Newbie to Arx Few questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
mgeorge
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Newbie to Arx Few questions

Hi all. I have just gotten this game (after eyeing it for quite some time now) installed, and have a few questions about it that I can’t seem to find answers to in the manual.

How do I sell stuff and what should I sell? I mean I found the girl Maria in the city and she sells things, but I just can’t figure out what to do. I have an emerald and a gem, but not sure how to sell them and even if I should.

Also I need my sword and leggins fixed and the blacksmith says to leave them there and he will fix them, so I put them on the anvil and about half of my cash was gone, but they weren’t fixed. Do I have to go back later or something?

One last thing is that the sound in the game is screwed up and I do get random crashes. I have installed the 1.17 patch but still having problems. I might go for an hr. without a crash or ten min and my monitor turns itself off and I have to do a hard reboot. Very strange. As far as the sound goes, sometimes I can’t hear any spoken words at all. It seems to happen if I facing the wrong direction or something and having this problem in cut scenes as well. I’m using a cheap surround sound system hooked up to my comp and have installed the driver on the disk to enable the EAX. I tried turning off the EAX in the game and changing it on my sound config in the comp and it’s better but still doesn’t seem quite right.

Sorry for the long post, but I think I’m going to really like the game if I can sort out these problems. I would greatly appreciate any help.
Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:01 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Hi, hate to do a fast response but am pressed for time here, but this should help.

1, sell stuff or buy, just drag it from your inventory or the store to yours. Instant done deal if you have the cash.

2. Sell the gem, but the gem dealer gives a better price.

3. Fixing stuff, you F key the item and then make sure the icon is on the smithy and then click. He will fix it and take the cash.

4. Go to game options and lower the settings. Also make sure you have latest drivers for your system as well. Also reinstall the patch, sometimes it gets messed up. Do you have a long list of save slots for the game? If not you need to reinstall the game, you got bugged. Happened to me and I got a lot of crashes because of that. Disable EAX, that messes up every time. Also try lowering your video stuff one notch. That makes for a crash when it can't keep up with the sounds. Hope this helps, if not, post again.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:02 am