Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Morrowind on GoneGold
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

I didn't have time to scour this forum properly, but did anyone see that GoneGold lists Morrowind for release on November 9th?!?!? I think this is rather optimistic (to say the least), but i didn't see anything about it on the front page, so...?

Anyhow, later on...

hammermd
Post Mon Sep 10, 2001 1:35 am

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Hm. This might be somewhat optimistic, but if you follow the Morrowind forums a little, you get the impressions that they are close to a point where you could expect the game to be out this year, as promised. I think they want to do everything to be one of the first XBox releases, and thus I am sure they are working day and night...

Post Mon Sep 10, 2001 6:24 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

The impressions indicates a final phase of the development, But hopefully Bethesda has learnt their lessons to test their games more thorougly before release (Prevented Daggerfall for the ultimative succes).
Morrowind is very ambitious with editor and all, so if they do it "correctly", I don't think we shouldn't expect the game before december 2001 at the earliest.
If they are in condition to add more manpower to the project, they may be able to step up the release if they don't find to many major bugs!
Post Mon Sep 10, 2001 2:40 pm
Bourrie
Village Leader
Village Leader

They've learned their lesson I guess! They've a fulltime bughunter in the team for this game. We can only hope the man's doing his job fine!

Post Mon Sep 10, 2001 4:26 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

I hope there will be more than one bughunter in a big game like this, or at least a lot of external playtesters.
Post Tue Sep 11, 2001 9:57 am
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

<sarcastic>
What do you mean, external playtesters? Why not do what everyone else does, expect customers to playtest, then release a 30 MB patch four months after the release?
</sarcastic>
Post Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:13 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Hehe, yes this procedure is used more and more, but I doubt it's the most profitable in the long run. They may save some money in the test phase, but the negative commercial value will more than enough overshadow these initial savings.
Eventhough we are many gamers, who buy a game as soon it's out, there are still a lot of potential buyers who wait until the initial reaction on a game is spread.
And hopefully there is no publisher who demands a to early release.
Post Wed Sep 12, 2001 11:51 am

Bethesda has hired an outside company to do most of its playtesting, afaik there will be no beta, and they should be done by their projected date

thehand
Post Tue Sep 18, 2001 4:29 am

Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Well, anyway, I look forward to the game, and I hope I'll have some time/chance to play it.
Post Wed Sep 19, 2001 1:56 pm

he he Anarchy online comes to mind. A few thousand playtesters get the job done.
Post Wed Sep 19, 2001 4:28 pm

Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Morrowind in November, cool, especially as Daggerfall seems to be having a renaisance. Is there a reason why all the screenshots so far are X-Box? Will we all need a 2gigaherz, Geforce mega ultra 3 super PC, or is is there hope for us cavemen still using Geforce 2 mx? For me, the graphics are not that important so long as the game is still playable.
Post Wed Sep 19, 2001 7:52 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Ok, some info that should be taken as *RUMOR* for now:

November seems overly optimistic. I hear that my friend Wormgod is starting to talk about "grace periods" *g*. The official statement is: 2001. But I haven't heard anything about "feature complete" so far, and I guess that beta testing will take more than a month (I sincerely hope so).

A GeForce 2MX won't do the trick with all details. However, it should be ok with some things tuned down.

Why do we only see XBox shots? I think this has more to do with marketing than with anything else

Post Wed Sep 19, 2001 8:19 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

I still say December 2001 at the earliest, more likely Januar 2002. I think hiring an external crew to test it is the best way to test a game, but perhaps also the most expensive and time consuming way. But if that makes the quality for the game goes up a few notches, I think it can extend the income far beyond the expenses.
Post Mon Sep 24, 2001 12:08 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Very serios rumours that Morrowind is delayed until march 2002. This week is just full of unpleasant surprises. Is it "Kick very patient CRPG gamers" week???
Post Tue Oct 02, 2001 12:34 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

Well us English speakers have Gothic coming out. I really enjoyed the demo once I learned how to control everything. I am looking forward to that one for sure!

Post Tue Oct 02, 2001 1:27 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next