Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 2 WARNING: dont use a NO-CD-Crack!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
GothicDrak
Village Leader
Village Leader

Gothic 2 WARNING: dont use a NO-CD-Crack!

because of the copy-protection, you cant get into the minevale (no loading screen) just when the story gets exciting! so support good games and buy the original!
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:19 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Interesting... G2 English hasn't even been released yet. So, how can there be a crack or some sort? Are you talking about G1?
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:09 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

He is talking about the German Gothic II version.
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:17 pm
Brolli999999
City Guard
City Guard

lame , gothic 2 english will work fine i can tell ya that
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:50 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Brolli999999
lame , gothic 2 english will work fine i can tell ya that

What´s lame about a working copy protection? In times were you can sell used games for good money on Ebay there´s no excuse for pirating a game.
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:10 pm
Brolli999999
City Guard
City Guard

no i mean the pirated version of gothic 2 will work just fine , they cant stop it
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:29 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

but the copy protection so far appears to be paying off, i think it would be a good move by jowood to release it now
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:58 pm
Arexen
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

In my opinion, buying the game with your own money is more satisfying then downloading it.
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:16 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
but the copy protection so far appears to be paying off, i think it would be a good move by jowood to release it now

Agreed. Who cares if the copy protection kills my neighbour's cat and gets my neighbour's house on fire? They should just release the damn game now so that we gamers can happily buy the game from the store shelves. Or at least, they should just tell us when they'll release the game so we'll have all our emotions, calenders, $$, and whatever prepared.
Post Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:35 am
Kabduhl
City Guard
City Guard

well sometimes that cd checking crap makes it so legit people can't play games ... i just bought dues ex the game of the year edition cause i lost my old copy of the game and i wanted to play it again a few times before any new games come out that are worth playing and if it wasn't for the no cd crack i wouldn't be able to play the game (i paid for the game twice already and i almost got f'd cause of cd checking) ...

---> i would double click the icon to play with the cd in the drive and it would just repeatedly ask for the cd even though it was already in the drive ... this kind of thing happens all the time with cd checking protection, some drives just get hosed

---> all the hackers have to do is make a hack that addresses each function call for the cd (it'll just take them longer cause they will have to hex edit through alot more code, find the points in the game where it calls the cd checking and hack them) -- if someone can write a program, someone can crack it it just depends on how determined the cracker is to delve through hordes of boring ass code ...
Post Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:32 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

That's no problem. I've intended to buy the game anyway.
BTW, does it work without CD just as my Gothic I did?

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:17 pm
GothicDrak
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Toaster
That's no problem. I've intended to buy the game anyway.
BTW, does it work without CD just as my Gothic I did?

i need to put disc 3 (playdisc) into the drive, otherwise i get an error
Post Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:58 pm
superdarkdude
Village Leader
Village Leader

i hate stoopid copy protection

I purchase the games I really like, fer instance, Morrowind, NWN, Arx Fatalis, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and many others. I ALWAYS go to gamecopyworld WHILE the game is installing to d/l the latest no-cd crack. I often have up to 7 or 8 games on my 'puter at once, and I'll be D*MN*D if I'm gonna put up with disc switching non-sense in this day and age!!!! I'm an old-skool game player, and I remember playing King's Quest II, you had to swap discs every two scenes or so, and that was annoying, but necessary in THAT day and age. Now, there is no excuse: game developers must know by now, their software WILL be cracked, pirated, and distributed, and their is frankly NOTHING they can do about it. Why aggravate the honest consumers with disc swaps, when the clowns that d/l the warez version will never have to deal with copy protection??? That is retarded. Find a better way. I remember the old wheels, you had to spin it to match up words/pictures then enter in the word to play; THOSE methods make more sense than a cd check. BTW, I quit playing Divine Divinity, because I kept forgetting to get the disc from my study, and haven't found a no-cd crack that works yet, which is a shame, because I really enjoyed it. I found a program called clone-cd, that basically puts an image of the cd on your hard drive, and I may eventually dig up my Div Div discs and clone the one I need to play, but WHY should I have to WASTE 750 mb of HD space to play this game without the irritation of putting in a CD every time I play it????? *pant pant*
Post Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:49 pm
dutch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: i hate stoopid copy protection

yeah, how do you put a little picture under your name.(this doesn't have anything to do with gothic, just a simple question)
Post Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:26 pm
RastaBlasta420
Village Leader
Village Leader

Re: i hate stoopid copy protection

quote:
Originally posted by dutch
yeah, how do you put a little picture under your name.(this doesn't have anything to do with gothic, just a simple question)

Just find profile at the top-left hand of your browser, click on it, then find the pictures at the bottom of that.
Post Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:10 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next