Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Star Wars: Galaxies - An Empire Divided (PC, MMORPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Im getting the Collectors Edition over 1 day shipping.

Reason i am getting that is not only for the ingame wearables, but i plan on being a

COMPLETE SWG GEEK

and sewing that patch on my favorite pair of jeans, and using the art book for posters all over the walls of my room. I am hoping its over 100 pages since that just might cover my entire room, lol.

The only problem i can foresee is, what if there is a cool picture on both sides of the sheet? Oh ya, i just realized my dad has a copying machine, woohoo!

Sudden self-realization: which means i will have no problems with the posters AND IT DOUBLES THE AMOUNT OF POSTERS bcuz two sides on one sheet, whoohoo i am set now!

So, what version are you getting?

"To swig or not to swig, that is the question." -- William Shakes-beer
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:37 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Oh crap...sunofa.. I just realized something. If you guys are grabbing this game at release (thurs), you will have a huge head start on me. I will get to play for a week and then the wife and I are out of town for july 4th weekend. Well damn...You'll just have to loan me some credits when i get back!

I've preordered the regular edition, Ammon. I just couldn't justify dropping the extra $25 for a bunch of stuff I'd never use. I think it's cool that you get eyewear in game, though. Hopefully, they give you lots of choices to pick from, because the ones they had screenies of looked a bit...strange!

On another note, what do you guys think of the fee? $15/month for per month play, $14/month for 3 months, etc. I'm gonna grab a 3 month subscription to start. I figure I can come up with 42 bucks over 3 months! I've got the wife talked into letting me upgrade my PC, too, so that's gonna be about $500...yikes!

So, what do you all think?
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:38 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Well this is what i think about $15. Its not much money for the amount of time i will put into the game, and i am dirt poor. Knowing that SWG is a step up from all other MMORPGs to date, i think the extra 2 bucks is justified. Its not perfect, its not bug-free, but tell me what MMORPG is at release..
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:21 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Ok guys, we need to recap our plans. We're going to be on Intrepid, right? It's slated to be one of the 10 servers up at launch. We're starting on tattooine? What city? CAN you start in any city?

What are we all going to be again? I remember we had discussed all being
some sort of crafter. I think I will be a smith and develop my skills in
pistols. That way I can sort of take care of myself. I really hope one of
you will be a scout so we can use your skills out in the wilderness.

Who else is going to be with us? Shrap, Ammon, and myself are the 3 I know
of right now. Will there be others? I remember Jaz was mentioned at one
time. What about you, test? That would give us 2 former beta testers and
at least 2 newbs. Anyway, guys, 8 more days until it hits shelves. Hopefully
all of us will have a copy on day 1!!! See you then, and please let me know
if the info in this post is right!
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:23 pm
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Someone by the name of Zooey made an excellent post regarding SWG to the official forums (link). Thought this should be brought to a larger audience before everyone starts tearing the game apart once the NDA drops .

Full quote:

quote:

I'm a beta tester.
I read the posts from both sides in these forums every day. I'm not really sure what to say since the NDA is still active, but I'm going to try and convey a message here.

When I first played SWG I was disappointed. I won't say why exactly, but I was. In all honesty, I don't even know why I was disappointed. Something wasn't right. But then it hit me. I was being a moron.

What's happening with some of you (maybe even most of you) you have set unrealistic expectations for this game. My next Sentence will be all in caps...
THIS IS NOT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST.
This game is not going to cure cancer or fill a void in your life. This game is nothing but a GAME. That's where I realized how ridiculous my expectations were. This game is a wonderful place to play, socialize, and pass time in. Nothing more, nothing less.

My girlfriend sat and played this game for 5 hours straight. When she was done, we talked and she absolutely loved it. You know why? Because she had no expectations. She didn't have previous notions about how the game SHOULD be, but rather enjoyed it for what it is. She opened my eyes and I too, now love this game.

Some of you have to realize that. This game is what it is, and if you throw out all the hype and just enjoy it for what it is, I can almost guarantee you'll have fun.

Beta testers whine sometimes. You know why? Because some of us are very creative people with great ideas. When the game doesn't have our great ideas in it, (even though it has other great ideas in it from the devs) dissapointment ensues. People get pissed off because it wasn't what they envisioned. Well, here's reality, it's NOT your game. You didn't create it.

Anticipation is the best part isn't it? Just try and be open to what these people have put together. Work with it, not against it. They did a spectacular job. I remember hearing Paul McCartney say something about the Beatles once, and it was something like "We were a great little rock band. Nothing more nothing less."
That's really wise. This is a great little game. Nothing more, and nothing less.

-ch

Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:12 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Thx Moriendor, that was greatly appreciated. I couldnt have put it better myself.

Welp, the only ones i am aware of are, here goes:

THE PLAYERS

Ammon? ya, of course, what do you think
iplaygames2? positive
Shrap? uh huh
Ekim? heya are you playin or what? of course you are!
Jaz? take some time off of other games and give SWG a try!
umm i dont remember anyone else...

THE SERVER

yup, we decided on Intrepid because it will have the most people on it, trust me

THE DESTINATION

Tatooine is the planet; Bestine is the city. I dont wanna violate the NDA, so i will tell you why Bestine is a good spot later on.

SOME ADVICE

get your own soda and dont ask me for any soda. also after release dont forget to feed your pet, eat some food, drink water sometimes, hug your girlfriend (or mom, as is my case), and sleep 8 hours per day. and say goodbye to your relatives since they arent gonna see you ever again. and if you get grumpy, go to bed. sometimes we play these games too much.

In a few days i am gonna repost all this stuff here so that there are no accidental "wrong server, wrong planet" stuff happening. Stay frosty.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:52 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

This is Ammon777's Seven-Hundred and Seventy-Seven-th Post!

lets party!

thank you, thank you.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:55 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

erm..congrats on the 777 posts? Better than 666 i guess..

OK, got the server, city, planet info. Now, what race are we all gonna be? I'm kind of partial to humans. Kind of middle of the road, can do anything, jack of all trades and master of none dudes. Plus, I want to make an avatar that looks a bit like me.

What about you guys? What race/profession are you going to start off? We need to have a common goal in mind and be able to work toward it.

I will be a smith of some sort, I guess that means crafter type guy, with skills in pistols, and a human. And you?!?

===edit below here===

I agree with joining the rebellion, too...but I think we should be covert so we can take advantage of any imperials we meet...dunno how "declaring" works...

Starting a PA is our first goal, ammon..just need to outline our members! What shall we be called? The rpgdotventurers? Do we even NEED a name?

Last edited by iplaygames2 on Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:42 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Name: TBA after Launch (hoping to get a certain name)
Race: Human, Caucasian (will look a tad like Han Solo, same style)
Starting Profession: Marksman
Secondary Professions: Scout and Artisan
Initial Mastered Profs: Droid Engineer/Merchant (and adventurer-on-the-side)
Eventual Mastered Prof: Bounty-Hunter extraordinaire with TONS of cash
Eventual Role: fighter for the Rebel Alliance
Short-Term Quest: be a good PA Leader
Life-Long Quest: unlock the Jedi slot

EDIT -- oh and our common goal should be to establish a PA...
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:56 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

The PA will be with the Rebellion then. Being covert is good, especially for crafters. I have come up with a very exceptable name for the PA: Outlanders, signifying that we are explorers as well as fighters. Tell me what you think, guys. Here are a few variations that i am suggesting:

-- Outlanders (my first choice; short and sweet)
-- Undying Outlanders
-- Rebel Outlanders
-- Outlanders Alliance
... et cetera ...

Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:23 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Outlanders...nice! I am kind of partial to Outlanders Alliance, though, personally. Signifies that we are allied, and not just a group of people who MAY help each other out..we WILL, because we're the alliance!

Shrap, what's your take on all of this? Long time, no post bud! 1 week from today fellas! (here's hoping my reserved copy makes it into the gamestop up the road....)
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:28 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Outlanders Alliance sounds good, especially since it hints that we are part of the Rebellion. Plus what you said. Shrapnel, where the heck are you? He's prolly on vacation or something.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:21 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:
Originally posted by Ammon777
This is Ammon777's Seven-Hundred and Seventy-Seven-th Post!

lets party!

thank you, thank you.

Ammon77, you may try to hide stuff like this in the comments forum, but that doesn't mean that I never catch stuff like this.
Please stop.
Btw, don't you think you guys should take the SWG planning and chatting to the MMORPG forum now? This forum is more intended for single posts making a "comment" on the game, not planning what you'll be doing in it.
If you prefer, I can see about spliting the thread and moving your discussions to the MMORPG forum if you don't want to start new and fresh.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:44 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Sorry Val, it wont happen again in the near future.

EDIT -- BIG APOLOGY TIME to Shrapnel and iplaygames2:

Okey, this morning i woke up on the wrong side of my brain. YES, i am still gonna play SWG; what the heck was i thinking this morning? i dunno, i read
some very negative posts by other beta testers on the beta boards and got all discouraged and crap. But i have changed my mind. Just one of those days i guess. So i am still on for this, but we should take this discussion to another forum since Val gets annoyed by it being here. So i am gonna start a new topic about us in the MMORPG forum area. Go there!
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:25 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Sure thing, Val...

"These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along, move along.."

**moves along**

Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:31 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next