Usergroups
What YOU would like to see in Gothic 2.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

To be precise, when I was talking about more complex behaviour, I was thinking about things like:

If you attack somebody in a camp, a lot of nearby guys should help him, especially if they sit at campfire. But I only hear comments like "good fight....". If I beat someone down or rob him or whatever, he should refuse helping me in any way (trading, skilling, non critical quests). Also if I enter camp in which I beat/rob/kill/etc. someone, I should be attacked or warned at least (like "if you come close to him/us, we will beat/kill you"). As I wrote earlier in the reply, if you picklock/loot someone's chest / him there should happen something (looking for thief, small alarm), if you buy something and merchant sees you have incredibly much money, he should warn guards...

And one thing more:

- limited backpack. it's funny but rather unreal to be able to go with all the stuff you can find.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 2:48 pm
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

And more:

- you shouldn't be able to cure yourself by eating - only magical items / magic should do it. Or going to standard (non magic healer, but then it would require time.

- sleeping would cure only a little (or none, depending on damage / healer actions), like in real life - possibility to chop someone's arms / legs / head would be nice. And no curing through "eating" - only very strong elixirs or advanced magicians could do it. And of course the same to you - if you loose limb, you loose it until you find proper elixir or advanced magicians. And you die if you don't do it fast. Learning how to chop could be done by reading proper books / scrolls (read below)

- mouse buttons bindable

- some details about fighting:

pressing action locks you on target - if there's no target, it just locks you it is nice feature when there is one or two enemies. but when you have many more, it doesn't help. I would suggest: no locking with action - you can stand still
and fight in any direction (with forward, left, right), and you can turn you character with action pressed down (currently when he's locked he turns to face his current enemy or holds him in position when no enemy). And you should be able to step back with action pressed. The last requires, that blocking should be done with different (bindable) key - I would love to have lmb1 as attack and lmb2 or lmb3 as block.

I remember locking was also done in "Blade of Darkness", but it was disaster there - it was switch based, and without lock you couldn't strafe.

Remember "Omikron" ? You could learn combos from books. It would be great to be able to by/find book/scroll about melee / magic / ranger fights and learn combos from them.

I'll post more (if I think up something).
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 3:25 pm
unconstitutional
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

1. A better view range. As it stands now, you can see very limited terrain ahead of you, nullifying any benefits for standing atop a cliff to view your surroundings- BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY: NPCs and creatures have an EVEN shorter view range- you almost have to stand 30 ft away from them before they 'materialize out of thin air' This needs to be improved

2. Ability to target monsters/NPCs while you are in VIEW MODE- what I mean by this is when you hit the Ins key on the num pad and look above or below you, you can target guys so you can actually shoot things of a ledge- this would be nice.

Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 4:39 am
method
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

id like to see it start up with like te hero walking out of the barrier and suddenly...BOOM...
gets struck by lightning as the barrier just forms again...
it doesn't kill him, but knocks him unconcious for hours.
when he wakes up he has terrible amnesia and has been robbed!
then he has to meet up with diego and the gang again to find out what happened with the barrier and stuff
that would be kinda neato
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:06 am
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

That would not be cool!

Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:11 am
method
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well...
i think it would
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:20 am

quote:

On 2002-01-18 22:39, unconstitutional wrote:
1. A better view range. As it stands now, you can see very limited terrain ahead of you, nullifying any benefits for standing atop a cliff to view your surroundings- BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY: NPCs and creatures have an EVEN shorter view range- you almost have to stand 30 ft away from them before they 'materialize out of thin air' This needs to be improved

2. Ability to target monsters/NPCs while you are in VIEW MODE- what I mean by this is when you hit the Ins key on the num pad and look above or below you, you can target guys so you can actually shoot things of a ledge- this would be nice.

They made the graphics engine like that for a reason. It has to be able to run on a lot of systems. Not everyone has a gigahertz+ processor and 256+ megs of ram. Anymore of a view would drop the framerates very low.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 6:17 am

RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

You can zoom in and zoom out you know..
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 6:47 am
Sorencera
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

-To be able to forge and blacksmith a sword better than a simple one hander.

-Perhaps even a weapons making skill. (For a
time near the beginning of my second play through I had quite a lucrative sword making buisness going on).

-More class specific traits/behaviors/rules?
I was so damn anxious to become one of those samurai like Templars; then a bit disappointed to learn all warriors fight similarly.

-More creative ways to earn your living during the game (as a pure theif, merchant, hunter etc).
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 8:51 am
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

yea i guess so,
i really just want to see differant fighting styles.. im quite into martial arts and the such, and was kinda disapointed to find out every one fights the same
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 9:35 am

I would like to see this in Gothic 2:

Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 10:46 am

HOLY SNIKE!
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 11:23 am

pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

WHOA!!!!
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:03 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

What would I like to see, hmm...
-Definately, a larger map
-Maybe 50% longer game
-Other Ways to earn "SkillPoints"
-"Specialized" Traders; Armor & Weapos,
Food & Healing, Etc.
-Ability to pick character model
-Ability to make or have
"Specialized" Armor/Weapons made
-Fewer Bugs/Crashes!
-More Chicks (that you can talk to!)
-Better mouse support
-Animals/Monsters "Respawn" faster
-No being "locked out" of learning skills
because of class!
-Specialized movements for "opening" or
"using" different things.
-Better "Idiot Proofing" (Can't Blow
major quests by going somewhere, doing
something early)
-More "Hidden/Secret" areas
-More "Optional" Quests, Maybe
for SkillPoints
-More "Interactive" environment. You know,
can "Break Down" doors, "Burn" houses etc

Anyways, thats MY wishlist.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 8:59 pm
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Two more:

- if you attack someone and loose your fight, you usually hear "next time I'll kill you", but no matter how many times you attack the same person and loose, you stay alive, eventually loosing some ore. Let your enemies kill you next time as they promised.

- if you loose fight, you should always loose everything, especially all ore / weapons / food / potions, in general all valuable stuff
Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 12:54 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next