Cheat Guide ?s
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Galamoth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Cheat Guide ?s

In the Gothic cheat guide FAQ and item inserts, certain console imputs have underscores in them (e.g. ItMw_2H_Staff_03) however, you can't put underscores in the console, and the name of that item won't be automatically typed in. So is ther a way to put in underscores? Oh, and BTW, I tried this i insertCode for a list of NPC's like the FAQ promised, and that doesn't seem to work either.
Post Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:32 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

"Gothic uses German keyboard layout: y and z are exchanged, the underscore '_' is on the '?' key, for '=' press 'shift' and '0'."

And yes, the NPCs should work.
Post Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:52 pm
Galamoth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
"Gothic uses German keyboard layout: y and z are exchanged, the underscore '_' is on the '?' key, for '=' press 'shift' and '0'."

And yes, the NPCs should work.

Thanks a bunch! Someone should really explain this in the FAQ.
Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:36 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

This was a quote from the FAQ.
Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:42 am
Galamoth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hmm, yeah. I also forgot one thing: how do you do that one thing, the i insertCode thing that brings up a list of the possible NPC's? Forgive me if FAQ said this and I didn't see it.
Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:53 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

It's a way some people pronounce things,

It means, press i and the word insert appears, then, you type in the character id or whatever, or an item, or an instruction or an anim, or a sound,
or a theme, or a jingle, or a cutscene, or an overlay, or a save, or:_

well, there is quite a list to master, i jot them all down for reference, there's too many to remember.
Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:21 am
Galamoth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

*SOMETHING NEW* I stumbled across something that the NPC/monster insert codes don't have! it's the udshaman_rockefeller. All you gotta do is open the console, press i and then ud and enter, and an undead orc shaman with every orc weapon, potion, and plant/food in the game. He's also easier to kill than the PC_Rockefeller. I'm QUITE sure that this isn't listed in the codes list, but if it is, stupid = me. :/
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:32 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

There are many interesting things like this in Gothic,

Don't forget that marvin has powerful links directly to the game engine, it is the user/game/engine interface. So, yes there are many uncharted codes all in there to be found. Also it can control/request commands as well, you could for instance adjust your video setings direct in the game, or sound settings etc'
If you are much interested in these things, i think it's a good idea writing down many setting that you find for future reference
And one further point, Gothic and G2 have the same engine, and while they are mostly similar, there are some slight but significant differences.
Be sure to obtain a list of all menu commands before you begin your journey into the "underworld"

P.S. Be aware that also some commands can seriously mess-up your games
and re-installation is required.
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:05 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

i ud seems to be new.
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:58 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Not quite,

It is uncommon, not charted on this site, i have used it and others, notice how all species have a "rockerfeller" or "testmodel" its exactly that, for ingame testing (as we know) - Also see how easy it is to get sidetracked, see how Galamoth says "an undead orc shamen" but you see it isn't, its from the zombie-priest guild, also typing undeadorcshamen does give you that,
using this logic, see haw many more you can find.
Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:29 am