Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Eve Online: The Second Genesis (PC, MMORPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread

Hi i play eve and im here to say it is not an easy fast and furious game.Im the ceo of a corporation and u have to work to gether to get into deep space to mine the rare ore's.CCP made it hard becaause everyone was getting a battleship to soon.So if everyone has a battleship then the game will become boring after awhile and u quit.It's up to u to learn how to get the rare ore.I get it by ninja mining and when pirates warp in i run my ass off and come c back in a hualer later to get my good and make soem nice ass loads of cash.It might be boring to some of u taht have to patience and have a short attention spand so u get bored real fast.i dont mine for hours. the most ive ever mined was maybe 2 hours and its worth it anyway.So dont be dissin this game =P coz it kicks ss and it will b 200 x's better when the expansion comes out check out the stuff it will have.

http://www.eve-online.com/features/shiva/

oh and btw if anyone is looking to join Black Mesa Inc. convo captin rospond in game =P
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:43 am

Ake_Gamer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Let's face it, once you learn the game interface and how to be successful, MMOGs are only as engaging as the community. EVE has a great one. If only more fantasy only MMOG players gave the space genre a shot, I think they would come to the realization I have. I've been playing fantasy MMOGs since summer 1998 and EVE is refreshing. Not monotonous, fun, engaging and skills are increased in real time, like Neo DLing combat in "The Matrix". What you do during your active play time is PvP, Mine(Industrial), gain faction by running missions(combat or courier), work with your Corporation to fulfill it's goals, tackle faction based efforts revolving around politics and interact with the community.

In some respects I feel like I've wasted time on some fantasy MMOGs of late like SB and L2 in particular.

EVE is a step above the rest.
Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:07 pm

Boooooooring

I played Eve for the free mont.. never played such a monotonous game
There is nothing to DO!!
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:10 pm

domhr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i would certenly like to play EVE.

anyone of you knows about the big comunity of FREELANCER online gaming....it kicks ass, but mainly cos its free, big and very action oriented...the people must make the RPG rules there by themselves and so far it works relly well (check this sforum: www.moo-fl.com )

but after a couple of years in FL, i am searching for something more...i tried the EVEs 30 day free period, but somehow it didnt work on my computer....something to do with the graphics (RADEON 9200 should be enough i thought)...anyway, would it be worth getting this game...and even more, paying for it??

also does anyone know, do this games get cheaper with time (i mean cehaper monthly fees) ???
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:25 am
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

@domhr

It is worth getting. Let's put it this way.
Before I started playing eve-online I was opposed to paying a monthly fee to play any game. I didn't feel like anything could be worth that. But my views has changed after I tried eve. I've been playing for about 4½-5 months now and I'll happily continue to pay for the game.
The game itself is HUGE. There's just an insane amount of things to do, and it takes a while before you realise just how big it is. It will also take a while before you find out how to do things the right way, but after the first 1-2 weeks you'll know all the basics of the game, which is not to say that the game is so hard it's frustrating, but you just won't know it all after a few weeks, because there's just so much to do and so many ways to do it.
I could write lots more, but it would be easier to check out a few reviews of the game.

Oh and by the way, the monthly fees does become cheaper the longer you pay, so it's cheaper to buy 1x3 months than it is to buy 3x1 months and so on.
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:21 am
domhr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well i maneged to get ahold of a 14 day trial....and yes..you are right...the game is awsome, so much things to do and so litlle time to do it (12 days left) but at this instance, i am thinking of paying for the thing

just there are some negatitivties: everything takes alot of time....and a BUY-TRANSPORT-SELL kind of traiding is shitty but i guess whats 2- for 1000+....like the radio for instance
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:07 am