Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How many more hours of gameplay left do I have?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Forcus Maximus
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

How many more hours of gameplay left do I have?

I'm enjoying this game immensely and don't want to see it end... I'm in Chapt 4. and about to give all the items to the Orc to make the Ulu Mulu. How many more hours do I have? This game boasted over 100+ gameplay hours (larger than BG2), but I've only played about 30 hours (according to the in-game clock) and it seems I'm nearing the end...

-M
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:29 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

You still have 10-15 hours to go; 20 if you're really thorough.. But why don't you just play and see..
btw, sp..
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:39 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The game has a replayability like no other, so the 100+ is actually true..
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:28 pm
Forcus Maximus
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I would have to disagree here. After I'm finished the game, I wouldn't really want to go through it again. The story will be the same, and the ending will be the same. The final boss will be the same too..

Here's looking forward to Gothic 2.

-M
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:49 am
oE|Crusader
Village Leader
Village Leader

no, just join a different camp, alot of the side quests are different, and if your still bored then invent an alternate life
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:30 pm
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

For people who have already been through Gothic I recommend doing the 'Falling through the World Technique.' Actually I don't think very many people have tried it even though it has been known for quite a while. Take a look at my story 'World in Fragments,' for examples of how the world looks. Basically you are in rock, dirt, whatever, underneath things. There are two seperate plains to explore, a basement and sub-basement, if you will.

Technique: Turn into a bloodfly. Fly up behind the orc cemetary, up, up, to the highest point. Turn back into a person. Jump off the cliff towards the ocean.. Hit F6 a couple of times, and you are there, in the basement. The sub-basement is found by the orc cemetary heading for the swamp camp.

There are really many lovely sights to explore. The triple waterfall from behind, the land of pink and grey, and many other things for sightseers, and you are utterly alone. To get back to the real world just walk through any wall, ground, etc..(anyplace the plane of the real world intersects.)

I got about another 30 hours of enjoyment out of this great game by doing
the interplanar tourist thing. You can also just use the F5 god camera to see this place, but you won't personally be there.
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:59 pm