Im new and have a few questions?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Amra
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Im new and have a few questions?

I just started playing and am having fun. I just have a few questions that ill number.

1)im level 5 and have put all exp into sword 1h and strength and 5 into tanning because im an apprentice ot the bowyer. To be able to kill higher stuff where should i stop putting skill points into strength and 1h and start putting some elsewhere like picklocks and stealth or do i even need these.

2) i found an island off of the harbor and found a cave there with 4 treeasure chest. The first one i can open but 2 require a lockpick and 1 a key. First i got killed trying to get past the trap then i got in and got killed going back out.
How do i disarm the trap and second what level if i get lockpick does it have to be to open these chest and third where to i get the key for the last one.

3)I joined the militia and am supposed to find Peck? for the paladins so i can get my weapon. Where is he located.

4)i found a door in the harbor(off to the side like hidden) I beleive that is where the bowyers bow is and i have a feeling its the thieves guild--how do i get a key to get in
Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:01 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Here goes:

1) First build up your fighting capabilities, such as indeed fighting and strength. Picklocks is something you can take right from the start, it's almost necessary to finish the game and you'll get a lot of items and gold with it. The other things can be used if you want to, you'll get plenty of lp's to spend, so you don't have to worry about maybe wasted learning points.

2)You can dismantle the trap by using the torch that is in the room before the corridor with the trap.
You can learn how to pick lock by several npc's and then buy a lockpick. You'll need several because with low dexterity you can easily break a lockpick. The higher your dexterity the lesser lock picks you'll break.
You can get the key for the other chest from either Cassia (Thieves' guild) or Hannah (Hotel manager). To get it from Cassia you'll need to become a thief and do a quest for her, to get it from Hannah you'll need to get Lehmar's Ledger (the moneylender in the harbour district).

3) The Red Lantern, this is the whorehouse in the harbour district. Don't tell Lord Andre that Peck was there otherwise Peck will give you a useless Rusty Sword in return.

4) Use the search function and search for the Thieves' guild and how to enter. The door is indeed to the sewers where Bosper's bow is and the Thieves' guild. This question has been asked more than thousand times (not exaggerating), so you can find everything you'll need to know in other threads.
Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:40 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Wow. How 'bout that. I didn't even know about the torch thing with the booby trap. I just got in and out of that place with some snapperweed and a mighty leap!

@Amra: Welcome and enjoy the best game ever made!!
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:56 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Cassia gives you a leather bag which includes also the keys for some chests.
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:08 am