RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by jo_nik
(In my "advanced" age of 24 ).

LOL....You got a long way to go my boy...

Sylvio
Post Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:02 pm
jo_nik
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
I'm curious to know, if you browse the forums you will surely have noticed many people offering to do voice recordings for free, alot of them do seem serious, what is your opinion on this? think you'll actually hire the fans to do the recordings for gothic 3?

Yeah, and lets hope that you choose people from europe this time round. I
mean no offence to our American friends here but I do find some of the
most intense (American) accents a bit grating on the nerves sometimes
(them being innapropriate I think to the games atmosphere. Add
that to the overall, wider than Gothic 1's, variance of the voice acting
quality...).

That is indeed an area that should be handled with a bit of extra care in
the future, if you dont mind my saying so.

P.S @Ragnar well I'm 25 going to 26 now, hardly in my "first youth"

Last edited by jo_nik on Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:07 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

It would be quite funny (and probably very bad for the atmosphere) if all of the professions had super stereotypical accents Ala Austin Powers.

I could just imagine the Brothel full of Swedish women and GoldMember running the place.

Sex Scene:

Player: "Who's your Fasher!"
Post Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:12 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

oh jesus christ thats terrible, please god no goldmember voice in gothic 3, im begging you kairo
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:25 am
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

Maby it's a stupid/silly question:Why don't the developers put there own voice in the game. I mean if I made a game I would put my own voice (as the hero )...

Gothic II Credits
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:03 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

cos voice acting aint that easy u know some voices just dont fit in the game and to act voices it takes hell of a lot time thats why proffessionals do it who have learned it by talking into the mirror
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:32 pm
wk
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Mopster
a bit more wildlife (non-hostile creaturs), like birds, little rodents, ...

..and you could have the odd butterfly, perhaps near the lilys on the lake.

I liked the leaves falling in the forest and the swaying trees. I even stopped to watch the moon.
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:00 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

non-hostile animals are good. I liked the sheep.....

Gothic II Credits
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:05 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by Shmaugus
oh jesus christ thats terrible, please god no goldmember voice in gothic 3, im begging you kairo

Damn man, it was a joke. Relax
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:06 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

I just read an idea posted by SirDiety in the spilers section, I'd really like the devs to consider it. In Gothic 3 what if we could choose an "evil" route, perhaos helping Xardas and/or the orcs? SirDiety also had the idea of choosing a god to worship first, then joining a guild, so there are 6 possibilities, meaning double the replayability compared to Gothic 2!

a few things i'd also like to see in gothic 3, since we're on the topic:
Mounts (being able to ride horses, camels, asses, etc)
I liked being able to choose a profession in gothic 2, more professions would be nice. such as fishing as someone already mentioned, or how about carving idols of the god you chose to worship?
More farm animals, sheep, goats, cows, chickens, etc
Wondering merchants, would be nice to see a caravan going from town to town
Highway-men, if you put in horse riding you should have some higheymen patrolling the paths (rather than stationary bandits)
I;d love to see the following characters in Gothic 3: Lee, Diego, Milton, Lester, Gorn, Xardas, Ur-Shak, Mud's twin brother, Velaya (G1 babe), Gilbert (think thats his name, guy from the cave in G1), Biff, perhaps Garvell? (would be nice to find out if he ever got of the island! )

OK, thats enough suggestions for now
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:02 am
ballistic
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

if that suggestion above about choosing gods/other factions ever gets implemented in Gothic 3, that would be awesome!!! I kinda guess you have to pick and choose what you can do within budget and schedule, but PLEASE keep more different story paths and more divergent playstyles at the very top of priorities. I'd rather have more freedom how I play the game than latest graphics for example... and great job on both Gothics, thanks for the quality games.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:21 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Please stay on topic, guys! You can ask PB. Repeating what the poster before you already wrote only jams this thread.
And please don´t write novels.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:38 am
Ondar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

More replayability!

Hi folks!

It took me mere 4 days to read this thread (I have to work sometimes ), so I try to keep this one short. I spent last several weeks playing your marvelous game.

Those are my suggestions to improve your game even further:

1) Evil path will be nice

2) Make even larger world - I enjoy walking out in Gothic 2 and pick mushrooms (and kill wolves... )

3) Is it possible to incorporate some "generated" land? Orc devastated land, great forest, icebergs... I don't mind if there is no quest. I like wandering around, picking things, killing thugs, finding nice places...

4) It will be nice to randomize chests/items/several npc/special weapons/objects/ingredients every time new game starts. I will bring huge replayability (with generated land). I don't like to find everything in the same place as before...

5) Please, PLEASE make weapons stackable. I don't want to scroll several screens of rusty swords to get to my runes! It is much better to have for ex. 45 rusrty swords and not 4 rows of them.

6) Is it possible to have some enhancements or enchantments to regular weaponry/armors? Something like if you aply this ingredient to your sword you get poison damage...

7) Did you thought about some multiplayer? I know, it is not easy for an adventure game, but some cooperation mode or something like that?

8 ) When a lot of you are talking about a new graphic engine in Gothic III what about to incorporate some "auto adjust detail" feature? I have slow computer (cel 900/Matrox G400 32M) and it have very different framerates around your world. I can have 200% visibility at open terrain (no fog, daylight, not so many trees), but I'm unable to handle a few skeletons in a dungeon (even at lowest visual/graphic setting I can get less than 2 frames per second). Imagine standing at the clif and looking out and terrain can slowly emerge from a fog, but you suddenly move and attack incoming orc, framerate drops considerably, therefore detail has to drop to allow you to fight (low framerate is your worst enemy!).

9) Make your world more dynamic. Growing herbs, mushrooms, roaming wildlife/enemies, some adjustment for player level - bigger, smarter, mooore of THEM!

10) You can improva a lot in your FMWs. Make either in-engine anims or invest your hard earned money into some better rendering program. If you compare them with for example Warcraft III...

edit: Full Motin Video (sorry Kairo for the W, I meant FMV )

11) It will be VERY nice to have the opportunity to write some notes in maps and your own journal. I've used to write notes on small papers laying around my computer, but there are too many of them (from different games).

I think that I fail to keep it short...

Ondar

Last edited by Ondar on Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:19 am
Ragon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

"Embedded" Water Mages?

Hi Gothic Die-hards, Hi KaiRo!

`just skip the part with the congrats and praises - you know what i think of your game anyway (and the opener to the Gothic-series starts to suit me even finer at the moment! ).

Now, i visited your already great Alpha version of the upcoming website for the Add-On "Night of the Raven" only moments ago and once again noticed the statement that the story of it would be `embedded´ into the original Gothic II.
That bit being sliiiightly unspecific for my taste (yeah, i know...! ), it raised some burning questions to me immediately, about how exactly this works out - which therefore i´d like to ask on this occasion, of course :

1. Does the mentioned info mean that you just play both story lines parallel?

2. Or have both plots been intertwined (at least to some extent), and therefore affect each other?

3. If so, then there must have been tweaked/modified at least some amount of content from the original game - has it?

4. Ok, actually i don´t wanna know that one, so let´s re-formulate, not as a question:
I hope you have brought back some more locations of the old camp, as you had already planned for the full game, but had to drop for time restraints. As indicated, i´m just playing Gothic I now for the first time - and am already painfully missing the new mine and will most probably feel the same with the other places sadly left out in Part Deux.

Well, let´s leave it with this for the moment.

Wanna tell you at the end one positive and one negative:
Great AddOn-page, KaiRo! The nightly hours paid off really nicely!
I was disappointed really big time when i had to find that the "Drachenschneide"(/"Dragon Slayer" in the english version, i think!? To be found in the cave with the shadow warrior skeletons near the sun circle) was no unique and instead could suddenly buy it from the dragon hunter in the castle from Chapter 4 on!
`Such a nice and atmosperic finding place in the New World, it should have been, really!!

Anxiously awaiting August 20 (the prospect german release date for the AddOn ),
Ragon, the Mage

P.S.: Oh, and forgot one - A wish for Gothic: Find yourself a publisher for that one, which will provide you finally with enough backing so that you won´t be required to leave out planned content and features or end up with unfinished balancing like you obviously had to and did in the current second installment from your much enjoyed Gothic world.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:54 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Ragon: Please be careful with what you say, this isnt the spoiler section.

-----------------

In regards to the God idea. I think it would be good, BUT PB should be real careful with that, because one of the things I loved about gothic was you were joining guilds and stuff, but mostly you were never restricting yourself on what you could do. Sure you get penalized in G2 for learning stuff outside of your specialized guild, but you can still do it.

If you chose a god at the beginning like you suggest, I am just worried that once you choose a Good/Bad god you will be stuck in that line of play for the rest of the game. What if you play halfway through and decide that you dont like the way its going? I would like to have the option of changing if I decided I didnt like my god.

That kind of happened to me with Gothic 1. I joined the potheads in the swamp and after a while learned that I didnt like it, so I have to load an earlier game and go join the fire mages instead. Now if I could have just left the group and joined the Fire mages without reloading an old game, then that would have been perfect.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:56 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next