Playing Mercenary and ask me questions on one fight
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Playing Mercenary and ask me questions on one fight

At my replay I choosed a 2H mercenary after to have play a fighter mage.

Chapter 1 run quite smoothly, mercenary forced me to rise my sword/staff fighting technic and now I choosed go in NOTR area instead of doing the chapter 2. Now I face fire demons anf got surprised how tougher it is in comparison of a mage with only one wolf summon as I played it with my first char.

In fact using constant (and boring) right left hits I succeed with the mercenary to get the first one. But failed to the second. Well I'll go to something else like to kicking asses to some brigants or go in the mines.

But those fire demons are quite difficult to fight. I can't succeed read what they'll do and they do devasting damages despite I have life 380 (for level 16) and sword protection of 78 (when I played the mage I quoted that it was the best to have despite it's a fire demon.

Any comments or suggestions about this fight?
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:31 am
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Ok I tried again agaisnt the second demon the left/right thing but instead of doing it stupidely or just as fast I can, I tried read a bit better what the demon will do and what to do against it, and that worked much better not to mention it was much more fun.

Not a fight I can win 100% of the tries, and from far, but not a random luck as it was for the first demon.

Against both demons I used the more powerfull water mage staff instead on the 2H magic sword I build myself because it has a much higher range. The third demon is another story but even with my fighter mage it wasn't a piece of cake so no surprise here.
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:10 am
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Fire Demons attack with... fire! So sword protection is useless. I remember having problems with them too. Maybe if you fire off a scroll before starting the fight, it would be easier. Helped me. Or you could go around and level a bit more, but I don't think that will be a huge advantage (I think I was ~19 when I finished the add-on, so you already killed most of the things there). Hope that helps you.
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:35 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Thanks, in fact I got the third fire demon quite easily with the mercenary, perhaps I got the right trick agaisnt them and by using left/right 2H. But yes one spell for this sort of rare fight would have been a good choice.

About fire protection or sword protection, are you sure? With a mercenary I can't rise that much fire protection, still in chapter 2. With the fire mage tests I did I could get much higher fire protection or same sword protection than a mercenary. I tested both with the fire mage and believed that the result was the sword protection protect much more agaisnt those beast.

I could be wrong, ha well for now it's past with the mercenary, I beat them with zero fire protection.
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:38 pm