How do I take care of Bloodhounds?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Namirrha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

How do I take care of Bloodhounds?

I'm not sure if this forum or the tips and tricks forum is the best place for this question. I'm after a certain weapon, which I hear is good for mages. So I'm battling the bloodhounds at the top of a mountain...but it is starting to drive me mad. My character is just about to go into chapter 2, and I have decent armor (+40 protection from weapons) and a longbow, but my dexterity and strength are unmodified, except for +10 dex I get from rings. My character is level 9. So far, I've found the only way I can kill the bloodhounds is to put distance between us, then begin sniping until they charge and breathe in my character's face. When they're that close, it's a coin toss if my character will survive the next 5 seconds or be mauled to death in a most hideous fashion. I've killed three bloodhounds so far, but there are still more. This method takes ages--my character dies in 4 out of 5 tries. Also, my character's melee abilities are nil--he's lucky if he can kill a wolf, which is why the longbow is my weapon of choice for now.

Could you kind folk offer any advice or is there a better approach? I can't find any spots to climb on to snipe them.
Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:19 am
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

Mage=Magic
Magic=Fireballssss!

Gothic II Credits
Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:53 am
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

I think bloodhounds can be killed with a longbow even if you are ankilled with bows but it will take you a lot of time and arrows.You didnt mention which weapon do you carry?Well level 9 is a normall to low level for chapter 2 (you must be new to gothic .correct me if I am wrong).First thing to do: go to traders and search for more damage-making bows and swords or maces or hammers I think that the smith in the Sect camp(templars camp) provides you in chapter 2 with a hammer named Gods Hammer or something like this if not then you should be able to find a hammer called Orc Hammer with 50 damage nad 20 something strengh needed to use (this weapon could be found from chapter 1 and dont think that an Orc carries it, the name of this hammer has nothing to do with Orcs).Then train your streng and dexterity if needed but dont train your fighting skills cause you are a mage.Try to gain some LP points :kill beast and complete quest they give EX and EX gives you levels, also you can increase strenght dex and MANA(your main concern) with potions if you find them(I wont tell you where).As already Freakie said the best think to do and quicker is to increase your mana and find/buy spells/runes fire/ice regarding so you can kill not only bloodhounds but nearly everithing.Fireballs are the best scrolls, also fireballs can be used as a rune but is expensive and you must be in th 3rd or 4rth circle of magic and you are propably not so the only ways rae two:the long way)what I have telling you above,the quick way)fireball spell scrolls (note:fireball freezes the enemy everytime you cats so you have enough time to cast a new spell.I am finished at last........ lol
Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:10 pm