RPGDot Feature: GC 2004: A Hands-on Preview of The Fall
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

RPGDot Feature: GC 2004: A Hands-on Preview of The Fall

Myrthos had the opportunity to play Silver Style's post-apoc RPG 'The Fall - Last Days of Gaia' at the Games Convention in Leipzig. Here's a snip from the resulting preview:<blockquote><em>There is a day and night simulation and with one real-life hour spanning 24 game hours, you should not have to wait too long to see this attractive effect in action. All the NPCs in the game have a life of their own - they go about their daily routines and don’t stand around waiting for someone to ask them a question. This can make it a bit harder at times to find them but it does add to the atmosphere and life of the game.</em></blockquote>Read it all <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=1041">here</a>!
Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:42 pm

I've got high hopes for this game. It's one of the few games I'll be pre-ordering as soon as the english version is announced. And here's hoping the German RPG fans buy enough so we get an add-on & editor pretty quickly too.

Two questions though (if anybody knows):

1.Are the default mouse button functions reversible? Not a big deal but the other way around seems more naturaly to me.

2.Can you toggle on/off the "Important NPCs are marked with a small triangle hovering above their heads" thing? Because that kind of crap really annoys me in games. Or, at least is it pretty small and unobtrusive (not a big distraction)? I didn't notice it in any of the screenshots.
Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:50 pm

"There is no set date for an English release, because a publishing deal has yet to be finalised for the US and UK."

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:27 pm