Usergroups
What YOU would like to see in Gothic 2.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
mmSlayer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

1 - Women NPCs that are allowed to be talked to.
2 - Animal NPCs that can be knocked unconscious. Then they would be docile and could provide transportation and even fight for your character. Image charging into the Old Camp astride a ShadowBeast.
3 - More kill moves and make them appropriate to the weapon. The stab and twist is great with a sword, but looks kinda funny when your weapon is an ax. Maybe a beheading for ax??
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:08 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Don't care about the women NPC's, personally.

Riding animals would be a little silly IMO. :/

But I would like to see the ability to kill people with blunt weapons. Hell, the bloodfly sting weapon has several spikes on it, yet you can't kill someone with it...

More story options with multiple paths, that way the game isn't the same each time. Same engine, unless they can create a smoother one, I don't want some jucied up version of this already processor taxing engine for the sequel.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:14 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I would like to see proficiency of skills effected by their use. (The more you do something, the better you get..sword, picklocking, etc.)

I would like to see a Paladin class (Fighter-mage)

I would like a larger world (More Camps-more options available - more camps to join)

I would like to see NPCs react to you accordingly to your position (Currently just a few will acknowledge your advancement. In the Old Camp, currently you can't extract protection money from the diggers, although that's one of the benefits)

I would like an option to sleep (Heal) in the field (It wouldn't be as beneficial as sleeping in a bed, and animals could attack you; but at least some sort of healing could be provided by it)

An Automap system!!!!!!!!(enough said)

[ This Message was edited by: Max Killen on 2002-01-17 14:28 ]
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:26 pm
Jaegermeister2k
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Smarter enemies,more enemies,more armor and weapons.A much bigger world.A much more complex plot,the ability to use 2 swords at a time,or a sword and a shield.No colonies,a free world.Hire people to be in your party,or just have people fight with you.More sidequests.The ability to catch tame enimals and train them to fight for you.There's more,but those are the things i'd love to see in Gothic 2.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:31 pm
mmSlayer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If not animals, some sort of faster transport between camps.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:32 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I would like to see - say...hmm...maybe 435 hours of playing time
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:34 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

1) If you gonna add the NPC chicks again, dont make them a bunch of prudes with all that "Oh dont talk to me even though I've got a thong stuck up my arse and all but my nipples showing out of this leather strapped outfit". Thats a waste of resources for a ridable beast or new armor or something. I'd just as soon not be bothered repositioning my avatar for 15-20 minutes at a time trying to find the right angle to look at her cleavage and whatnot (yea, like YOU havent) and be doing something more interactive

2)LARGER WORLD. BETTER FORMS OF TRANSPORTATION. Actual size of Gothic cant be more than 10 square city block, needs much more terrain. And we DO need Rideable animals. Instead of hunting skills (USELESS) the hunters should offer animal taming skill so you can train a lizard/lurker/shadowbeaast to be ridden. Or offer stables in the new outposts that have horses you can buy. Or magical portals or ferries...SOMETHIN.
Example: You find a stable boy or farmer, he can traing you to tame small animals to act as companions (scavenger, molerats, bloodflies, maybe wolfs).
Then later on into the game you find a ranger who could teach you to tame/ride larger animals providing you can do some really hard quest (Riding a shadowbeast should be no easy task)

3)Multiple Endings. Man the way 1st chapter starts out, I thought I'd be playing this game for the next 4-5 months trying to solve all the possible different endings.

I could mention a thousand more things but you know what? If they released Gothic 2 and it was the same size, same camps, and none of the options, I'd STILL buy it, just to see what the next chapter looks like!

Oh yea: w00t!!! look at me Avatar, Im a Baron (or something)

[ This Message was edited by: Shrapnel on 2002-01-17 14:53 ]
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:51 pm
Jaegermeister2k
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:

On 2002-01-17 14:51, Shrapnel wrote:
3)Multiple Endings. Man the way 1st chapter starts out, I thought I'd be playing this game for the next 4-5 months trying to solve all the possible different endings.

[ This Message was edited by: Shrapnel on 2002-01-17 14:53 ]

Multiple endings?The only thing in rpg's that bothers me is that i'm playing it to beat the game.I would like to play a game without any real purpose,or at least to be able to continue playing after i beat the final boss.I never beat ff8,and yet i had over 200 gameplay hours.And that's what i wanna see in other games.That the game itself is so addictive that you can play a long time without having the though of beating the game in your head.

Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 9:10 pm
Punisher_77
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

• I liked the hunting skils keep them
  • More moves in the fights, maybe different styles of fighting.
  • Faster modes of transportation (Boats, wagons, riding animals, flying carpet, dragon or whatever)
  • The possibility to recruit a party
  • Animal companions
  • The ability to finish unfinished quest after the main quest (Not broken quests)

if i should list more i'd have to think and i don't wan't to...

Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 9:29 pm

quote:

On 2002-01-17 15:10, Jaegermeister2k wrote:
Multiple endings?The only thing in rpg's that bothers me is that i'm playing it to beat the game.I would like to play a game without any real purpose,or at least to be able to continue playing after i beat the final boss.I never beat ff8,and yet i had over 200 gameplay hours.And that's what i wanna see in other games.That the game itself is so addictive that you can play a long time without having the though of beating the game in your head.

Fallout 2 allows one to continue playing even after finishing the game. Supposedly Morrowind will be quite freeform, allowing one to just play without having to worry about any ultimate goal.

-Melee
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 9:32 pm

Jaegermeister2k
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I have fallout 2,but the graphics are outdated,and i never understood the battlesystem.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 9:40 pm

larger world (more camps also more special, more enemies, more texture variety,...)

better control system especially for the inventory (a simple window with a cursor implemented and everything useable with a single click - like in baldurs gate) and for swimming

a more important role of the cartographer in the game (maps must be rare and cost really a lot and maybe organised in their own menu....and whatabout treasure maps and secret dungeons?) and a tame ability

better npcs AI and more chicks all around the world

dragons (maybe a dragon rider's guild camp....yeeeesss I want thizzz oneeeee)

reputation influence among people improved to its maaax (i want powaaaaaaaaaa)

more sidequests and rare objects

better terrain models (improve water pleaaase......use particleees!!!)

more skills

am I pretending too much?

Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 9:44 pm

Mr Wonderstuff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Just more of the same for me. Quite quite happy with the lot.

Oh a small thing....Id like the ability to create a small fire and sit down (maybe a tent).
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:27 pm

No, we do not want to recruit a party. This is Gothic not Baldurs Gate! It's cool to have 1 or 2 npc's go on a quest with you once in a while but one of the things that makes Gothic special is that you're all alone.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:28 pm

bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmmm...

-Horses for faster transportation
-more fightings with humans
-won't happen, but new graphics engine is always more than welcome
-a first person view for using weapons I.E. using the bow like in zelda64 , being able to aim anywhere...
-better moves, more skills

etc...
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:30 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next