All right......Fess up
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Vampire

Author Thread
Nukester
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

All right......Fess up

How many of you actually made it through the ending of the game (the last two quests anyway) without the noclip cheat or god mode ? There is no way on earth I could have finished it with the build I had without them (a Toreador, basically specializing in seduction and peruassion, and a little melee), and I really cant see any other character getting through all of that respawning without them.

Just curious.......be truthful now.........

overall, nice game. Started out as around an 8.5 in my book, and ended up around 6-6.5ish, for an overall 7.5 or so. Nice story, but the combat grew thin on me after awhile
Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:33 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Well, with my first character, I did have to use the noclip cheat in the Kuei-Jin temple. My second character didn't run into any problems. I've got several other characters in various stages of the end, but since I've seen each of the endings, I didn't feel like finishing.
Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:16 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

no problems with my gangrel

except that one um boss lady i cant remember her name
Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:16 am
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Yeah it was cake with my gangrel too. Alacrity is way too overpowered. If you have that skill, then beating should be cake.
Post Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:57 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I finished today (put it on hold for six months as I tend to do with games) with my Tremere. No real problems with the temple (aside from being shot in mid jump and knocked onto the instant death blade-springing panels). No problems with the tower... until the final battle.

God, that was annoying.

I played it at least a half a dozen times before dropping the stupid bat. Fortunately I'd saved 20 xp (I tend to in games like this) just in case... and I spent them on firearms.

Annoying as all hell.

Might finish with my Brujah anarch before uninstalling the game. I imagine things will be faster with his celerity and potence.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:56 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I'm glad to see that you finished the game, Xen. Sorry to hear that you had an annoying time with the final battle. It was rather irritating. Since I've seen all of the endings to the game, I just don't bother with that part of the game anymore.
Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:54 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

With few exceptions I tend to not keep games on my hard drive once I've completed them. I tend to play the heck of them getting to the end (such as Vampire, where I had five vampires ready for the Warrens) which is why I don't finish many.

Start to finish, multiple ends are rare in my world. ToEE was played concurrently by 3 parties. Arcanum was the rarity... I had a dozen characters on the go but each waited their turn for the three times I completed it.

Classic restartitis. I'm terrible in MMO as a result.

About the final battle... how did you win it? I was popping blood packs like mad, running, firing when I could, and using Purge on the annoying gangrel-thingies to keep them vomitting instead of tearing my head off. I have no idea how a Malk would beat it... the entire end three areas are non-stop combat so social skills are wasted once again. I'm guessing the bat can see through obfuscate.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:51 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Malks can make people crazy too, you know.
Basically, I got in some lucky shots and worked to keep the other guys with guns alive, since they were better shots. As for getting through the tower, it wasn't that hard to stealth kill everyone, or just waltz right past them.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:55 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I played it when it first came out with no patches and beat it in 4 days my favorite clan is the Brujah but because the character is black i chose Gangrel (i dont like being forced to play as race or gender all the others were white im white so i wanna play as a white character)

So i played Gangrel disiplines were pretty crappy i never used em i just used the katana threw the game guns were useless.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:30 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

No disciplines? Impressive. I liked transforming into a wolf-monster and ripping everything to pieces with my aggrovated damage claws as a Gangrel.

The guys on the roof were dead so fast.. well... actually, they tended to die to me frenzying and eating them as much as anything else (Tremere aren't noted for their humanity).

If I go through with the Malk I'll have to try to focus on the gangrel being rained on the field and hope the shotgun swat guys (who are they supposed to be anyways?) live long enough to get the job done.

Post Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:13 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I played threw the game no problems there were parts when it was frustatingly hard and it shouldnt be for a vampire game was so unbalanced and buggy and horrible performance (this was when it first came out and beat it with orignal build never played it again)

I wanted to play as Brujah (my favorite clan) but the guy was black (im white so i wanna play as a white character etc)

So i picked Gangrel Feral Claws were crap they were the best weapons in Redemption so i just used the samurai sword threw the whole game guns were useless.
Post Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:52 am
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I didn't have to cheat, well not really. Ming Xao was impossible for me until I heard the trick to her. You go through the portal crouched, then go behind her and shoot her about a hundred times with the shotgun and or python.

The giant demon bat thing is handled with the python. The annoying shovelheads made it interesting but if you have dominate you can just zap them with suicide or posses to keep them out of the way. Then you just snipe at the bat with the python while crouched.

I played with a ventrue and tremere. The tremere was a bit handicapped as I only put the blood magic up to "purge" and that didn't work on the bosses but I still managed. You can always buy a lot of blood packes and set them to a hot key and just keep quaffing them during the fight. If you've saved your pennies and can afford them.

The temple... urgh. The game lost some points there for me. I hate... HATE respawn. I gave up fighting or exploring and just sneaked through them just to get it over with. Ruined an otherwise cool level. Sneaking's really handy.

I can imagine how a toreador would be disadvantaged in combat but didn't you think you'd have to fight at some point? You should be pretty lethal in either ranged or melee by that point. What did you put all your points too?

My only real complaints about the game were the respawn, and not enough options to customise your appearence (I hated my outfits as a tremere), and not enough melee weapons. I used the knife and then the katana all the way through the game.

The good points for me was the atmosphere, the characters (superb), the silent kill which never got old, and the babes. Too bad there wasn't a European version that had actual nudity.
Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:15 pm
booyah_boy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Honestly, I never did, and I too played the game as a Toreador (well, my first time through; I used the "select an answer" process and was made a Toreador, then played through once more as a Nosferatu to witness the difference in gameplay between such). My only advantage was in having invested a great deal (almost all) of my experience points into Strength, Dexterity, and Firearms (as well as those necessary to promote my soaks and Defense). In essence, I became the antithesis of a Toreador (having, as I did, almost no Persuasion or Charisma to speak of), yet I enjoyed the game immensely nonetheless.
...Of course, packing in ten Blood Packs and two Elder Vitae certainly helped as well; that and a load of ammunition.

quote:
Original Post by Val
As for getting through the tower, it wasn't that hard to stealth kill everyone, or just waltz right past them.

You know, that was the only thing that really bothered me in the game. As I noted above, I invested the majority of my experience points into creating a character proficient at Sneaking and Ranged combat, however, after having reached Stealth level five I quickly began to lose interest in combat itself (not that Stealth-Kills failed to retain their charm, especially with the chimes that accompanied a katana S-K), seeing as I could walk right in front of any mortal (while crouched) and not be seen. Overall, near the end of the game, I reverted to making as little use of Stealth as possible, simply to preserve some challenge to the combat.

quote:
Original Post by Paul99999
I dont like being forced to play as race or gender all the others were white im white so i wanna play as a white character,,,

Well, that is an odd thing to say; at least, insofar as I am concerned.
Do you honestly mean to tell me that you restrained yourself from playing a game with a desired character merely because of their color?
Don't get me wrong, I mean no offense, nor am I judging you; however, I must ask, do you regularly do this?
For instance (I do not know if you had/have any interest in the game, and thus, am merely placing it forth as an example), did you find yourself failing to enjoy GTA: San Andreas due to the protaganist's color (he is an African American), or did you simply not play it at all due to such?
Again, I'm simply curious, as it strikes me as a rather...um, foolish reason not to play as what you wish (no offense). Not that I fail to understand you; I prefer to play as a male character whenever possible, merely because I am male, however, if I have no alternative, or the female character looks to be the better selection, it is the female that I choose.

quote:
Original Post by Phil5000
The temple... urgh. The game lost some points there for me. I hate... HATE respawn. I gave up fighting or exploring and just sneaked through them just to get it over with. Ruined an otherwise cool level.

I could not agree with you more; no more than I could begin to elaborate on the myriad games that have lost favor in my eyes due to respawning enemies. I simply like to know that when I leave an enclosed room free of enemies, it will stay that way.

quote:
...not enough options to customise your appearence (I hated my outfits as a tremere)...

Again, I am in accord with you. Did you ever play through as a Toreador?
The character is spawned with red/pinkish hair, which is fine...until you reach Chinatown. Purchasing and equipping the Hard Leather than becomes a major esthetic crime, as the suit is exactly the same color. This means - if you equip the clothes - that you spend you time looking at one dark-pink man-shaped blob running around the screen...urrgh, now that was frustrating.

quote:
...and the babes. Too bad there wasn't a European version that had actual nudity.

You're not alone there. I remember the hundreds of posts concerning such on other boards - including Troika's own - when the game was first released. I myself was one of the posters, as, well, those are simply some of the hottest crpg characters ever...even if they are all quite slutty.
Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:36 pm