Valentino, and some questions.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Valentino, and some questions.

Heheh, well looks like we've got a new bastard in G2, no Mud anymore but it's now Valentino...i already gave him a fierce beating..anyway..i got some questions...and since this is actually new stuff for the people who haven't played it, i post it at spoilers forum.

so I've beaten up Valentino, right? he said "wait till Lord Andre hears about this" now my question....will there really be something to this?
will the things you do affect certain things..so for example..will Lord Andre do something with me, like throw me in jail...or are these threats from NPCs just loose-talk , in short..there wont happen anything, or am i wrong here? so for example if i go looting all the people their stuff, so chests..everything in their houses...eventually will the whole town be angry with me? and i tried killing Valentino , but i can't? no finishing move? or did i do something wrong?

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:24 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Well, heed Valentino's words. In GII, those threats aren't empty. Lord Andre will hear of most of your antics in town - he's the local chief of police*, and as long as there are surviving witnesses he will know about what you did (you could also call him the local communication star if you're into J.L. Moreno's theories).

I have never tried to kill Valentino, so I don't know about that, sorry.

Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:32 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah , i just pierced a dagger right trough him, 2bad the main player doesn't tell virgos that he "killed" Val instead of gaving him a "sound beating" anyway....it's hard not to give him a beating..i mean..he carries great amounts of gold...

It's already starting to get really cool, i'v just met with the market guy and i now have to get rid of a woman who apparantly stole his stand and is now selling weapons to Onar.

What's up with the fella from the demo that is sitting on that bench,{same guy who had an altercation with Val}in the demo he's a hunter and you go on a trip with him to the woods to kill some creatures..he's taken out?

One more thing, besides running right in, and using that pass..was there a other way to enter the town entrance?

Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:45 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The hunter was still in the game when I played it. He's just not sitting there all day long.
There are other ways to enter the town, but not in the beginning.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:53 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well i've made some felonies , i've beaten up Val, i've stolen some things from houses etc..i went to Andre, he mentioned all my crimes, i said i didn't have enough gold...so is it actually that you can keep saying you don't have enough gold ,and getting away with every crime you commit? or will eventually Andre decide something else? cause i was wondering about this, cause if he keeps saysing.."then see to it to get enough gold asap" then i can always get away with crimes..however..i don't believe this.

Post Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:49 am
GothicDrak
Village Leader
Village Leader

you have to pay customs to the city guards at the gate, otherwise they wont let you pass.
Post Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:39 am
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well i've been really misbehaving in town..but Andre keeps saying i should get the gold together asap....no further actions gonna be taken?
would be really cool if Andre would get fed up with me and either throw me in prison or something else.....i dunno

Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:01 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can cast an Oblivion spell (i.e. Forget spell) on Valentino once he recovers. He'll forget what you've done to him.

There are many ways to get into the city in the beginning: a) Do quest for Lobart; b) Pass from Canthar; c) Pay customs.

I don't think you can advance the plot unless you get all the fines cleared.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:15 am
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Quest for lobard? but that just gives you the new clothes, you mean the turnip picking and then helping his wife and the other farmer there?

Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:15 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

When you get your new clothes from Lobart you can go to the town gates and tell the guards that you are a farmer and you came to repair your tolls. Then they will let you pass.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:48 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

You can also get into the town by sea. And when you talk to Lares you get some nice exp.
Post Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:33 pm