Usergroups
magic system
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I noticed that last night, but what’s cool is…

***** Possible Spoiler *****

that now you can increase your mana by making a donation the church. I must caution that I’ve only made one donation of 200 gold, I don’t know if you increase your mana with every donation or if it works only once

Sylvio
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:45 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

Here's a bit I found on GAME concerning spells in Gothic 2:

The initial Circle gives you the opportunity to cast Light Healing spells should they get injured and cast a Holy Arrow attack, but as you develop experience you can progress to the First Circle of Magic proper. At this stage they can summon a menacing Goblin skeleton to aid them in battle.

The Second Circle of Magic opens further possibilities, allowing you to unleash a powerful Fireball and invoke the Wind Fist, a dramatic spell that allows you to propel dangerous enemies away from them.

The Third Circle gives you the ability to cast Fear into the minds of their enemies, causing them to flee in panic, whilst the Ice Block spell causes the enemy to become temporarily frozen, enabling you to escape or launch a powerful attack.

As you get deeper into the game, the Fourth Circle beckons. This adds, amongst other things, the ability to call forth lightning down from the heavens; a useful spell in the dark, where the sizzling bolt will illuminate everything around it for a brief second, at the same time as barbecuing an enemy.

The penultimate Fifth Circle is one that only an experienced Mage would dare to dabble in. The opportunity to summon a malevolent Demon who will attack everything in sight, including perhaps you if you're not careful, means its power must be employed wisely to ensure the Demon’s destructiveness is correctly focused. You can also cast a truly incredible Firestorm – a spectacle to behold as it rains fiery death upon hapless foes.

All Mages aspire to the legendary Sixth Circle of Magic which allows you to bring forth an entire army of sinister undead or perform the Veil of Death, a curse able to instantly snuff out the life force of an enemy.

Gothic II provides you with a number of ways to develop their magic skills. You can spend time searching the land to discover new spells, uncovering them in a wide variety of places, or if you are feeling wealthy, top up your collection at the local marketplace. You will also be rewarded with the ability to cast certain spells upon the completion of some of Gothic II’s many quests.

In addition to the incredible range of spells, player who choose the path of the Mage or Paladin will also gain the ability to metamorphose into other creatures. To wander around undetected for instance, you need merely exert your will and transform into a discreet sheep or wolf form to wander the countryside unmolested. You can also use this ability in battle to shapeshift into beasts like the mighty Snapper to defend yourself.

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:29 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2