Usergroups
Horses in game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

KaiRo is also the one who takes care of most of the fanmail, and he's is about the only one that talks to other people while making a game. In other words he has got the largest amount of time to speak to press, attent conventions etc.
He also makes and updates the websites of the gothic games.
Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:50 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

quote:
Originally posted by Ratavuk
You don't know who Kairo aka Kai Rosenkranz is
He's the funny man in the gaga video with the funny t-shirt and responsible for the great music in all gothics.

The one using the PC ?

@Sem: We know about that mate, i mean in the video
Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:35 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Ooh, he the most relaxed one, the one who isn't on drugs.
Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:38 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Just check out the artigle at WOG(English one, just posted on RPGdot main news). There's a picture of him there with the title "KaiRo" and something under it.
Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:29 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

Just read Gothic3.net article too:

Some short new information about the game:
-There will be no mounts because of too many difficulties with the controls.
-You will need about 200 hours to go through the game.
-The capital will still be under control of the humans.

I think they tested it for some time, but also tried to listen to the wishes of the fans -> Better make none then a halfwit mount.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:43 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I knew about the capitol, but 200 hours? HAH! That's 3 weeks of playing, no game in the world takes that long to complete(well okay, perhaps Might & Magic 6, but that game is horribly long). At least not for us, who have played G1 and 2 so often, that must be an estimate made for beginners or players without the RPGdot-hardcore-ness, hehe.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:37 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

KaiRo really seemed to imply that the interaction density would remain on the same level while the world will be 4 times as big as in the 3 older Gothics combined minus redundancies.

I donīt believe it, and Iīm not even sure I want it. 100 hours is more than enough.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:09 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm, I actually agree, a game can become tiresome if it's too long. Gothic 2 was appropriate length, Gothic 1 is bit short these days, but probably because I've done it too many times by now. I'm hoping G3 will be about as long(or a bit longer) than G2. Otherwise it might just turn out to be too much running around and not enough stuff happening.

Planescape: Torment is an example of a game that is short, yet still excellent as every part of the game feels fun, unlike some long games where you go through periods of complete boredom.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:06 pm
LordHagen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

200 hours ? didn't they say gothic1 would have 100 hours....lies! Well my guess is you'll be able to finish G3 in 60 hours if you don't lose time and just do principal quests. But I'm sure that if you want to leave the real world and find a cosy place in G3 you'll be able to do that. Men they'll be so much quests, npc's, things to do, 6jobs, 6guilds with the abilitie to work for several guilds, and moreover the world is 4 times bigger than G2complet (with addon), and many thinks it may soon become 5 times!!

I don't think it has been said but according to articles etc the armors will be spit into parts (but I hope you won't be able to mix to much..you know what I mean). I'm not sure of this part though, could a german-speaking confirm?
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:46 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by LordHagen
200 hours ? didn't they say gothic1 would have 100 hours....lies! Well my guess is you'll be able to finish G3 in 60 hours if you don't lose time and just do principal quests.

It's not 200 hours to get throught the game, it's 200 hours gameplay. That's a big difference.
For NotR they said 30 hours extra gameplay time, when you just do the necessary things to proceed, you only need 3 or something. It took me more than 60 hours to get through, just to explore every little spot of the new map.

It's an indication. The one who wants to discover everything and do every sidequest will probably be playing a lot longer than 200 hours, while a rusher only needs 75 or something like that.
G2 with NotR even took me more than 100 hours, so with a world 4 times bigger it will probably take forever before I've played it through once. And there are 3 different endings, 6 different groups, 6 professions. Man this is the last game I'll ever buy. It's gonna last forever!
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:01 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I just want to say that the armor sets are way better than pieces because example: Morrowind, you usually looked like a clown because you want the best armor. Yay! Me found one blue shoulderpad! Ooh! A pink one! Then you will look like krusty the clown.

Dont change Gothic too much, please.
Post Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:33 pm
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
quote:
Originally posted by LordHagen
200 hours ? didn't they say gothic1 would have 100 hours....lies! Well my guess is you'll be able to finish G3 in 60 hours if you don't lose time and just do principal quests.

It's not 200 hours to get throught the game, it's 200 hours gameplay. That's a big difference.
For NotR they said 30 hours extra gameplay time, when you just do the necessary things to proceed, you only need 3 or something. It took me more than 60 hours to get through, just to explore every little spot of the new map.

It's an indication. The one who wants to discover everything and do every sidequest will probably be playing a lot longer than 200 hours, while a rusher only needs 75 or something like that.
G2 with NotR even took me more than 100 hours, so with a world 4 times bigger it will probably take forever before I've played it through once. And there are 3 different endings, 6 different groups, 6 professions. Man this is the last game I'll ever buy. It's gonna last forever!

Oh, all right. I was about to start complaining that I beat Gothic in 9 hours when they promised for 100. lol. Well, I think it took me around 40-50 hours to do everything in Gothic 1. heh

Gothic III sounds so awesome. Can't wait.

Also, I agree about all that stuff on Dueling weapons and armor.
I would like armor to be in parts, and weapons to be equal. (Game that has good balance with weapons is SW JK:JA.)
So 200 of gameplay. Sounds quiet interesting. I guess it will be faster if you do all the side quests at the end, when you become very powerful. Also I hope they fixed how powerful you are. Hate how in Gothic 1 I could kill anyone in 1 hit. If it wasn't the final templars fanatics guys.
Post Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:26 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

I totally agree. In Gothic 1 in the end it becomes just tooo easy..
Post Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:01 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

In gothic 1, I used bows,crossbows,swords and two-handed swords and I had 100 dexterity and strength. I also had loads of intelligence.

That makes the game ultra-easy.

In Gothic 2 and NOTR its harder to get skills to 100. I always liked the beginning when you were weak and had some armor like: farmer armor or digger armor.
Post Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:32 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I wonder what the Ranged Weapons are gonna be like i didnt like them in Gothic they felt wierd using them / shooting them and werent fun to use, not like a arrow shooting out but a invisible swirl. I liked having the bow on my back for style.

With gothics new wasd + mouse click combat i wonder if its free roam with the controls where you're not locked on and you can hit you're weapon in any direction you point the mouse and you also aim the ranged weapons / magic with you're mouse and have a grosshair and can aim cause it would be fun as hell to use the bow and arrow with a grosshair would be nice when you hit enemies with arrows they stay in the body and you can see the arrow threw the body and with some blood also one shot in the head from the arrow and there dead , that would be fun picking a nice spot on a hill or tower and shooting orcs in the face with arrows or flame arrows i think that would be fun.

Good Example of ranged weapon with a bow is Enclave for PC those were good controls and it was fun shooting it not crappy like gothic.

Would be nice if they added it in like that and also Fire Arrows , Regular Arrows , Poison Arrows and Maybe Silver Arrows

Post Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:09 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next