numpad keyboard mappings
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
eggrock
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

numpad keyboard mappings

Greetings, I'm hoping I can get the numpad mapped out so I can use ALL the keys for Gothic. I'm used to using it as a lefthander but Gothic doesn't like me using some of the keys sometimes.

Specifically, numpad enter, minus and slash (divide) either won't map at all (enter & slash) or don't work after I map them (minus).

Is there anything I can do to get them functional? Right now I'm going to try zeroing out the keys in the ini file, but if there's a patch (doesn't look like it) or hack that would 'fix' this, things would be just groovy.

Good game BTW, even with all the bugs.
Post Tue May 31, 2005 1:44 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The patch is in gallery/gothic/special.

No idea about the mapping thing.
Post Tue May 31, 2005 1:10 pm
eggrock
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks!

Would the patch be the FPS remover, 1.08k? I'm running 1.08j (the CD came with no manual or anything, which I guess is standard.)

I don't have any problems with crashing (much) anymore. I got the audio set just so and that's helped a lot, plus a few changes in the ini file. The bad news is that I'm spending a lot of time fighting the interface, switching weps and so on. I've got a workaround for the keypad and patience for the rest.

I love the look of the game at 300% viewing distance. It's not as detailed as a newer game but very few games give you this kind of eyesight.
Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:05 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Go here and get the 108.k patch for it. Makes a difference. For a manual, all you need is Jeremy's FAQ in the general Gothic form. It has controls, settings, a very complete list of game bugs, and of course the walkthrough and maps among a few thousand other things.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:11 am
eggrock
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Now that's wierd, I must've been in the wrong place. I didn't see the patch when I navigated manually. Thank you!

I already have Jeremy's FAQ and it's outstanding, essential for me to learn the controls (and follow a few tips to get some goodies.)
Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:40 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The FPS patch should be in the same location. Use the search function to find out how to apply it.
Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:24 pm
eggrock
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Is the FPS patch really necessary or beneficial? I don't see any problems with whatever it's running at. Besides, before I upgraded my PC I was running at 10fps in Morrowind, so I guess my eyes aren't so picky.
Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:36 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

If you don't see a problem, the FPS patch is not necessary. Some prefer to have it to max out possiblities for the game, but that is up to you.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:14 am