View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Who is your favourite NPC?

And why?

For the longest time, Canderous was always in my party. His honest tough-guy attitude and casual comments during conversations, along with his war stories really made me worm up to this guy. I love his battle cries. So many times I wanted to turn tail and run, but then I hear him scream something like "this is what I've been looking for!" and I just can't help it but stay and fight a bit harder.

But now I got my hands on HK-47. And his comments are beyond precious. The line of conversation when I asked him not to call me master had me literally in tears. Some of his questions (about my physique and such) prompted such outbursts from me that I'm sure my neighbours raised their eyebrows.

The NPCs in this game are incredible. They have so much character. So much emotion. It trully is amazing.

So please elaborate...

PS I realize my two fav chars are both of "evil" alignment, but damit they are SO fun I just can't help it.

PPS "Can we start shooting now, master?"
Post Wed May 19, 2004 5:07 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

You spelled favorite wrong but anyway I like people depending on what alignment I play the game as. If it's a light side I'd use Carth and Juhani. Carth because he is range and light plus I kinda feel sorry for the guy since his family and all... Juhani is a good melee character which is what I am when lightside. When I'm dark side (personal favorite) I use Bastila (because I get her later) and Canderous. Bastila is a sentinel which is good since on Dark side i use use jedi powers and Canderous as a ranger because I give him two kick-ass pistols i know where to get and are upgradeble (one is 5-19 and other is 14-22). Those are mine.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Wed May 19, 2004 5:21 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

HK-47 is my favorite from the game. His stories about his previous masters are by far the best. He's absolutely hilarious.
Post Wed May 19, 2004 5:56 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Killerofevils II
You spelled favorite wrong...

Please note "location" field of my profile.
Post Wed May 19, 2004 8:12 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

If you look at the topic's name "who is your favourite NPC" thats where you spelled it wrong but it doesn't matter really just telling you.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Thu May 20, 2004 3:44 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

In Canada, proper spelling is: favourite, colour, behaviour, etc. In other words, the British (i.e. original) spelling. But we still use American English nouns. For example: truck instead of lorry, apartment instead of flat, etc.

In other words, we speak American, but spell it British.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 4:02 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ok sorry didn't know since I'm not canadian. My apoligies
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Thu May 20, 2004 4:13 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

HK 47 was a really orignal character.

Kill the meatbags!
Post Fri May 21, 2004 10:05 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Haven't found HK yet... what world is he on (just the world name... nothing more, please ). My favorites are Canderous and Carth with my dark side character (Carth occassionally gets swapped out for Bastila but two jedi in a party makes things way to easy.) I like the astromech droid as well... and I've got him tricked out to have the most vitality, highest defense, and two kick ass blasters. His 'interjections' into dialog are fun, too.

Juhani reminds me of one of my favorite characters from the Dragonrealm novels by Richard Knaak. I might use her in my light side game (she's... not available... in my dark side game).

Party balance aside... personality wise I like Canderous (he sounds like Gorn from Gothic) ... and.... um... that's really about it. Carth is whiny, Bastilla is self-righteous, Fuzzball sounds like a dog whining even when he's angry, and Mission reminds me of Imoen (probably the same voice actress) and has the same perky demeanor.

However, I do think they're well defined characters and enjoy talking to them on the Hawk between worlds.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri May 21, 2004 1:46 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Spoiler:
Planet's name
Tatooine

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
...Mission reminds me of Imoen (probably the same voice actress) and has the same perky demeanor.

I found Imoen so annoying I had to really fight back the urges to behead her. Mission on the other hand just sounds like a teenager. But the cool thing about her is that she grows up before your eyes. She doesn't feel fake or pretended somehow. Well, at first she did a bit, but later on she's kind of cool. She kind of feels like a little sister (which is prolly what they tried making her to feel like anyways).
Post Fri May 21, 2004 3:46 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Ah, good. Next on my destination list anyways...

I wouldn't know about growing up before my eyes. My dark side character keeps telling her (and all the others) to shut up, drop dead, or leave if they don't like how things are being done and then mocks them when they make up some lame excuse to stay.

I'm going to be in for some surprises when I play through light side.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri May 21, 2004 5:06 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Mission would be my second favorite npc. I think its an outstanding voice actress, and also a lot of plot line in the mission character.

On the opposite end, the wookie, and the r2d2 type droid have almost nothing interesting written into their script. Sort of lazy by the developers to tell you the truth, they just go rwaor or beep beep.
Post Sat May 22, 2004 9:54 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

So I'll be the first to say Bastila I love the little romance with her (tough I'm of some reson never able to finish it )
Post Sat May 22, 2004 11:01 am
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

HK-47 has to be my fav. He's got the best lines!
Post Sun May 23, 2004 9:06 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

quote:
Originally posted by Aphazel
So I'll be the first to say Bastila I love the little romance with her (tough I'm of some reson never able to finish it )

I was able to!

I liked Bastila the best too, and runner-ups are Jolee Bindo and T3-M4. I guess I didn't like HK-47 since I played a light character and wasn't able to repair memory... But both will change the next time!

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Sat May 29, 2004 5:37 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next