Stuck on ever-lovin $%$@@# Ladders - spoilers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
CyberKhan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Stuck on ever-lovin $%$@@# Ladders - spoilers

Ok this has got to be fixed because it has now completely stopped my game.

Ladders in this game are horrible. They are the worst I have seen in a FPS type game. I get stuck on about 90% of the ladders I climb and now finally I am stuck so badly I am unable to complete the game.
The ladder in the smelting room is bad, trying to get up it away from the beast, but somehow after 30 MINUTES of trying, I made it up the one ladder and killed him.

BUT THEN, here is where I am stuck.
That big ladder that leads down into the shaft with the large piece of mithril, I get stuck on EVERYTIME I even TOUCH it. I saved at the top of the shaft because if I try to climb down it, I stick to it unable to move, and once I jump down from the ledge and get the mithril zapped I am unable to climb back up. I have tried everything possible, jumping moving, casting useless spells, yelling, cussing, and nothing works. I can't even get off the ground. anyone else had this problem or know of a way to fix it cuz I can't complete the game or even continue any further until I can figure out a way to get out of the shaft. Can't post on Jowoods forums yet because their register thing is broken.
Post Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:24 am
SuMMoNeR
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm having excatly the same problem, I'm stuck at the same spot... I can't climb UP(I got down...) the big ladder in the dwarven mine where you find the mithril When I get onto the ladder I'm just stuck, can't move up, or down, can't do nothing... I tried levitating but that also didn't work... So we can't complete this game, i think I wasn't able to climb the other ladder(where the beast follows you) either, but I got lucky there cause he got stuck in the middle near the smasher... I really hope someone here knows a solution to this problem, I would really like to complete this game... I tried everything, the patch, levitating, jumping, ... etc... Nothing seems to work, I can't get up the ******* ladder Please someone help us?

Greetz,
A dissapointed Arx Fatalis player...
Post Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:52 pm
superdarkdude
Village Leader
Village Leader

whoa, sorry to hear that...

This is not gonna be very helpful, because I have had no problem with ANY of the ladders in the game... I usually don't bother with tryin to use them to get down, cause its kind of a pain, but goin up, I just walk right up to it, and he starts going up, no extra buttons needed. This is a long-shot, but could it have something to do with something you are wearing? Or are you staying in combat mode, or crouching, or something like that? Like I said, sorry this is not that helpful, I'll experiment and get back to you....
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:01 am
Supa2113
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have walked right up to the ladder and I get stuck at the base followed by a beating from the beast.

I've tried: Running, Jumping, Walking, Crouching, Moonwalking and Streaking Naked up the ladder. Even attempted the backside of the ladder and tried a sideways approach.

My character must not have the intelligence required to climb a ladder.
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:32 am
SuMMoNeR
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Anyone know a fix ??? I've been trying for an hour now to get up that ladder, getting frustrated
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:02 am
georgon38
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Maybe you could try the official Jowood forum for Arx and ask the question directly to Arkane. Some of the developers are often online and they do answer to some questions themselves (Julien Robby for exple).

I Hope you'll find an answer...
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:30 pm
Supa2113
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I tried to post on the Jowood forums, but all I recieve is a broken link for activation. Since I cannot activate my account, I cannot post there.
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:57 pm
SuMMoNeR
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Supa2113
I tried to post on the Jowood forums, but all I recieve is a broken link for activation. Since I cannot activate my account, I cannot post there.

I tried to register, but didn't get any mail yet
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:22 pm
CyberKhan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

posting on Jowood

I tried to register, never got an activation link. Even sent an email to the moderator of the board, since he knows about it,and posted another message saying email him if you cant activate, and still a week later can't post on that board. Im hopelessly stuck now and can't continue in the game, and about to delete it and ask them for money back. Its a game stopping bug.
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:25 am
SuMMoNeR
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: posting on Jowood

quote:
Originally posted by CyberKhan
I tried to register, never got an activation link. Even sent an email to the moderator of the board, since he knows about it,and posted another message saying email him if you cant activate, and still a week later can't post on that board. Im hopelessly stuck now and can't continue in the game, and about to delete it and ask them for money back. Its a game stopping bug.

I was maybe hoping there was a build-in cheat to fly??? That should solve the problem... But there seems to be only one cheat at the beginning of the game I'm not about to start over, I should maybe to the same and ask my money back
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:24 am
Garrett

I don't know what is going on at the JoWood boards, but the problem with the activation mails is going on for many weeks now

Anyway, I contacted Raphael Colantonio from Arkane and he asked for your system specs; please post or mail me your system (cpu, ram, wn version, dx version etc) and maybe a save game of the curent situation is needed as well. Ths is the first time he and I ever heard about this problem...
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:09 am
SuMMoNeR
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi Garrett,

Ok here are my system specs : AMD 1800xp+, 256mb DDR Ram, geforce 4 ti 4600 running on WinXP Pro...

Well everyone can test my savegame now cause i've uploaded it, it's a quicksave game just before I try to climb up the ladder...
Maybe the savegame is corrupt, maybe it will work on another pc...
You can download it here : http://users.pandora.be/ZiNo/Cur0001/
Just put the two files the save and the bpm in the Cur0001 folder in your save folder from arx fatalis

Greetz,
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:04 pm
julien roby@arkane studio
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

For the one having a problem with this ladder bug:
please send me your savegame in front of the ladder when you have done all your things in this room) we'll take you out of this room and send you back the savegame.

Send it to jroby@arkane-studios.com
and if you reveive the full mail box message then send it to:
mmele@arkane-studios.com

Julien ROBY
ARKANE STUDIOS
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:11 pm
SuMMoNeR
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by julien roby@arkane studio
For the one having a problem with this ladder bug:
please send me your savegame in front of the ladder when you have done all your things in this room) we'll take you out of this room and send you back the savegame.

Send it to jroby@arkane-studios.com
and if you reveive the full mail box message then send it to:
mmele@arkane-studios.com

Julien ROBY
ARKANE STUDIOS

Unfortunately I'm unable to send you my saved game, because my hotmail account allows me to send files that are maximum 1024kb
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:03 am
Supa2113
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My system specs are:

AMD Athalon 2000+ on an Asus A7V333 board BIOS rev 1015
Leadtek Geforce 4 TI 4400 (A250 Series) BIOS rev 4.0- 40.72 WHQL drivers
512meg PC2700 RAM
Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer - Revision: AUD-WEBUP-W2-US 8/26/2002
40gig Harddrive
Windows XP Pro SP1

All driver/software updates/patches. No Overclocking and plenty of cooling.

And thanks Jroby for checking out my saved game. I have not tried it since I'm currently at work
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:21 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next