Usergroups
This game is hard!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Valofski
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I have been exploring for 7 hours with this game. I have NO money, I have NO idea how to get to other camps, I haven't completed ONE quest... I think all I need to do is get money, then I can buy a map, and find my way to other towns. How do I get money though? I've run around killing monsters, I sell some of my stuff but it just disappears and I get no "Ore"
I've read all guides and tutorials I can, somebody please help.

Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:27 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

First, when trading, you move what you want to trade to the center column on the left. Then you move what you want to buy from the seller's inventory to the center column on the right. If you just want ore then you have to move the ore from the seller's invertory to that center column. Otherwise you just giving you're stuff away for free.
Getting money is easy, you can beat people up for it. But make sure you're tougher than them and doing it at night is best. Also in the Old Camp there is a blacksmith named Huno (I think), you can learn to make crude swords from him. These swords sell for 50 ore each. At night, rob the chest in the blacksmith area. You'll get lots of material to make swords that you can then sell.

Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:43 am
Valofski
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

When I go into people's houses to rob them at night the guards always kill me. If the guards don't kill me the person kills me. If the guards and the person don't kill me the person runs away!
Any other advice?
I'm about to take this game back
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:10 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Talk to Diego and Thorus for a few times until (a)Diego explains you how to become a member and (b)Thorus gives you his quest.
This quest will lead you to the New Camp if you make the right choice, so save before you work on it.
The Baal near the marketplace guides you to the Sect Camp.
Each travel gains you 1-2 levels.

You can find a very good sword near the swamp (requires some creativity) and a free armor in the Free Mine behind the New Camp.
If you collect this equipment and invest your first few levels in strength (to be able to equip the sword) most of your problems are over.

Avoid fights for now. Only exceptions: single molerats, scavengers and bloodflies.

Gothic is rather easy if you got used to its mechanics. YouŽll always receive more XP for quests than for fighting (although there is a lot of fighting later).
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:21 am
domx7
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Trust me, Valofski, I went through this when I bought the game. In fact, I'm just now getting over it. I'm used to the controls, the mechanics, and overall- the gameplay. The game does take time, but it is rewarding. There is nothing more rewarding that many hours of solid entertainment. I've learned to save before I do ANYTHING at all, something that saves much time. Let the game soke in and there's a very good chance you will love it!

I'm a newbie too!

[ This Message was edited by: domx7 on 2002-03-24 01:31 ]
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:30 am
Valofski
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

If I can't get a map then how do I travel to a new town.

Oh BTW I can't talk to Diego or the other guy anymore. It says I have to fufill a bunch of quests in order to join...
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You need not have a map to travel. If you want to visit the Swamp Camp, talk to the Baals in the Old Camp, depending on what you agree on one of them might lead you to his camp. If you talk to Mordrag the NC trader who's near the OC south gate (and talked to Thorus about the man before that), Mordrag might take you with him to the New Camp.

Generally, you'll reach other camps by following the paths... sometimes you'll have to run pretty fast, though, to avoid all the animals lusting for your tasty flesh...

About the quests, look in your journal ('n'). It tells you which quests you'll have to fulfill and a few details about the quests if you select the corresponding quest (must be highlighted in the journal).

Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 9:00 am
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

(sigh) some people just arent gifted with navigational skills

Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 9:41 am
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

Your stuff has been sorted in some species. Are you looking at the right one??
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:29 pm
Krycek
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:

On 2002-03-24 00:10, Valofski wrote:
When I go into people's houses to rob them at night the guards always kill me. If the guards don't kill me the person kills me. If the guards and the person don't kill me the person runs away!
Any other advice?
I'm about to take this game back

Try to learn sneaking from Cavalorn,personally I wait the night then with the runes sleep and charm I'm sneaking into the huts and steal everything.
Try to learn sneaking and picklocking(from Fingers into the Old Camp and Wedge from new Camp)and you can play Gothic like Thief game!

Also yesterday I found in some hut near north gate from SC a book called Myrthana's Poetry,not read it yet but tomorrow I'll see what's all about!

Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 10:41 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Click here.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:50 am
Valofski
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for the help everybody!
I have around 1000 ore now, I mugged some guy with about 12 crude swords. Sold them, went to the new camp, and learned to lock pick. I've been stealing everything for profit now. I'm trying to join the sect camp (they have the safest camp and their guys looks bad ass) and I'm half way there. However in order to get one of the Guru's to speak for me I need to recruit somebody from the old camp. I am asking everybody but the option doesn't even come up. How do I recruit? After that I'll just go to the New Camp, get a sleeping spell, and cast it on a listener. Then I'm in!
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:56 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

The link above has most of the info you'll need:

"Solving his mission require a trip to the Old Camp, or even two if you forgot to talk to Dusty Earlier.

#1 Talk to Dusty in the Old Camp, he will tell you about a friend who joined the brotherhood named "Melvin".

#2 Stand in front of Baal Tondral and he will speak to you. Ask if its ok to speak to him. Ask him about Loyalty

#3 Find Melvin, that sits in front of Joru and tell him you met his friend Dusty.

#4 This is a great time to return the Reicipy for Dexter. This is also a good time to speak to Thorus and tell him that he will never see Mordrag again. Now go all the way back to the Old Camp and talk to Dusty. You need 100 Ore to bribe the back guards, and if you have, Dusty will follow you. Now save! This part can be a bit tricky, and if you are unlucky Dusty may "get lost" behind your back, so keep him in sight. Go all the way back to Baal Tyon, and keep sure that Dusty
is with you.

#5 Talk to Baal Tondral again when Dusty is next to you, and tell him you have a new student for him. Then tell Tondral that you would like to join the Brotherhood."

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:06 am
Death
Village Leader
Village Leader

Also Dusty is a good fighter so you may want to keep him for a while to level up or get XP. Don't worry since he is invulnerable. And things he kills give you the XP from it so it's cool to have him around for a good hunt.

Good luck with the game!
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:39 am
Valofski
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Damn where is Gor Na Bar? I looked in the walkthrough and I can't find him anywhere!
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:32 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next