Usergroups
baldures gate 3
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

they should make a bg3, you should start out as a god and strike terror into the hearts of the pathetic mortals throught the realms, but thats my opinion, i just hope black thinks about it.

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 6:21 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

God and strike terror...
Pathetic mortals...
Black things...

grrrrrrrr

I am alway able play only games that gives you possibility to play as good and fights against evil.
Games in which you should strike terror into hearts of pathetic mortals and do other black things is something I will not even try and I hope, it will be such "commercial" crash that...
Yes I still hope (and look into my topic "why do you play PC games in CRPG forum" that people play games also because they want to be good heroes and want to defeat evil.
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:38 am
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

In my opinion you have the most fun in computer D&D games, when your party is at low levels (lvl 1-12), above that it is really hard to balance the game.
So i would like a new game in the baldurs gate universe, but with a new party of greenhorns and no gods.

Hx
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:59 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, begining is always funniest.
Characters are developing quickly, you make decissions which abilities encrease etc. Later you always wait long time for next level and also you mostly have to follow your previous decissions about profile of your character.
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:08 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:

On 2002-03-09 00:21, darkmage wrote:
they should make a bg3, you should start out as a god and strike terror into the hearts of the pathetic mortals throught the realms, but thats my opinion, i just hope black thinks about it.

They released that game already, it's called Black & White.

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 7:01 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I've played D&D for... well... too long. I find level 8 to 12 the funnest levels. You're tough enough to beat the things that gave you problems earlier, but there's still plenty that will make you run screaming.

However... I DO like the high level game. Especially in 3rd edition because it's so EASY to run a high level game. Orcs not enough for your party? Fine... put them against six Orc Ranger/Shadowdancer of near equal level to the party and see what happens.

In 3rd ed... you have to treat every monster cautiously. If you're fourth level and run into a lone goblin... it COULD have 4 hit points and die as soon as the archer shoots it... OR... it COULD be a level 6 Barbarian ready to put a hurt on your party.

Even at really high levels... REALLY high... like 20. A great wyrm red dragon will be a significant threat... it has hundreds of hit points, can do over a hundred damage in a round easy AND it's a level 18 sorcerer to boot... so it might just cast time stop on your party then breath a few times from new and creative angles.

Or it could be a Red dragon who was an adventurer when he was younger, as soon as he got polymorph. A thousand years later he's a great wyrm red dragon who just happens to have 12 levels of fighter, a few levels of cleric AND, of course, the innate high level sorcerer powers.

Suddenly the all powerful PC party is dead, as they can't cope with a cr 42 great wyrm red dragon with 800 hit points, +60 to attack, and a Collosal Greatsword.

*ahem*

In any case, third ed does a great job of balancing characters of all levels, in my opinion. For the super power gaming hack and slasher, there's something there. For the dedicated roleplayer, there's something there. For those in between, there's a LOT there.

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 7:08 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Val beat me to my next point. Yes, it's called Black and White... or Populous if you want to go back a bit.

AD&D games aren't meant to 'start as god, rain suffering'. Just not the way it works.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 7:10 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Besides... you're saying that as a level 30 somethign whatever you were, you don't think you're tough enough to strike fear into the hearts of mortals throughout the Realms? Why do you need to be a god? You're already more powerful than their avatars!

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 7:12 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

quote:

On 2002-03-09 00:21, darkmage wrote:
you should start out as a god and strike terror into the hearts of the pathetic mortals

You didn't read recent news did you?

Post Sun Mar 10, 2002 6:53 pm
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

what recent news? and black and white, is that the game where you start out as a god and you have to pick out a pet(i have that game) or is this another game with the same title?

Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:02 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Yes... that's the game. Play evil through Black and White and you'll get to dish out heapings of death and fear.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 5:45 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I take it your speaking from experience here, Xen?

Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 6:14 am
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

yeagh i guess but still i dont know, when i beat tob the ending was to short, of course i choose to be the god i dont know i just thought it was dumb, i fought so hard and beat all three games just to be ball (my ultimate goal, POWER) and when it finally happens i cant play as him, ohwell, guess i have to wait for gothic 2.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:35 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Um... you FINISHED the series. You set out to be the new Lord of Murder, and you did it. The goal in BG2 was to become the lord of murder (or find a way to get rid of your cursed blood)... and you did. Gods are omnipotent. There's not much point in playing one (besides, if you did, Cyric would hand your ass to you on a platter).

Actually, I didn't play Black and White... I tried it and couldn't stand the interface. But I know you can rain death and destruction upon your feeble minions.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:24 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I played Black and White and you can really do what you want with your people.
However if you will do only bad to them, they will day and you will be god of noone.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:50 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next