Slaves, are they useless?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Kaos503
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Slaves, are they useless?

I've had a slave following me for a while now, I bought one out of curiosity but I don't have a clue what they do

When I talk to her, the only options I get are 'Go free' and 'Persuasion'. What are they for? I have my own house, but I can't order them to do anything!
Post Fri May 17, 2002 7:10 pm
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

They boost your ego, they defend you, and you can easily mod them to caryy stuff.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 8:28 pm
Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

HAHAH. This guy is complaining about slaves not working at his house like its an everyday thing. Anyway ya use them as mules haha!!
Post Fri May 17, 2002 10:35 pm
Kaos503
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I put the the at the end because I was joking

So in other words I prety much wasted 1000 Gold on one, oh well

Guess I got a free dress an bracer...even though my guy is a man...and the bracer reduces magicka...
Post Fri May 17, 2002 11:08 pm
Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

It was funny nothing wrong with it. I would love having servants going around collecting herbs for me and stuff like that. Would be fun hehe.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 11:27 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

Heh, like 1000gp is a huge loss, righty?

However, I myself do not accept slavery so I did not take slaves when I had the chance, I did my best to make that slaver to pay..
Post Sat May 18, 2002 12:02 am
SlitherSly
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I too enjoy making slavers pay, especially in the Dren Villa where their slave driven plantation has made quite a bit of money and allowed them to buy very nice daedric weapons. I've found a nice daedric shield, greaves, katana, long sword, and dai-katana. Nice stuff.
Post Sat May 18, 2002 1:39 am
OldScho0l74
Village Leader
Village Leader

Slavers suck and must die

I hate slavers. I make em pay. HUUUUULK SMAAAAAAAAASH SLAVER!!!
Post Sat May 18, 2002 7:57 am
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Whats wrong with slavers? They at least earn their living without slaying 1 billion living beings. Long Live Slavery!
Post Sat May 18, 2002 8:58 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Seeing as outright butchery is against my Paladin's code of ethics I often simply buy all the slaves and then select 'go free'. Money is unlimited in this game, after all... what's a few thousand GP?

(My mercantile skill as the point where I can go to the armor selling guy in Balorma, bribe him (I prefer to think of it as tipping for my paladin ) until he has a 100 view of you, buy a ... uh... damn... yellow breastplate for 200 and sell it for 300. Repeat as desired until his entire days gold is gone. Or do the same in a place that sells an ebony dart if you want to do it all in one shot.)

Unrealistic? Yes. I mostly use it to put my misc merc skill up for the heck of it. With my personality and skill I get enough off goods I find while adventuring to cause them to go broke each day anyways without doing the cheapo "I'll take that breastplate for 200... I have hear a lovely breastplate for sale... say... 300? Thank you. I'll take that breastplate for 200... um... can I interest you in another breastplate I have for 300? I'm sure they're good sellers... I'd like to buy a breastplate for 200... er... I came across a dozen of them on my last adventure. Look, they're really good and you can sell them to every dark elf guard on the planet...."

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat May 18, 2002 3:47 pm