Usergroups
Gothic 2 addon release date!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

It's amazing to me that game developers don't realize how well a port of say, Duke Nukem 3D to a current generation engine would sell.

Enter the Matrix sold well because it's the Matrix. It was a disapointment. I'm glad I rented first.

Isn't Valentine's Day 14 Feb?
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:18 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah indeed ppl buy those games that everybody knows. like Fifas , Might and magics and all those but for newcommers they dont know much about them and they dont buy them also if they dont know about it its lame
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:21 pm
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I downloaded the Bink Player and I can view now all the movies except the end.It seems that the extro.bik file is corrupted...it shows that the Sleeper is being sucked into the portal but then it quits.Can someone send me that movie?I am on my knees here pleeeeeeeaseeeee....preeeetyyyyyy pleeeeeaseee .My e-mail adress is horvathelod@msn.com .
Thanks VERY much!
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:50 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

bigboy, that's a spoiler, you should mark it. IIRC there is a little after that.
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:41 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Besides, you posted it in the wrong forum.
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:43 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Sw this on GameSpy Daily. I am worried that Atari may never release add-on due to no money.

Atari's Dire Warning - Prophet
Atari warned on Tuesday that its quarterly financial results for December would be well below expectations and that it had delayed Driv3r (which we reported late last night) until June. Atari said it now expects to break even, excluding a one-time dividend, on revenue of $460 million to $470 million. The company's earlier forecast offered earnings per share of 36 cents to 46 cents, before the dividend, on revenue of $560 million to $590 million. Needless to say (but I'm saying it anyway) this puts a different spin on things for those folks with an investment in the company. [back to headlines]
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:58 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Atari sucks!!
Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:58 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well financial problems are allways with publishers its too big publisher it should get well again after some months
Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:52 pm
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well i really hope that their financial problems will not affect the Gothic 2 addon realese date.
Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:04 pm
Uriziel2002
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've run and managed businesses all my life.....so I ask the obvious question: How can you make a profit delaying your product, alienating your customers, not RESPONDING to customer inquiries, or not even offering a broad explaintion to frequent questions. That model would'nt work in ANY business, must less a quickly evolving and competitive one like the gaming industry.

PB, you have, IMHO, the best game series on the market, but you are going to bed with the WRONG partners.
Post Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:11 am
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel2002

PB, you have, IMHO, the best game series on the market, but you are going to bed with the WRONG partners.

Well, I'd say they didn't know how things would be handled at the end. Plus, keep in mind that the way the US distributor of Gothic (Xicat iirc) handled was even worse. I can see how you're eager to go for a new company after the US market performance of the first title, especially if you have the chance to team up with a big (financially more potent) publisher. I don't blame them as the outlook certainly was more positive.
Post Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:26 am
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

The US release of Gothic 2 was certainly bungled, and not only by JoWood and Atari either.

I mean, there is still no English demo, for christ's sake.
Post Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:17 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

why they need to deverlope an english demo version of 2 part ? the game is actually out for a long long time now allready there is no point for releasing a demo for it anymore and for addon no one releases demos
Post Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:09 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

That's not entirely true, Daedalus. For one that has played Gothic, Gothic 2 is a simple must have. For Newbies however a demo could pull them over the line to buy it. Otherwise they only depend on revieuws and as you might have seen on gamespy, the reviewer ain't always the right man in the right place.

About the addon. I'm thinking of buying the German product and learning the language. After all it's still the third language of my country.(And I can even not speak the same as the Pfaff. was a keeper of Bayer Munich)
NFG member
Post Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:02 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

They most certainly should have released a proper English demo. Sure everyone on this board already knew that you could play the German demo with English subtitles. But we are the "hardcore fan" minority that they know will buy the game no matter what.

If Atari truly cared about bringing new customers into the world of Gothic 2, they would have demanded that PB provide a proper English demo.

There are lots of gamers that base their buying decisions off of demos. Even if we evangelize how great Gothic 2 is ... many will want to try it before making a decision. Do you think they are going to go through the hoops of getting the English subtitles to work as well? Make it easy for them by providing an English demo that works right off the bat.
Post Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:45 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next