RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

NWN GOLD!

It... IS... GOLD!!!!

http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/press_releases/nwngold/

"Finally, PC gamers the world over can breathe – their dream computer game is complete and only days away from their PCs," said Jean-Philippe Agati, senior vice president and general manager of Infogrames’ Los Angeles studio. "Neverwinter Nights has lived up to all of its promises – engaging and exciting single player campaign, a groundbreaking multiplayer component, never-before-seen user editing abilities and, for the first time ever, a true translation of the D&D® ‘Dungeon Master’ to electronic entertainment."

WOO HOO!!!!!

The quest for a good online DM begins very, very shortly....

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:45 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Eeee!!

: Val starts jumping up and down like an over-excited teenage girl. :

Last edited by Val on Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 12:02 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I do not want to do research... can someone explain to me what NWN is? And, I would like to know if it lives up to any hype that has been brooding about it. Thanks.

*Starts doing research; is pleased by what is found*
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:26 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

You don't know what Neverwinter Nights is? Wow.

Do research. You won't be dissappointed.

It's 3rd Edition D&D online... with a powerful editor and live DM functionality. With a live DM running the show and controlling nearly every aspect of the game environment... it's the closest thing to pen and paper there has ever been on the computer.

Unfortunately, the same people that use the construction kit in Morrowind to give their characters super stuff will use NWNs editor to create dungeons of high powered loot guarded by sleeping kobolds to beef their own characters up and then whine about how easy and boring online play is. But then... WHO CARES? As a DM, you get to edit/view who you're letting into the game and give them the ol' boot if they're unacceptable to your standards...

Or sic a hundred rust monsters on them and watch them scream and disconnect.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 2:23 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I'm not sure... I was just playing a Jedi Knight II demo, and that lightsaber throw/force pull combo is pretty good. Really, though, I will take a look at it. Thanks.
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:30 am
stealth
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Yes, Yes, Yes….

The Golden-eye looks great on my desktop. Now, the only thing missing is the game shortcut and I’ll be a happy man.
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 6:30 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I generally try not to get excited about buying a game. When I do, I generally get let down... yet with NWNs the only way I feel I could be is if I can't find any 'real' players and DMs instead of ranks of the e-l33t.
Thing is, with a lot of us here located within a time zone of each other I know that it could be really easy to find some good players.

I hope for a nice solid single player story for inbetween online sessions. That's about it. It doesn't even need to be a masterpiece of a story.

Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 12:19 pm
stealth
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
yet with NWNs the only way I feel I could be is if I can't find any 'real' players and DMs instead of ranks of the e-l33t.

Tell me about it. There are a lot of idiots ruining it for serious players. That why I prefer playing online with people I know.

Ohh.. and what does 'e-l33t' mean? I know it's some kind of FPS slang.
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 2:09 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

1337 = leet
31337 = elite

I learnt those on Nox. The best thing about Nox is that there is such a small community, you know everyone, and it is easy to find and talk to the best players (who happen to be a 13-year-old in CA [T3 =ping of 30], and a loner in the boondocks of some state [28.8k=ping of 250]).
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 2:57 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by sauron38
The best thing about Nox is that there is such a small community, you know everyone, and it is easy to find and talk to the best players (who happen to be a 13-year-old in CA [T3 =ping of 30], and a loner in the boondocks of some state [28.8k=ping of 250]).

sounds like me! (won't say which...)

OMG ITS OUT LIKE TOMORROW!!! OR MAYBE THURSDAY!!!! OR MAYBE SOME OTHER TIME THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGAYYYAYAYAYAHAHAHAHAHAHWWWWOOOOAHAHAHAHAHAYAYAYAYAYAYHHOOOOOOWWWAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats the only word to explain my joy
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:25 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

ive been waiting for this game for a loooong time, actually me and a group of my friends have created a LONG and elaborate campaign, all we need is to tinker with the editor to make it come from paper on to the computer. we use the 3rd edition rules in our d&d games, its coool.... the campaign starts with 3 characters (my friends) Kye McBlade, Simeon, and Zakaraiah Phoenix, and as they go through, there are a whole bunch of backstory tie-ins and fun stuff... and at the end of the Looooooong campaign they come face to face with .... I cant tell you his name, actually i cant even tell my friends his name its a secret... and its gonna be great! maybe you guys could join us!

Don't you feel better now?
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:46 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

i'd love to join you, Mastah Bovine! most of my friends hate RPGs, only a few of em are gonna get the game. so: the nameless bad guy... the mystery man.... He Who Has No Name .... classic
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:16 am