HELP - Stuck on Weapons Dealers/Missing People quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
group1
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

HELP - Stuck on Weapons Dealers/Missing People quest

I am terribly stuck on progressing further in either the Weapons Dealer or Missing People quest. I have to get Vatras' approval for Sotras (or whatever his name is) to give me the ring to activate the device (i've found all the ornaments etc)

But i guess to get Vatras' approval i need to first solve the Weapons Dealers and Missing People quest.

With the Weapons Dealers quest, i am not powerful enough to take on the bandits below the grazing pleateu.

I tried going into the Valley of the Mines but i get my ass kicked as I am too weak to fight the orcs and other creates there.

What to do?
Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:07 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Gain more levels. Do the sidequests to get more XP, there are a lot of all sorts of quests in CH1. Also, pick up and use the scrolls as needed. They now cost 5 mana to use, so when you fight some bandits, with some scrolls you will be able to burn some of them down over the distance. Don't be afraid to lure them out by hitting one and then moving away, once they stop chasing you (if more then one comes), return and repeat. They'll drop eventually and you get stronger, so it will become easier.

For those two quests, I'll say this for now: for weapon dealer's quest, you need 3 items: bandit weapon with engraved initial, ring from one bandit and a letter from other bandit camp. With these 3 items in your posession, you can solve the quest. For missing people's quest, you can gather the clues from many places, but the end - the final item needed for that - is on Dexter, in his pocket.

Just a little hint, regarding the weapons dealer quest: if you want to get "maximum performance" out of this quest, and also one handy little trinket, do NOT tell to Vatras or Martin who the weapons dealer is. Don't even tell anything about it to weapons dealer himself. Simply move on to CH2, take the quest what the weapons dealer gives to you in CH2, finish it, get the reward and THEN tell to Martin and Vatras, who the weapons dealer is. True, this means that you'll get to the Jharkendar only in CH3, but no difference - that area can be mean and some extra levels and experience, what you will gain in "standard G2 world" will only help.
Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:00 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

a prob i always read about this letter on dex but all i found on a dex was that letter about watching out for the old man and looking out for me nothing else
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:41 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

a prob i always read about this letter on dex but all i found on a dex was that letter about watching out for the old man and looking out for me nothing else
Post Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:48 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

nvm i already found it
Post Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:09 pm