Mage Test of Fire Quest Questions??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
DrumAce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Mage Test of Fire Quest Questions??

Ok this is my second run threw of this game I have played once threw as a Paladin. The test of Fire..I know where to find the Rune I need way up on top of the map in a cave with lights I believe. What I am Having trouble with is the Golem Im supposed to fight. Where is He?? Any help on the Entire test of fire would be great.

Oh and one more question off the subject. In both games when I kill the thieves in the cave near the city in the chest I find a "Herring" it has no sale value at all. Is it part of a quest that I havent gotten yet?? What does it do if anything??
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:18 pm
Singularity
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

1) The Rune is where you suspect; over the bridge, past the Black Troll; far north - walk through the bushes into the hidden cave (what is hidden behind the path) You'll need to kill the other novice when you come out again.

2) Use your new found Rune to create a Fire Arrow Rune in the Library.

3) The Majic Troll is above Sagittas cave - on top of the hill before you cross the bridge with the highwayman - take the path parallel to the Monestry path (with the small camp and the dude that'll train you with crossbow skills). To kill him, you'll need the Hammer from the Monestry basement (use a Sleep spell on the guard but make sure you put the Hammer back afterwards)

As for the Herring - I'd say it's the key to some sort of secret - you don't need any help as a Mage - as soon as you have Rain Fire and/or Holy Missile the game gets all too easy - I finished the game with 145 unused learning points at level 39 because no-one had the knowledge to teach me anymore. Pretty dissapointing end to what I thought was going to be an excellent challenge...A real shame.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:12 pm
Gothrinian1602
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

guys u dont need a rune to go into the secret library. When you go and get Xardas' book below the monastry there at the end of the room there is a bookcase and next to it there are two lamps on each side. Go and pull the one on the right. and the secret passage to the library. Just kill a few skeleton and there you are at the library..... found that myself cool ha......

George
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:42 am
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

Gothrinian, what the hell is wrong with you?? This thread wasn't about the secret library. You just spoiled it for me
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:32 pm
Henne
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Gothrinian1602
guys u dont need a rune to go into the secret library. When you go and get Xardas' book below the monastry there at the end of the room there is a bookcase and next to it there are two lamps on each side. Go and pull the one on the right. and the secret passage to the library. Just kill a few skeleton and there you are at the library..... found that myself cool ha......

George

Gothrinian, I suggest that you first read the question instead of just answering.
and no, not cool ..
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:54 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

lol i enter it everytime
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:13 pm
DrumAce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for all the help Singularity. I passed the test
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:27 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gothrinian, as I can see from the number of posts you have, you're rather new in here.

First out, this was a question of how to become a Fire Magician, it is in the first chapter of the game, the secret library is much later.

If you come with information that you feel might spoil something for people who read this thread, other than short answers to the questions asked, please write "SPOILER ALERT" or something similar, so that others reading the thread can avoid being spoiled.

SPOILER ALERT:

Going down to the secret library as you mentioned, is not a "neat trick" you found, it is something you HAVE to do to complete the game.

So, please read the questions asked in the future, and if I have not said this already to you: Welcome!
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:07 pm
Gothrinian1602
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hey buddy you dont have to put Spoiler Alert because this is Gothic 2 Spoilers.....ok if u want short answers go to Gothic 2 General...lol

Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:28 am
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yes, but if I click on a thread about the test of fire, which is in chapter 1, then I don't expect some guy to spoil chapter 5 for me. This thread was made for a challenge in chapter 1, and since I've played chapter 1 I thought it would be safe to read this. Just because you are in the spoiler forum, it doesn't mean you can spoil everything, for everybody, for fun

*Sighs heavily*

Just admit you've made a mistake
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:20 am
Gothrinian1602
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

ok sorry then i admit i made a mistake......lol
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:03 pm