View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Rhea
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by John373
I don't think it would surprise certain members here as to my barbaric method of getting what I need. It's true what someone mention earlier -- just kill the Crock and go upstairs to get back your teammate (of which I did, because I never liked him anyway. Hey, it was either him or some animal I've never even met!). As for the Shaman...I just wasted him when I couldn't answer his question Then there it was. Though I've never completed the game, I've probably yet to see the consequences of this action. (What was interesting, though, that I first did it when Sparkle was with me. She responded with "You're mean!" and ran out of the room. Later I met up with her again in the Umpani Base and she was all sweet again as if the incident never happen). And already I've made an enemy of the T'rang, and T'Ant (who's still alive by the way) won't receive the T'rang/Umpani alliance letter -- not that I blame him.

There are no consequences, except you lose a nice big chunk of XP, and killing Crock doesn't get you that many. I wait till after I've killed Brekkek and gotten the XP from him, then he's history. No mercy for kidnappers!
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 4:31 pm
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hey, Rhea...what do you mean by "double post" ???

Okay, I guess I am seen two separate messages here. One for all to see and one specifically aimed at me...WOW, that's interesting! Anyway. Yes, I didn't want to reward a kidnapper. Not that I've ever worked for the CIA, but I had a damn good feeling it was the Crock holding my teammate hostage. I just wasn't in the mood to kiss his rear extremity at the time...
Post Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:38 am
Rhea
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Double post just means I accidentally posted the same message twice, so I deleted the content of one of them to save server space.
Spoiler follows
S
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e

As for Crock, I think you get something like 125,00 XP for killing Brekkek and only a small amount for killing Crock. So I say use the SOB, kill the monster, get the good XP and then waste him! That way you get both sets of XP. And after all, don't you deserve all the XP you can get for pain and suffering?
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:17 pm
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yes, you're right about the XP issue. It didn't occur to me that I could've picked up points for killing that monster. When I think about it, it's quite often in this game that other beings hire you to take out someone they can't take out themself. I guess I just got tired of being someone's hit-man. Maybe a few more rescue missions would've spiced it up.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:37 am
Chromium
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You know, with a game so messed up you could simply mess it up for good. It's too bad you got in trouble with the T'rang already, else I'd suggest blowing up BOTH the T'rang and Umpani ships (plus the Dark Savant's if still possible...) and massacre both bases, thoroughly. Next clean out the mook headquarters (don't cheat em, just whip em.) And have you found Marten yet? I've discovered you can simply cream him since he won't talk to you automatically. Not only do you get everything he's supposed to give you, the exp points earned aren't too bad either, considering he's the highest level creature I've encountered so far. (Be careful though, he's a bit tough...) And don't consider becoming friendly with the rapax...kill as many as you can, and wipe out the camp too, along with the King and Prince. If you feel up to it, you might even try wiping out the Higardi and maybe the Trynnie near the end of the game. Maybe they set a special ending for becoming hostile with every possible faction in the game...
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:40 am
otter
One of Us

Shopping at Ferro's is a lot easier if you're a Templar, for at least that long...
Your ending choices remain the same no matter who's alive and friendly.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:23 pm
Rhea
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Just to add to the lunacy, I talked to somebody on another board who was able to use Hypnotic Lure to get Crock to move away. He said he cast it toward the ceiling near the door to the outside, and it worked like a charm (although it took a little experimenting to place the lure properly).

So now I'm thinking that THIS game I'll try luring him away, robbing him blind, coming back later to do the Brekkek quest and then killing him after. Seems a lot like having your cake and eating it too.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:11 pm
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hey, Chromium, I know what you mean. (Bunch of ungrateful...especially YOU, Madres!!!! I just killed a couple huge rats, lost a few party members, and you're STILL charging me for information???....AAGGGHHHH ) I do, in fact, wish something unique happened if I went on a rampage, not just near the end of the game where it didn't matter anymore (and I did at one time just to see what happen...nothing special, except now that everyone wants a piece of me). But do you remember Daggerfall? If you dispensed indiscriminatory justice, including against the police in every town, you got an invitation letter from the Thievies Guide...which led to continuous, somewhat interesting, missions -- that is, if the game didn't crash on you. (And sorry if there are any good officers out there reading this, but hey...I grew up in Los Angeles. I'm sure you can understand my reasons now).

As for Marten, I actually finished the game -- in Novice, of course. Like the Shaman, I was weary of his questions and when I did fight him, and got what I needed...well, I was stuck with insanity. (Anybody wanna run a poll on who has the best laugh? But it does sound best when you get them all laughing at once
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:04 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2