Chapter progression, did I screw up?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Ervin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Chapter progression, did I screw up?

I moved to chapter 2 (didn't know it would happen by just talking to ppl ) when I was level 3. Now, I read that monsters repop when the chapter changes...so did I miss out on all those chapter 1 monsters in the forests? Am I now cheated out of a ton/kilo of experience?

...the combat seems to be pretty difficult, I wouldn't want to miss the chance to kill easier monsters before them being replaced with tougher ones...
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:31 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Chapter progression, did I screw up?

quote:
Originally posted by Ervin
Now, I read that monsters repop when the chapter changes...so did I miss out on all those chapter 1 monsters in the forests?

No. Only new monsters are created, and old monsters remain their original positions. However, if the new monster (e.g. orc) is "stronger" then the old monster (e.g. molerat), the new monster will kill the old one for you, which means a loss in experience.

quote:
Am I now cheated out of a ton/kilo of experience?

No. Go back to Khorinis, do some quest in the city (e.g. Mad Fallen in the city). There're some quests also in Onar's farm. Also, talk to hunters in the "wilderness" (e.g. Dragomir, Grom) because some of them also give you quests.

Many of these quests do not require combat.

quote:
...the combat seems to be pretty difficult, I wouldn't want to miss the chance to kill easier monsters before them being replaced with tougher ones...

Combat is a little bit difficult in Chapter 2 because your char may be too weak for the orcs. If you can't handle the orcs, try something different. Run away from them. Use Potion of Speed. Never use direct route. Transform into something else. etc, etc, etc.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:49 pm
The_Dragon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Nope, you did not miss anything. The non-story-quests stay. The monsters too, each chapter change creats new ones.
And there are monsters from the beginning lurking araound which you will be able to kill in the fourth+ chapter (or later, depends how fast you advance in the main story compared to you level)
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:19 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by The_Dragon
The non-story-quests stay.

Some guild-related quests will disappear, however. So, it's better to do quests early unless you know that specific quest will stay.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:22 pm