Ordering Gothic 2 Gold from Europe
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Soulman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ordering Gothic 2 Gold from Europe

Just wanted to let people know that I ordered Gothic 2 Gold from www.interactcd.com, they ship to Europe (unlike amazon.com), and it arrived just a week later. I live in Norway, by the way. And no, nobody paid me to write this.

That's all folks... installing now, playing soon.

PS: it comes as 4 install CDs in a cheap cardboard box, don't they have DVDs or DVD cases in the US?
Post Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:27 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Thanks for the info!
Post Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:19 pm
IceC
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks man. Ill look into that site. I wonder if they ship to South Africa. doesnt make sense why only America is getting NOTR now. Probably infogrames still giving shit.
Post Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:10 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Welcome to the forums Soulman!

Thanks for the info, I am from Norway myself. I already have G2 + German Addon, but if the English isn't released here till G3 arrives I will definetly buy G2 Gold in order to get the whole thing in English.

What was the total cost(cost of the game itself + delivery etc) in kroner? I can see that it costs 20$(about 130-140kr), but what about shipping? Thanks in advance.

Post Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:41 pm
Soulman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Shipping is $10 with the box or $7 without, and the cardboard box wasn't really worth the extra $3 in my opinion. So, for me the total cost was $30 which is about 200 kr these days. I haven't checked the credit card bill, but there shouldn't be any taxes as long as the price marked on the box (which does not include shipping) is below 200 kr.

And it looks like they ship to most of the world: http://www.interactcd.com/shipping/
Post Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:28 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Very interesting! 200kr is about what I expected to pay for the expansion on Spaceworld, Platon, Free Record Shop or any similar shop.. hmm.. thanks for the into, I'll see if I can afford it!
Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:28 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Re: Ordering Gothic 2 Gold from Europe

quote:
Originally posted by Soulman
PS: it comes as 4 install CDs in a cheap cardboard box, don't they have DVDs or DVD cases in the US?

That has nothing to do with the US. I have the German Gold edition and it also came as 4 install CDs in a cheap cardboard box.

Maybe G3 will have a shiny DVD and a nice box around it. But the number of CDs doesn't bother me at all.
Post Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:23 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Maybe itīs still on CD because they would have had to modify the installer to install from DVD.

I bet G3 will come on DVD. People without a DVD drive are simply not part of the target audience. At least in the German market.
Post Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:29 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Any comp good enough to even play G3 will(in 90% of the cases at least) have a DVD drive. For G2 it's different however, because on the lowest settings you can play it on a computer below average.

I ordered from the site btw, and it's on its way according to the site(recieved a mail saying it was shipped), so I expect to recieve it within a week. I'll keep you updated. So far the site seems both cheap, and with great customer service.
Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:18 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

My comp also has a DVD, it was almost standard, I believe. I hardly ever use it. A few movies, but that's all. Maybe I can finally use it with G3.
Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:19 pm