Usergroups
patch 1.3
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > X2 / X3

Author Thread
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Where do you download this 1.3patch? www.x2-game.com claims that v1.1 is the latest patch.
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:26 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

http://www.egosoft.com/
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:58 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Thanks.

I downloaded it, but now I seem to have a framerate drop!
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:48 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

You're not alone. Patches... they're whacky.

I'm one of the 'wow, this is running smoother' lucky people, though.

Ah... the glories of remote jumping indeed. I was cruising through a sector I own in my Pegasus when I noticed a Khaak cluster ominously making its way towards two of my precious and expensive tranports. Quickly I issued a jump command and prayed. The Khaak were about to catch the TPs at the south gate of Bad Debt when suddenly there was a flash of purple light and a two kilometer long M2 destroyer appeared.

The Khaak scattered as photon pulse cannons began dispensing some rather discriminate and brutal justice. The transports ran through the gate as the Khaak cluster began evaporating at a rate of one a second. The M3, with 75,000 shields, made the terminal error of being in front of the Tidal Kraken and was hit by a stream of gamma and beta pulses from the front, left, and right turrets. Death was immediate.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:24 pm
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Ok, I've had a chance to use the patch ...and I note a significant improvement in performance. Thumbs up from me. I use an ATI 9800 Pro btw.

@ dteowner . Klingons ...now they would provide an extra threat. The K&K tag team. Sitting in my Nova ...there's klingons on the starboard side, starboard side, starboard side ....
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:04 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
You're not alone. Patches... they're whacky.

I'm one of the 'wow, this is running smoother' lucky people, though.

Ah... the glories of remote jumping indeed. I was cruising through a sector I own in my Pegasus when I noticed a Khaak cluster ominously making its way towards two of my precious and expensive tranports. Quickly I issued a jump command and prayed. The Khaak were about to catch the TPs at the south gate of Bad Debt when suddenly there was a flash of purple light and a two kilometer long M2 destroyer appeared.

The Khaak scattered as photon pulse cannons began dispensing some rather discriminate and brutal justice. The transports ran through the gate as the Khaak cluster began evaporating at a rate of one a second. The M3, with 75,000 shields, made the terminal error of being in front of the Tidal Kraken and was hit by a stream of gamma and beta pulses from the front, left, and right turrets. Death was immediate.

Oh I do so want to play this game! Xen, I know it took you a ton of time to get to the point of having star destroyers, but I this is the kinda thing every boy who grew up with Star Wars dreams of!
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:10 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Ican
@ dteowner . Klingons ...now they would provide an extra threat. The K&K tag team. Sitting in my Nova ...there's klingons on the starboard side, starboard side, starboard side ....
True enough, although right now a couple Khaak are sufficient to have me saying ...it's worse than that, I'm dead Jim dead Jim dead Jim...
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:51 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I still run from them too. Mind you, I've been so busy this week and will be next week as well, that I haven't had any time to play at all!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:11 am
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I find the Khaak more a pest than a threat, in well policed sectors. In the outer-rim though ... they are a completely different kettle of fish.

On a few occassions I have encountered swarms of the "egg shaped" clusters that break off into about 10-20 or so Khaak M5s. Before you know it you have dozens of the things enveloping you. It doesn't matter what you fly in those circumstances .... you are in trouble.

The new patch seems excellent the more I play with it ( since last night ..) I see that the Teladi Osprey is now available legitimately in-game. That's a real Khaak buster. Saving up for one now ...or I may just trade in my Split Dragon instead. Still so many factories I want to set up too ...decisions, decisions.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:41 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

After playing for a few days with remote jumping it's a marvel I ever did without it.

It lets me jump my Hercules around to buy solar plants without being present (have to be in the sector to place it... though you don't have to be on the Herc), send my battleship to intercept trouble spots, and lets me call for whatever ship type I need whenever I get a BBS mission that looks too good to pass up but is for the wrong ship type.

SO much better!

I've drastically increased by trade empire... by something like 10 or 15 factories. I've started buying the M level ships as well... sometimes 5 to 15 thousand shields helps survive Khaak ambushes... at least, an M5 or two.

Net result is I've probably made enough money to afford another battleship... but sunk it all into my economy. I've still got 22 million personal change though. Maybe I'll treat myself to another M6... though the one I have idles a LOT.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:12 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Besides nerfing pirate captures, does the patch make any major "negative" changes to the gameplay? Since I'm not having much luck capturing pirates anyway (I try it for a while, but I generally get nervous about getting rammed after a couple passes and just vaporize the guy), I'm leaning towards patching up.
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:03 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

More iron willed pirates is about the only 'negative' that springs to mind.

Unless you count pirates using different weapon mounts from time to time a negative. Ran into a Bayoman with Ion Disrupters. Managed to surprise me as I'm used to ignoring them... and suddenly he had done 150,000 damage to my shields. The odd Orinocco now pack PSG, which is also dangerous. More for the pirate than anyone else as it nicely gets an entire sector after them.

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:12 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Capturing is very profitable so I would stick at it. Still, if you leave out capturing, v1.3 is a good patch.
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:36 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I upgraded to 1.3. The biggest thing I've noted is that my Nova's combat computer must have lost a few computer chips during the transition. It no longer leads the target, and regularly passes up a clear shot. I'm a bit displeased, because I might have to learn to do combat myself.
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:11 pm
Dhruin

It hasn't just been turned off, has it? Pressing 'k' will rotate through the tragetting modes.
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:19 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next