Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Which features would you like to see in Gothic 3?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

What would you rather see in gothic 3
Better controls/interface
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Better graphics
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
More customization (make your own armor and weapons ect)
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
More means of transportation (horses camels boats ect)
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
More guild/jobs
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
More items and npcs
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Big cities
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Small cities
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
more cities
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Interactive siege Engines
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
To find out the heros name and history (thought i would add this for fun)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 39

Author Thread
Zocky
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

What I would like to see in Gothic, would be more importanat role of Women. Maybe insert some nice (sexy) woman, that would play important role in the game. Maybe some secret female fighter/warrior/knight, that would help you with some side quest or something.
Don't know, just have a filling it would be more "realistic" and interesting to see more important role of them.
Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:08 pm
Rubix³
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I clicked this thread so I could put the same as you. Women.

(hear me out a sec..) Now I know this sounds a little ridiculous, but imagine if the hero actually got a woman to fall in love with him. It could be arranged over a few day/night cycles, and can be dependant on text and speech options - like so much of the game already is. You could either get her to hate you, or get her to completely give herself to you as a side quest.

In addition to that, imagine if you could do this, and have ANOTHER woman across the map. As long as you swing by every few days and talk to them appropriately, you can keep them loyal to you.

Then maybe, if both of those missions are "positive" and you get both to feel for you, have them meet and fight it out or something.

One of the main points being the coolness Gothic has by providing places you can "swing by" when you're running around during the day or night.
Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:27 pm
Erezike
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How About

Making a swing while jumping, swimming.
Beind able to climb. duck, climm a rope hook, or making a stake climb.

I would like to see a more logical inventory, maybe have a big leather bag which you could toss all your equipment in,

I would like to see strength and dex effect your module appreance(not a must) as they improve.
But i would really like to see strength and dex effect the characters movement, the stronger you are, the more you can carry and the less it effects your movement. the more dexteretous you are the faster you move. in that way, you could run faster through the later stages of the game. and really feel like a super hero, you are.
I would like to jump further and higher the stronger i get. swing the sword faster the more dex i get.
I would like to see more interactive range weapons use. like a FPS, but your abilities affect your chances of hitting the place you shot at. making sensetive spots such as head and uncovered parts of the bodies bareable to the incoming arrows.
same for the sword. i would like to see all the bio of the armors and weapons from the player handbook come to reality. but i would understand if that only happens in gothic 4.

I would really like if they had someone else do the voice of the evil nec Xaradas and the dragons because that guy act hit the rock bottem.

*children*\
*Bunnies*

iand afcourse Women, lots of them. blones brunnetes . redish with interactive releationship.
I really look forward to Gothic 3 it will be great, with these babies it will be ausome.

Make the main hero voiceact more crispy. so he could be THE SHIT.

he is a super hero after all.
Brucecambell always does the trick, but i am sure they are many other far cheaper actors who could do a better job. no offence.
GREAT GAME!

Ps if you are wounded LIMP>
And throw away the key.
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:23 am
Valdr Galga
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Maybe this is little offtopic... but I was wondering how would it be if there were more races

But it would be nice if there were more cities, camps, farms,... and more guilds, more weapons, more armors, more spells.

But I really just hope that english v. will be relesed soon after release of german v.

OFFTOPIC: Anyone knows why don't they make a game in english (witohout german v.) ?!
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:05 am
Borntoeat
Village Leader
Village Leader

pirahna bytes are german..
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:04 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

quote:
Originally posted by Borntoeat
pirahna bytes are german..

So what.The german players know english for sure.I think PBs has made an agreement with JoWood about the german and english version.
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:11 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I agree about the women part but only about the stuff zocky said and for the follwing: I would like to see strength and dex effect your module appreance(not a must) as they improve.
But i would really like to see strength and dex effect the characters movement, the stronger you are, the more you can carry and the less it effects your movement. the more dexteretous you are the faster you move. in that way, you could run faster through the later stages of the game. and really feel like a super hero, you are.
I would like to jump further and higher the stronger i get.
I completely disagree it is far fetched and the weight part, I always hated that at rpg who have that. and Xardas voice is one of the best voice actings in the game
What I would like to see in G3? an appearance for the hero of one of the gods and maybe a devine race or just an other race involved in all of the orc war except orcs and humans
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:25 pm
Zocky
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Rubix³
I clicked this thread so I could put the same as you. Women.

(hear me out a sec..) Now I know this sounds a little ridiculous, but imagine if the hero actually got a woman to fall in love with him. It could be arranged over a few day/night cycles, and can be dependant on text and speech options - like so much of the game already is. You could either get her to hate you, or get her to completely give herself to you as a side quest.

In addition to that, imagine if you could do this, and have ANOTHER woman across the map. As long as you swing by every few days and talk to them appropriately, you can keep them loyal to you.

Then maybe, if both of those missions are "positive" and you get both to feel for you, have them meet and fight it out or something.

One of the main points being the coolness Gothic has by providing places you can "swing by" when you're running around during the day or night.

Well, I do like your idea, because it would add more realistic filling to the games. But I think it would be interesting to see woman that is similar to you on some way, maybe secret warrior, that would be some kind of the mistery (this would also add more mistery filling to the game) and there is not much known about it. Then you somehow get acoss with her, and she could help you with some quests, maybe even involving into some battle against orcs or other enemy. Then you could get involved into some kind of romance or something. It sounds odd for this type for game, but I think if done properly, it could damn good. Or something like that. I'm sure PB has a lot of imagination and would too that damn good.

Just my thinking. Gothic is one of rare games where story is one of the most important aspects of the games, so why not implementing something like that?
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:04 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I think it would be awsome if you could get up high enough in Robar's regard for him to allow you to build a castle and you could pick different walls and turrets and stuff cuse that would be awsome and then the orcs would come and siege it and as a quest you would have to break the siege and that kinda stuff beacuse it would add a lot more feel to the game (not to mention the fact that I like building castles )
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:17 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

uh building castles? wrong genre of game
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:20 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

No no no no i didnt mean like an rts i ment just as text dialog almost like the morrowind version of castle building such as

Make 1 gate per wall
Make 2 gates per wall

Put 2 turets on first wall and 1 on second
Put 1 turret on first wall and 2 on second

I mean picking from dialog options like that not like actualy building a castle from a egals view and there would be quests that you would have to do like clear the stone quarry of orcs or defend the builders from wolfs wile they make the castle ect that is what i ment.
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:07 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Also i would definitly like to see horses in there
Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:17 am
Zocky
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I was just wandering....will G3 new engine support any of new things, like specular mapping and reflection mapping (on characters), bumb mapping, normal mapping, parallax mapping,....?
Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:07 am
milijan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i would like to see more races and more weapons and if you could quite the giled that you joind and go to join other one because u didn't like it
Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:55 am
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Well The way they made the quest system wouldent allow you to quit your guild beacuse many guild specific quests that are essential to the chapter your in would be needed to complete so it is a bit hard to do that but not impossible.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:17 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next