Dragonshard deserves to be in RPGDot News section
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > RPGDot

Author Thread
GokYabguHan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Dragonshard deserves to be in RPGDot News section

I think Dragonshard have enough RPG elements. Why don't you post it's pre-re-interviews in news section? I'm RPG addict and do not like RTS much. But, this game intrigued me much (like Spellforce). I have played demo and like it, and now i am looking for the full game. I recommend it to every RPGamer.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:35 am
GokYabguHan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

For Gods sake is there no one who want to post his/her opinion about this?
Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:34 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

*Scratches her chin while thinking...* Hmm... nope. It's hard to post an opinion about a game when you don't have one on it in the first place.
Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:08 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Here's an "official" reply. We are often criticised when we cover an RTS with RPG elements, so it is my intention to reduce the coverage of those games unless there is some special reason for covering them. I would accept that being a D&D game might make this a little different but I don't think we'll add it this late in the game. Thanks for the feedback, though.
Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:53 am
GokYabguHan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
Here's an "official" reply. We are often criticised when we cover an RTS with RPG elements, so it is my intention to reduce the coverage of those games unless there is some special reason for covering them. I would accept that being a D&D game might make this a little different but I don't think we'll add it this late in the game. Thanks for the feedback, though.

But, as i said earlier this game have really good RPG elements. In underground you are controlling a party of adventurers and take lots of quests. I consider myself a RPG veteran and hate RTS. If i like it than it really have something in it. I do not want RPG community to pass this game.
Post Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:01 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Hmm so.. Aren't such info available to RPGDot Staff you think ?? And by the way, you only want it to be covered by news, or have it's own board in the forums, too ?
Post Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:23 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr
Hmm so.. Aren't such info available to RPGDot Staff you think ??

We are open to discussions, actually I think we need more input like this from our readers.
Post Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:26 pm
Dhruin

I'll go read some more reviews. I am aware of the underground questing but AFAIK, it's still much more RTS than not, but I'll take another look.
Post Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:44 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

I'm with ya on Dragonshard being a great game, really enjoying it here. About 3/4 way thru singleplayer campaign. The only reason I havent finished it yet, is that I keep going back and re-playing alot of the scenarios multiple times in different ways. Sure, Id like coverage of this game on the net in general, the only places to really chat about it is are Dragonshard Enclave, and Shard Gamers, and even those places are for the most part not too active.

That said, I'm not really bothered by the lack of coverage here, for a few diff reasons. For one thing, at it's heart it's clearly an RTS, really no more RPG than Warcraft 3. Unfortunately for whatever reason, either the release of other rabid fanboy products such as AOE3, or the fact that the game seems to be pretty buggy for alot of people's systems (i've had literally no problems personally), or there just isnt as much star power in D&D anymore, hardly anyone is playing this game. I'm feeling like I did back when Myth2 and Battlezone2 came out, me and like ten other people adored those games, but unfortunately seemed to be the only ones who did

The only mitigating factor that would in my mind make it something RPGDot would cover, is that it's a Dungeons n' Dragons themed game. However, it's up to them to decide what goes on their site, and if they dont want to cover RTS's, then that's their decision.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:36 pm