Dungeon Siege II - A Review
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Kristophe
Obi-Wan Kermobi
Obi-Wan Kermobi

Dungeon Siege II - A Review

The newest Dungeon Siege II <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=1159&sid=20106b61507e4c85b6c1d9c90983d86b" target="_blank">review</a>... <br> <br><blockquote><em>Beyond the innovations and improvements made, I'd definitely have to say that the storyline in DS2 is much richer, fuller, and more detailed by far when you compare it to the storyline of the original game. The title itself (i.e. Dungeon Siege) is hardly a misnomer either, as dungeons and the like can be found in such a quantity as to give great credence to the naming of this series. Overall, GPG admirably fulfilled the expectations of many a DS buff with their improvements, innovations, and obvious utilization of the changing technology in computer gaming. <br> <br>While spending hours concentrating on running "Fed-Ex" side quests, delving in and out of dungeons on an almost constant basis, or exploring temples, towns, jungles and more - if this is the sort of thing you enjoy, then DS2 is easily bound to be just your cup of tea. For fans of the original game, as well as folks who are just making their first attempt at RPG gaming and want a starting fare that is "RPG-Lite" - you can't go wrong making the investment and adding Dungeon Siege II to your gaming inventory - I know I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game, and I am sure you will too!! <br></em></blockquote>
Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:05 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Very nice review of the game - I always enjoy the reviews by Rpgdot!

I picked up DS2 over the weekend and admittedly have only played about 2 hours. One thing off the bat that I'm not enjoying is the linear path through the gameworld. I was hoping that the game-world would be a little more like an open world that you can explore and even get a little lost in. This was my gripe about DS1 in that the game was just a path you followed.

Does the world of DS2 open up a little bit later in the game?
Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:39 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

Good review. It alsmost made me want to go buy it, but then i remembered the money i wasted on DS and decided to save my money for the frontal labotomy I've been saving for. You almost tricked me Kristophe.
Post Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:39 am
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Very well reasoned, laid out and written. I agree with very much of what was said. I think that a 90% score is too high, but then the score isn't really what matters - it is what is said, and as I said I pretty much agree with that.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed DS2 considering how much of a throw-away I considered DS1.

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:50 am