Admission for the swamp camp
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Admission for the swamp camp

If you want to join to the brotherhood, the best if you search for Baal Parvez in the Old camp. Then he guide you to the sect camp. Then you have to talk to Cor Kalom. Now you have to impress the gurus. Joru can help you, if you give him your daily swampweed. Talk to a guru (i don't remember his name) and he ask you for a new student. Talk to Melvin. (he sits the front of Juro) Then go back to the old camp and ask Dusty. He'll be glad to go to the brotherhood. Whan you bring Dusty to the guru, he'll talk to Cor Kalom. Then ask Lester for help. Ask the way, and when you're there ask him. Then go back to the main gate. The next guru will talk to you. Now go and talk to Ghorim. The go and see Harlok. Then talk to him. After that fight with him, but DON'T kill him! When he wake up, he will go to work. Then Baal Orun will give you a quest. You have to go to the swamp, and collect 100 swampweed to Cor Kalom. Ask the workers, they'll give you the swampweed. But you have to kill the bloodflies first! And beware of the swampsharks! Then give the swampweed to Cor Calom, and then talk to Baal Orun. He give you a sleep spell. Then go to Baal Cadar, and cast a sleep in one of his students. Then you can go and talk to Cor Kalom. He will give you the novices armor.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:18 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

WOW, in one thread you need help and in this one you give advice Nice job, you are learning the game.

BTW, you should learn about hunting with Dusty Search will tell you alot.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:01 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

WOW, in one thread you need help and in this one you give advice Nice job, you are learning the game.

BTW, you should learn about hunting with Dusty Search will tell you alot.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:04 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

hunting with dusty?wont he get killed quickly.
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:21 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

What can dusty teach me? BTW i'm not a beginner, i have already finihed gothic1.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:35 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Milan Kovacs
What can dusty teach me? BTW i'm not a beginner, i have already finihed gothic1.

You are a beginner. I gave you the info you needed. Use the SEARCH feature of the site. You will find out how to use Dusty Hunting with Dusty is a great thing to know in G1.

Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:50 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

hey Milan Kovacs
why dont you write a walkthrough ? maybe if you ask nicely they might even up it up here on the dot
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:02 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hunting with Dusty? Dusty who? And don't call me no beginner, I've completed it 20-30 times or so, and know every rock in the game, yet I never go hunting with no Dusty..

Is Dusty the fellow in the swamp btw? The one that can join you? Had him join me once, but never actually need him for anything.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:10 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Uriziel and Uocjat, I think you could be a bit more polite towards Milan.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:33 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
Hunting with Dusty? Dusty who? And don't call me no beginner, I've completed it 20-30 times or so, and know every rock in the game, yet I never go hunting with no Dusty..

Is Dusty the fellow in the swamp btw? The one that can join you? Had him join me once, but never actually need him for anything.

he was talking to milan not you.And dusty is the one in the odl camp that wants to join the swamp
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:48 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Kamahl
quote:
Originally posted by Maylander

he was talking to milan not you.And dusty is the one in the odl camp that wants to join the swamp

Maylander is joking you

@Milan and Kamahl "Hunting with Dusty" is when you take him to the swamp camp but you don't go straight to the swamp camp. He will follow you and help you kill most creatures and you get the exp. points. He is invulnerable so he can't be hurt. But he will run from really tough creatures like a shadowbeast. You can get alot of exp. killing creatures that would normally kill you.....which helps you levelup faster

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:30 am
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Ok I'll try. But i haven't tried it yet. BTW, originally, you can make helmets somehow, because i read a text abaut it. And i saw the screenshot too. It was like a metal backet. But i maybe better than nothing. and the game can gain a mayer bug when you play. If you kill some important people, you can't play forward. My brother was with the guards, and he killed an orc slave in the old mine, killed Lares, and much more... And he cannot play forward. Whan he went to Saturas, he didn't give him the map, nor the quest. He tried to talk to everybody, but nobody gave him any qeust.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:11 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Uriziel and Uocjat, I think you could be a bit more polite towards Milan.

this time i was trying to Gorath
Milan Kovacs clearly wants to help and what better why to do so then writeing a walkthrough ? if it cant be published here i could publish it on my own page

and @Milan Kovacs
about the metal bucket helm i think that might have been a test mod i made
meaning outside files inplanted into the game to alter it
the game it self doesnt have helmets by default you have to play around whit scripting and 3d programs to get that
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:12 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Almost forgot, welcome to the boards Milan, unless I've said so already.

And yes, I do believe you are correct. Smithing was one of the things that was changed a lot from G1 to G2 as it had far greater potential than what we saw in G1, and I think they did indeed experiment with it already in G1, yet there may not have been time or money enough to implement it in a better way than the make-crude-swords way.

Also, the whole Dustil thing, yeah he will indeed follow you around and do your killing, but I prefer to do most of it with the Baal that you follow to the swamp. He will wait at the trail while you draw creatures to him(he won't run too far ahead of you), and is a far better killer than Dustil.

All in all I applaud you, as you have only just started here and already trying to give what help you can. I support anyone trying to be friendly and help out, so keep it up!
Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:02 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
quote:
Originally posted by Milan Kovacs

You are a beginner. I gave you the info you needed. Use the SEARCH feature of the site. You will find out how to use Dusty Hunting with Dusty is a great thing to know in G1.

I tried hunting with Dusty... I haunted for lizard, bloodfly, scavenger, wolf, molerat and shadowbeast but he didn't teach me anything. He is a digger, who is unuseable. I was getting more experience and it was better alone.
Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:23 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next