Who Trains Upper Level Enchant?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Who Trains Upper Level Enchant?

Cuz I'm really tired of reloading and reloading and reloading.......it takes me at least five minute to get the item just right, and then it fails anyway...have spent several hours on this just in the last two days. At level 64, I get one successful item for every 20 tries.

BOOOOOORRRRRIIIINGGGG.

I'm pretty sure there must be someone around, otherwise where did all those other enchanters come from? And I've found people who can train me up to 100 in other skills. And if I can't find a trainer, my skill will never go up high enough to go up, if you know what I mean. If I can't enchant, I can't improve - a nasty little cycle if I ever saw one.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 2:47 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Well, no-one answered yet, but I did learn something about enchanting....you can't do it if you're fatigued. Had a little nap and lo and behold, seven out of the next ten low-level enchants worked. So I am off to buy lots of cheap trinkets and will use up my supply of scamp souls making useless baubles in an effort to boost my enchant skills some more. Still haven't been able to replicate my earlier luck with enchanting a Deadric weapon - must have been a fluke.

I did manage to make a bound longsword for 157 seconds, which will be darned usefull when encountering cliff racers and other easy to kill monsters while wandering around, instead of using up the charges on my "good" weapons.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:52 am
Rob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

ok hagatha, i see you asking ALOT of questions that are answered by a plugin i found, its at

http://home.austin.rr.com/shakti/morrowind/Shakti%20Mods/shakti_book_of_secrets.zip

it has a read me so if you have never installed a plugin it tells all, anyway this puts a custom book in the balmora bookstore , in the book it lists all the fast travel routes, secret skill masters, monster soul levels, people not to murder because they'll give the doomed world message and more. anyway, its the only plugin i use so far and its great. i highly reccomend it.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:01 am
bedwine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Qorwyn. He is at the exit of Indoranyon Stonghold. He attacked me when I approached. I don't know what the deal is. I discarded my weapon and knocked him out with my fists and took his stuff. I may go back later to try to use a charm spell on him or something.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:28 pm
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

Some master trainers you need to be members of a certain faction with ranks sufficiant standing to use.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:48 pm
kamenjar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I don't think you will need to train your enchant skill in order to succeed. I have enchant at 60 and I was able to enchant (i think) 120 enchant points ring with constant:
Regen Fatigue 5 pts
Night Eye (about 60 i think)

With this ring and Risist Magicka to counter the blinding efffect, i FLY with blinging boots of speed

I used my home-made fortify inteligence potions (about 15 of them) to boost my int to 1300 (not 130) and I succeeded with no fuss.

I think that the skill might have something to do with how much enchantment points does it cost to create an effect. Eg. I would be maybe able to get NightEye 100 instead of 60 to fill up to 120
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 5:49 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Judging by people's posts, this is a little known fact: using enchanted items adds to your enchant skill. Kindda like jumping normal jumps vs jumping off of high places. One increments little, the other a lot. Using enchanted items increments little and actually enchanting does a lot. So, if you wanna train your enchant skill, just load up on any sort of non-too-harmful trinkets and just use them until drained. Then rest until they recharge and repeat.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:58 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Oops. Looks like I killed that trainer. Oh well, next time. I'm actually not doing too badly with making low level charms and the like, as well as some weapons that are pretty useful, so I've managed (very slowly) to get my skill up to 70, which isn't too bad. And some of the items I've made have actually been useful, too. No luck with constant effect amulets, though, so I'm saving my best amulets and soul gems for later.

I haven't tried any of the plug-ins yet - I wanted to get through the game once without. I have a feeling I'll be playing this game for years to come, so I'm saving some things for later.

Of course, in this game I'm aiming to empty ALL ruins, shrines and bandit hideouts, although there are some that don't appear on any map.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:13 am