Frames Per Second Patch
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Frames Per Second Patch

Ok, got the fps patch installed but during gameplay, my character runs ahead of the camera(camera cant keep up with him) After like 10 seconds of moving forward, my character can no longer be seen. The Camera just doesnt keep up with him. Now I know a lot of you use this patch. There is no way you can play the game like this. What do I need to do to fix the camerea speed so it stays with my character? Thanks very much for any info.
Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:12 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Did you try it without the patch? - do you really need the fps patch - what is your fps speed/rate? with the patch as opposed to without the patch?
Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:03 am
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Speed is fine, just the camera looks a little too slow motion to me when moving around. Want to take out the fps cap. Is there another way? Is my problem common with the fps patch?

System specs

barton 3200+
1024 ddr 400 ram
Radeon 9800XT
Sound Blaster Live Value
Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:50 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

You certainly have enough power for playing Gothic.

The fps patch is for by-passing the normal in-game timer/s which are controlling the movement speed of pc-hero seen on the screen. With no patch installed it is normal to see 23/24 fps which goes down slightly to 21/20 fps when pc-hero is running or similar, 25/26/27/28 is often seen - this is normal and is what is required.
If from running, pc-hero stands quite still for a few moments you may see the fps count rise to 50 or 60 fps, but the moment he begins to run again it immediately goes to about 21/22 again.

If you cannot achieve this because of a graphics system under performing, then sure, try the patch to see if you can gain some fps. The patch is generally not required for normal/reasonable graphics cards. If you are getting similar to these speeds i would look to other solutions regarding pulling pc-hero back to the camera. Does turning alternately slightly right and then left while running bring the camera back to normal distance? - does zooming in or out (+/-) while running have any effect?

(in marvin mode> toggle frame)

Other ajustments to the .ini files are also possible, best to do a search, maybe look here first...
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34836

Look under "stability issues, patches and troubleshooting"
Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:35 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

If I maynot bother you, can you tell me how do you know the fram rate?
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:22 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

It's no trouble...marvin command ....TOGGLE FRAME
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:48 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I very very good Freeware program is called FRAPS.
http://www.fraps.com/
Not only does it display FPS but you can take Screenshots and make Movies with sound of any game Gothic or others.
Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:48 am