Usergroups
MOD Discussion Thread
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Elf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok. I tried to make it on my own, but i am not so sklilled in hex editing.So i'd be glad if you direct me to thiese tutorials.My problem is simple.I cant find such adress(in ultra edit only similar to that is 00432c20h not 00432c0c what do i do wrong? and there is no 50 7f)maybe some simple suggestion would be helpful?
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:03 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

@Mecenary
You can change the name of Pyraker into any name you want. Then you want to change all instant references to him into that name so that written text is John also. The spoken dialog will still refer to him as his original name.

I may not understand completely, do you want to use his "skin" model for the Hero (you)? you can also change the basic stats, skill, and attributes of all NPC including Hero.

Could you please illicitate in more detail what you wish to do?
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:17 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hero face and Head shape Edit Hilfe/Help.

@Elf

Please look at post again, I listed 00432c2c, not 00432c0c; it is easy to miss these thing with all the numbers. But you did find the correct spot which is good.

I can answer more help in this MOD Discussion Thread easier. The Hex editor will list the adress along the left side from top to bottom (and I did use ultraEdit32 but any will work) as ending in say here 20, then 30, 40, etc.

The adress per column following from left to right is in hex 1 through F ; sixteen places. Since C h is 12 in decimal, count over 12 places. The first entry is a value at adress *20 so count that.

Yes, there is a entry that says 41 50 7F on line adress 00432c20. Right that is the one of two to change. That is the Head Shape, change 50 7F that to 5A 7F for Thief head shape (similar to Pony Head shape but with crooked nose and higher forehead).

Next right after that is another entry only a few numbers down, literally the next entry. It changes the "Skin" to Diego and the subformat is originally 41 2C 07. Change the middle 2C into 38 for Diego skin. Adress is 00432c31 h.

00432c2c: 50 ; Hero Head Shape original. Change to 5A for Diego Thief.

00432c31: 2c ; Hero Skin Face original. Change to 38 for Diego's Face.

I will recheck my post to see if I goofed on the adress. UK 1.31 version of G2 gothic.dat file are all the same. For German version, the actual adres will be different, but the Full code pattern search (41 6d 05 00 00 09 40 00 00) then conitinue search (41 50 7f) I did not list for expendency. I can explain what that first one means later, it allows you to find NPC based on thier ID number (Hero is 0 but their is 7 sub catergories of test Heros).

Please tell me how it fares for you. I do appreciate feedback and if it works for you. makes my day.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:06 pm
Elf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

All right to make it clear.The adress 00432c20 in my gothic.dat
looks like that:00432C20 00 00 01 09 41 FB 06 00 00 F5 4F 05 00 00 02 09.As you can see there is no 50 7F. I have polish ver. 1.30, and i have no idea what ver. - german or uk is based on.So i am stuck, becouse i am not so skilled to find that things by myself(i only want now to chane head mesh to thief). Any suggestions?
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:16 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Edit Hero Face Pattern Code for ALL G2 versions.

@Elf

You do have good enough skill so far to do it, it can be done, don't give up yet.

That is the problem, it is a different version 1.30 and the size of gothic.dat is different length than English version since the words and native language are different length.

That bit of code tells me where you are at relative to where you want to be.

Lets take the other approach that works for all gothic.dat versions. I assumed you had UK 1.31 and that was exact adress for UK 1.31 only.

You can still edit it easy, just look for this pattern as I mentioned. Please put in the full numbers and search, then only use the first spot. That is the beginning of the basic data for Hero (41 6d 05 00 00 09 40 00 00) make sure to check to search for binary with UltraEdit32 and not only ASCII (no boxes will be checked).

Search 41 6d 05 00 00 09 40 00 00 : the last zero are important Hero ID is 0 and as a double word stored backwards is 00 00.

Find below that about roughly 12 lines down a pattern:

40 00 00 00 00 41 50 7f 00 00 41 2c 07 00 00 40 (or search for this first)

The first 'entry' is 41 50 7f ; change to look like 41 5a 7f ; Head Shape.

The second is 41 2c 07 ; change to look like 41 38 07 ; Diego's Face Skin.

Thast should work, try it and tell me how if that works for you.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:56 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

I wish to change his name to show ........... John. And not JOHN.

And then when i load the game again .......... That it would still be John and not Pyrokar.

That's what i want to know ...... Can you tell me how to change this ???

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:23 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes, and sometimes you need to start a new game for all references to Pyraker to be John. If done with old savegame, any Notes in status screen written will say Pyraker instead of John if the info note (example - I can learn to increase my Mana for Pyraker at the Monestry) was made in dialog before.

Of course, you can easily open up the old savegame and search for all the ASCII 'Pyraker' name and change it to 'John'.

If your e-mail can accept a 1 Meg file (free yahoo and hotmail will not normally), maybe I can change it and send it to you. Depends on how much detail data want changed (first is the Name appearence, then Dialog speech, then Written notes, then written text in game, etc). They will still call him spoken name Pyraker sound.

Just use a hex editor and look for ASCII Pyraker and change them into John within file gothic.dat. Test it with new game and try old save games.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:50 am
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

I must say I´m very impressed with what you do, Xerxes. Such devotion is seldom seen. Keep it up, you´re doing a great thing for the fans!

CrossTopicBaner
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:03 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks for the one up!
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:12 am
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

You´re more than welcome.

CrossTopicBaner
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:03 am
Elf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

@Xerxes

hehehe.It doesn't work .The first step is ok i found that first line, but there is no the "essencial" 41 50 7f.What am i supposed to do now? Shall i copy and paste the whole file? .
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:15 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yea, I noticed that. The polish version 1.30 is different length file. The 'number' value will be differnt by the offset of the longer length (parsed script).

Just send me your gothic.dat file (polish v1.30) and I can find the exact spot and number. The pattern is allows the same. Count down from the ID entry to that exact spot sub list and then that number minus the UK one will be the offset.

The file formats are the same, but different version has different 'offset' values. That is the relative relation numeration (parsed). Zip and e-mail me as copy of gothic.dat file (about 1 Meg) and I will look at it and 'change the values'.

Without the Polish version of G2, I can not verify it works, but I can guide you on what to hex edit and restart your game to see if it works.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:18 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

I have a mail that can accept more then 1 mb too.

My "own" mail is FRS_7a@hotmail.com

but the mail i originally got is

jan.likovnik@guest.arnes.si - you can send it to me here.

Could you tell me which program do i need do edit the names ..... And which files must i edit to change it .....

I will start a new game ....

I want to do this because when we change to Gothic 2 in RPGDot Shadows, Gothic Rogues or (The Secret Guild - which is already in G2 system.) that i could make the Leader's name from Lord Hagen to Pikkon, or in my own usergroup on some other forum .... That i would change High Council to Wooper, Lynx and Mercenary and so on .......

-=Proud member of NFG=-
Post Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:22 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

Actually i only want that when you step next to him and you get him on focus that there it would be written (John). Nothing else. I wish to change names permanently.

-=Proud member of NFG=-
Post Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:42 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, I changed all the Pyrokar references in gothic.dat to John. But there are references to that effect (in focus text and dialog text by Hero) that occur in the OU.bin file.

That will be much easier to just change the focus name and send that particular file to you. Then, I could change what other characters to your friends name instead of normal in game name.

As long as the name normally shows up in focus; I thought there was option to enable or disable that. I better make sure the NPC name do show up over them when in focus - I seem to have forgotten at the moment.

It is easy to do. You are only changing one spot of text /- note that if the name is too long from original NPC name -it will not fit. I am only doing text substitution to keep file length the same (else the EXE will choke on it due to a parse error (numeration so EXE can recognize it -need a program or Dev Tool for that).

Anyway, if that is all you want, then I will send you a zipped file with easy install instructions example to try out. D'accord?
Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:50 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next