Animations?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Animations?

What are the animations for gothic 1? Like sitting on the ground. Standing differently? "Play Ani"? is that the command?
Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:21 am
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

I dont quiet understand what you aer talking about. But if thats what I think than my answer is "no" . Its not a command.
Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:52 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I mean: If i write "play ani (animation)" in console the character will sit down on the ground. Etc
Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:43 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@hello mazu,

Yes you have figured it correctly, marvin will play all anim's but some are hard to do, yet with some practice, it can be done, depending on what you have in mind - loops - singles or continuous?
All of the main models have sub-sets 's' and 't' types and all are playable, provided you stick to the character group, humans - orcs - babes - and all monsters, however you can only apply an 'overlay' which is associated to that species. Anims can be run while in possession of a character also some can be applied to a focus character. So, once you become any character or monster first, then all of the anims for that group can be run in marvin.
If you have an idea you want to try, let me know and i'll give it a run-through (step-by-step)
Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:24 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I just thought that it would be nice to SIT at a campfire at night.
Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:44 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

o.k mazu,

To sit with one arm resting on your knee, like the diggers at the campfire do, is almost impossible, even when possessing a digger, the nearest you can get pc-hero to do is - in marvin (bmarvinb)
then F2 then enter- pl a (play ani) t_stand_2_sit this makes pc-hero sit on the ground but leaning back on both arms, if you want to smoke - play ani t_smoke_s0_2_s1 (the 0' is numerical) - if you want to try various others (there are many) by pressing G you will see the list of running ani's on the bottom left, some ani's that you enter will not play for varoius reasons, but some ani's will play by trickery, by entering another ani while the current ani is running, you will have to freeze (F6) then un-freeze. Let me know if you get stuck or want more info.
Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:18 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

@ Wulf
it is quite easy to sit whit one arm rested on the knee ..
all you have to do is "apply overlaymds humans_tired" and then "play ani t_stand_2_sit"

lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:30 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Uocjat,

Yep, thats the one, and there's a lot more, (didn't want to get too complicated)
i stopped playing with all them a while back, i used to start a looped ani' then insert another character, then start a looped ani' on that one, then jump to another and so on till i had 30 or 40 npc's all doing different movements and tasks together, hey it looked good, at one time i got the men (ore barons) to dance with the women, like they were having a ball.
Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:18 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

yer thats one of the many many great things about gothic .. even if you get tried of playing the story line theres always a ton of other stuff you can play around whit
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:23 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Just what i wanted! Thanks!
Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:34 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

BTW how to change the walking style or shape of body?

- EDIT - Oh i noticed that the overlaymds changes the walking style but do you guys know any other walking styles?
Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:38 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

O.k mazu,

Next you have to apply one of the different overlays, here are some:- all of these can be applied to humans (men) these are styles and not shape changes, - that is a lot more complicated.

humans_1hst1.mds
humans_1hst2.mds
humans_2hst1.mds
humans_2hst2.mds
humans_acrobatic.mds
humans_arrogance.mds
humans_bowt1.mds
humans_bowt2.mds
humans_cbowt1.mds
humans_cbowt2.mds
humans_drunken.mds
humans_flee.mds
humans_mage.mds
humans_militia.mds
humans_relaxed.mds
humans_skeleton.mds
humans_skeleton_fly.mds
humans_sprint.mds
humans_swim.mds
humans_tired.mds
humans_torch.mds

These will keep you busy
Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:08 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I really thank you for your time Wulf. You seem kind of busy.
Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:17 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

No problem mazu, we're all gothic fanatics helping each other. by the way, i would suggest you download the "Goman" tool by Pyrox, this will help you to break-down the vdfs volumes and give you access to all the files and info you seek.
Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:10 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I've read that its german and is it too complicated for a beginner beginner like me?
Post Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:23 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next