View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Console RPGs General

Author Thread
Knarnak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

anyone hearda these?

Kings feild for ps1 and ps2....

techmo secret of the stars for snes........

anyone?

thanks all!
-porter

"You are not crazy if you talk to yourself. You are only crazy if you talk back..." -?

"Your mouth is full...full of disease. And yet, I still want to pull your teeth." -Knarnak
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:09 am
Knarnak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

cant beleive no ones responded ta this.....

hope someone does soon or i may loose my mind.....

bahhhhhh!!!!

very good games! whats up people?

no one nostolgic er what?

reply please?!?!

-porter

"You are not crazy if you talk to yourself. You are only crazy if you talk back..." -?

"Your mouth is full...full of disease. And yet, I still want to pull your teeth." -Knarnak
Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:04 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Re: anyone hearda these?

quote:
Originally posted by Knarnak
Kings feild for ps1 and ps2....

I think King's Field was a 1st person RPG. It was not that great, but it was the 1st RPG you could get for PS2. I've never heard of "Secret of the Stars". I think they are making a new King's Field for Xbox 360 or PS3. I don't remember where I heard that.

Have you heard of these SNES RPGs?

7th Saga (You could pick one of 7 adventureres and the story would change based on your choice)
Evo (You would evolve your creature. Their is a new game called Spore that sounds kinda like this one. Besides Evo gameplay, I hear it will have Diablo, Sim-City, Age of Empires)
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:33 pm
Knarnak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

ah finally! thanks man fer the reply...i loved KF, specailly the first one fer ps1...lotsa good music n items n such...

ive heard of evo before n watched a few buddies play it but havent really got a chance to play it myself...

i think my favorite rpg on snes was either Wizardry V: Heart of the Mealstrom, Secret of the Stars, or Drakhen...

have you heard of Drakhen?...it was descent but a bit cheesy at times...

let me know if you hear of any new releases of KF, i would love to buy and play them...

once again thanks man for your kind reply...

thanks!
-porter

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:52 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Knarnak
ah finally! thanks man fer the reply...i loved KF, specailly the first one fer ps1...lotsa good music n items n such...

have you heard of Drakhen?...it was descent but a bit cheesy at times...

Yes, I loved Drakhen on SNES. It was my first 3D RPG.

You are right, King's Field was for PSX. Not sure if they made a PS2 version.

From Software, who coded King's Field, is developing Enchant Arm for Xbox 360. I don't know if they are still doing King's Field games.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:24 am
Knarnak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

dude drakhen kicked ass!

yeah they made a versoin of KF for ps2....i own it and its way better than the two on ps1....

i recomend it....

anything else you enjoy on the old systems?

-porter

Post Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:43 am
Davo
City Guard
City Guard

I played part of "Secret of the Stars." It was a horrible game with sub-par graphics and terrible writing.

I never played the King's Field games. There was a spin-off called Shadow Tower, if you're interested (for the PSOne).

One of my favorites on the SNES was EVO, a side-scrolling evolution game in which you fought with a little lizard that you could evolve into progressively larger beasts.

My favorite SNES oldie is a tie between Actraiser (the first one) and Soul Blazer.

Have you played the PS2 Wizardry? It's an outstanding and highly underrated game. Still available at EBgames, Gamestop and Ebay from time to time.
Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:56 am
Knarnak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

hey, yo, i have indeed played the wonderful game of Wizardry for ps2....i beleive it is intitled Wizardry:Tales of the Forgotten Land....ITS AWSOME!

i am interested in this game you speak of for ps1....thas like KF....let me know where i can purchase it....

im sorry you didnt like Secret of the Stars....Act Raiser was a very good game indead....ever play dungeon keeper for pc? its descent....

thanks

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:59 am
Davo
City Guard
City Guard

There are five copies of Shadow Tower available on eBay right now. Looks like you can get a brand new unopened copy for about $13.

I have Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2, but haven't played them yet. I have a LARGE number of games that I just haven't had the time to play.

No need to apologize about Secret of the Stars. It just wasn't my kind of game.
Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:20 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Davo

One of my favorites on the SNES was EVO, a side-scrolling evolution game in which you fought with a little lizard that you could evolve into progressively larger beasts.

I love that game. You should keep your eye on Spore for PC(and I think X360). It was influenced partly by EVO.
quote:
My favorite SNES oldie is a tie between Actraiser (the first one) and Soul Blazer.

Act Raizer hella rocked! That game had such killer music! I did not like how the sequel axed the strategy/town-building aspects of the original.
quote:
Have you played the PS2 Wizardry? It's an outstanding and highly underrated game. Still available at EBgames, Gamestop and Ebay from time to time.

Yes, that game is sweet. It's a sleeper! Very old-school!
Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:35 pm
Knarnak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

ever played dragon warrior 1 or 2 for nes?

its pre good

Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:57 am