Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
video settings to see farther (Gothic II with NofR addon)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
johnnybravo1
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

video settings to see farther (Gothic II with NofR addon)

i wonder if there is a setting, like in Morrowind, to see a little farther. I hear the beasts but can`t see them before is too late - and they sometimes are very tough. attacking first so might be a tactic - but i must see them clearly to start ranged or melee attacks.
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:10 pm
Warmskin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

First of all, F1 thru F4 will give you increasing levels of distance. Also, I believe one of the options (options menu) allows you to increase visibility. I think many people try 300% (of course this depends on your machine). If it starts to stutter, bring it back down somewhat. In the 'gothic.ini' file in your 'system' folder inside of the 'gothic' folder there are many options that can be changed. Make a back up first of that 'gothic.ini' file! Good luck...
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:27 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

You can get up to 300% through the settings. If you wanna see beyond that, then you have to use some console commands which I can't remember right now, but if you search the forums there was a topic about how to increase draw distance beyond 300%.
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:39 pm
Provok
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Also, if you do not have a computer that can withstand a high range or you simply cannot see through all the vegetation, you can wiel your range weapon which will as a "radar" helping you see monsters before they see you.
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:56 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yes, using the "radar" concept helps a lot to keep you from getting surprized by opponents. Unfortunately, having a ranged weapon or spell "armed" to give you "radar" means that you don't see all the plants and other objects on the ground very easily. So you need to stop periodically and retrace your path without "radar" to get all the stuff you may have missed.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:19 pm
johnnybravo1
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by imposteraz
Yes, using the "radar" concept helps a lot to keep you from getting surprized by opponents. Unfortunately, having a ranged weapon or spell "armed" to give you "radar" means that you don't see all the plants and other objects on the ground very easily. So you need to stop periodically and retrace your path without "radar" to get all the stuff you may have missed.

That is what i am doing now. A bit of 'radar' and a bit of searching. Thanks.
Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:44 pm