is possible to alter the menuitem settings but it would take you ages, and you would need to take a course in C++ compiling, maybe about 6 months and what for? when you can just insert it (heavy guard armor).

There is no such thing as an itsy bitsy teeny weany cheat, there are only 2 modes (a) cheating & (b) not cheating.

Anakin, search your heart, you say you are playing gothic for the first time & really enjoying it, why spoil it?, are you a deceiver or a true blue?, play the game through at least once "straight" before cheating, stay true to the cause of "good gaming".

If you did drop your 2100 ore in front of (Thorus/Cutter/Jackal) etc' etc'
when you possess them you (they) can pick up the ore!
"fair exchange is no robbery" Hmmm, i don't think so.
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:10 pm
Anakin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I'm very happy to say that I've beat the game fair and square without doing anything at all... I just finished it and it was a terrific play!

I've decided to just play it through normally by joining Lee and getting his armor without inserting the other however there are two things to note though.

Since I was in chapter 4, I could very easily run over to the New Camp, join them, and simply purchase the Heavy Mercenary's Armor off of Lee for 2100 ore as well.

The Heavy Mercenary's Armor and the Heavy Guard's Armor (which is what I wanted to insert) are "identical" in every way shape and form as far as statistics, I just had a preference to the Heavy Guard's Armor.

Game wise, I would never give myself an "advantage" to kill things better, I just wanted to use it because I liked the look just for the eye candy alone (without any advantage in stats).

After buying the Heavy Mercenary's Armor, I eventually came across two other armors anyway not long after... the Crawler Plate and the Heavy Ore Armor.
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:35 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Anakin,

You did it, and your true blue. Will you be trying it again maybe
in "experimental" mode. There a lot left in gothic
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:24 pm