Tyrinnie went red
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

Tyrinnie went red

I was getting the diamond and went to the Umpani Base camp to buy some spell books but the tyriniee there was hostile so I left so as to not take on the Umpani. I killed burz a while back but in the other games It had no effect. By visiting Trynton will that tryiniee turn green? Never had that happen before.Finally tryiniee are not listed at all on my alliance list, stilll early in the game. Maybe things will improve but having hostile Tryiniee forces a rethink if not fixable.
Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:40 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've seen this same bug described before but I have never seen what the cause is.

Maybe just reloading.
Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:01 pm
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

I reloaded, repatched and still a mad tyrinnie. Hopefully it's only this one. I'll wait for some advice before proceeding, my character has alot of time invested and I can reload where I killed burz and not kill him or reinstall and try using the latest save game at the Umpani Base camp or quit and restart everything, a final option. thanks
Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:32 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

1) Check your faction rating (pretty sure Sparkel is considered Umpani)
2) Did you sound the alarm by Kumar?
3) If its only sparkle and not the rest of the rhinos...kill her and move on, she is teh suq anyway
Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:31 pm
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

There is no tyrinee faction rating yet. I'd kill sparkle but can't get her alone. The Umpani go red with her. No alarm was sounded and the Umpani are green without sparkle.I'm baffled.I'll reinstall and keep the savegame, maybe. Are the rest of the Tyrinee red? What's the way out?
Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:28 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

hmm there was a thread about this same issue...
Im doing my second run through and I met Sparkle again (green)
1st I met her I'd already kill the Ratkin Breeders (the reason she joined the Umpani) this time I havent and she's still cool

1st time I hit the alarm with her in my party and she helped me kill Kumar, even went with me right up until I took his secret portal (hope I didnt just say too much) Weird thing is 1st time I hit the alarm, I didnt know what it did (and I didnt get a faction hit) 2nd time I did the same thing, walked into his place and hit it (got the hit this time). Then again, 1st time through I didnt do any of the missions yet. 2nd time he was expecting me with my commissary credit.

I dont know bud, on the upside, screw her, shes a weak ranger and your rep is still in tact with all the factions, worst case: Make her chase you somewhere secluded and wring her Trynnie neck
Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:08 pm
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

I got her alone with Kunar and killed her. Then I ran away and the Umpani went yellow then green. Seems OK, thanks.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:35 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

just for kicks I reloaded that save again, this time I did enough quests for umpani so that we were friendly, then if you hit the alarm you go back to nuetral, then do a few more quests and you're back to friendly
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:42 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Shrapnel
1st time I hit the alarm with her in my party and she helped me kill Kumar, even went with me right up until I took his secret portal (hope I didnt just say too much)
The secret portal takes you into Marten's Bluff, where generally Sparkle won't go. That's why you lost her at that point.

On a side note, 1st time through I did Trynton, then went to Mt. Gigas, picked up Sparkle, and then walked to Marten's Bluff for the first time with her in my party. She went in with me! (Although she complained the whole time.) Once I left MB, she would never come in with me again. Bug ro something else, I'm not 100% sure... never heard about this happening to anyone else.
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:04 am
otter
One of Us

If she was unconscious, that would explain getting her in there. That's a popular method for getting an RPC to go anywhere. Load'er up with rocks and run till she passes out...she'll go anywhere!
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:58 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

Trynton red

I went to trynton and the whole bunch is red. Now I've only gone thru 6 games and am far from an expert but what happened? I killed burz every other game and no problem. Is there any way to neutralize the tryiny? They list as hostile when I go to the tree , can I finish the game with hostile tryine? It bugs me, I could bypass them but I want the COC. Any Ideas? Thanks
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:03 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

dang, word spreds fast about you I guess
I've never killed Burz so I dont know about this, does he drop anything worth while?

And is it the Don who drops the CoC?
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:23 am
otter
One of Us

You can kill all the Trynnies and get Co'C--they don't have it. Rekill Fuzfas until you get the Mystery Potion, (i dunno if he always drops it) and you can also still meet Das; his alignment is independent. (cool drops: Dread Spear off Trynnie Champions; Diamond Eyes off Das)
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:25 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

quote:
Originally posted by otter
You can kill all the Trynnies and get Co'C--they don't have it. Rekill Fuzfas until you get the Mystery Potion, (i dunno if he always drops it) and you can also still meet Das; his alignment is independent. (cool drops: Dread Spear off Trynnie Champions; Diamond Eyes off Das)

Das is the 6th bough Shaman?

Wait, I got DE and CoC last game but because I didnt have staff or macers I didnt take notice of who dropped what, Im looking for DE this go around.

What do people armor those faieries with?
In Antores armor or the doll armor from the playroom or what?
alsmost doesnt seem worth making a CoC char just to get the weap
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:33 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

OK, thanks. I have a solo Fairy so the drops except COC and mystery potion are not too useful in this game. Can I get the incense? Having mad tryiny changes the game strategy.Is this a bug or random effect of doing in burz and Sparkle?
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:34 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next